Trust Ciphers!
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 70 71 72
 Shiva.Devrom
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-08-09 16:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if there is any guide for bonuses that trusts get for being called together.

edit: This has nothing to do with team up bonus, but Mumor is really good. It is very nice to have Haste Samba but she also stuns pretty well and doesn't seem weaker than actual "DD" trusts which are pretty much crap. She also has a really high double attack rate thanks to Saber Dance. She would have been even better if she wasn't restricted to Stutter Step though.
By gdiShun 2014-08-11 20:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Lhu supposed to get WS 25ish levels early? >__> She was using Rampage at level 27 and now is using Onslaught at 52.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-11 20:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the trusts are programmed odd. I have no explanation as to WHY, obviously, but yes, they seem to do whatever ws they're capable of, regardless of level (mostly).

They're ws's are not the same as ours. Or their skill levels are quite different, or some combo of both, since they have 2 main jobs.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-11 21:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They do get their WS earlier than us, but they dont get em all from the get go.

For instance, Ferro/Noillure do not get their Relic WS at level 20 ish, at least from what I can tell... Ferro will not use any WS at all until he gets Randgrith too lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rydin
Server: Bismarck
user: Ryden
By Bismarck.Rydin 2014-08-12 02:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

For those that are night owls like me.
You need to talk to Jamal in Ru'lude Gardens he's in the Arch Duke's house (H-5). He'll give you the KI you need to get the new ciphers.
[+]
 Sylph.Gades
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Gades 2014-08-12 03:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for that Rydin. I read that Key Item I was like....errr...WHAT? haha.
By Warviper 2014-08-12 03:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm Jamal is not giving me anything ;;;

He just says:
When i agreed to get involved with the Trust initiative, i didn't imagine it to be so... trying.

I have lots of other trusts, ive completed all 3 nation trust quests.

EDIT: Someone has told me i need to finish WoTG storyline?!?!? I didnt read this anywhere on POLs official site... is this true?!?!
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-12 03:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Warviper said: »
Hmm Jamal is not giving me anything ;;;

He just says:
When i agreed to get involved with the Trust initiative, i didn't imagine it to be so... trying.

I have lots of other trusts, ive completed all 3 nation trust quests.

EDIT: Someone has told me i need to finish WoTG storyline?!?!? I didnt read this anywhere on POLs official site... is this true?!?!

They mentioned that in one of the campaigns (The Campaign Campaign?) that the august update would bring things for people who completed the WoTG Storyline. I imagine these trusts are it.

You also need to have beaten each nations respective quest line in order to get each nations individual trust.

(But seriously give me my godd*mned Lilisette trust...)
 Bismarck.Rydin
By Bismarck.Rydin 2014-08-12 03:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You only need to finish the story line for 3 of the 4 new ones I think. Rainemard doesn't have that req I think. I did all the wotg stuff a long time ago sorry
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-12 03:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm... its not the completion of WoTG.

I've beat WoTG, and I've completed the entirety of Windurst (S) line, and he's just telling me the same line as the fellow above.

Well this is going to be really f**king annoying =.=, guess i'll start with making sure I have all 3 City ones.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-12 03:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

After you get the KI, what do you do with it...? (I've got all 42 available trusts and got the ki).

Weteta says when you find the KI bring it to me, but he doesn't do anything
 Shiva.Eboneezer
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2014-08-12 03:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the KI and i've barely done any missions or quests for WOTG. Not that it helps much, but you do not need to complete WOTG for sure.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-12 03:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eboneezer said: »
I got the KI and i've barely done any missions or quests for WOTG. Not that it helps much, but you do not need to complete WOTG for sure.

I think the requirements may simply be having the Key item from all 3 cities. testing said theory now.

Edit: Nope, I have all 3 Trust Key items (Bastok, Windurst, Sandy) as well as completed WoTG and Windurst (S) storyline... guy wont give me the time of day.
 Bismarck.Rydin
By Bismarck.Rydin 2014-08-12 03:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
After you get the KI, what do you do with it...? (I've got all 42 available trusts and got the ki).

Once you have the Bundle of Scrolls KI from Jamal (Again, found in H-5 in Ru'Lude Gardens) you can now pick up the new trusts found in Wings of the Goddess areas. All of said NPCs will give you direct access to the Trust except for Shanene. She gives you the Cipher. It's my assumption that she'll be how we get future trusts in WoTG areas. (only an assumption mind you.)

hope this helps clear up some stuff.

Edit: For those having issues getting the KI, I'm not sure how to help. I keep current on my Trusts and missions/quests and didn't have any issues getting the KI sorry :/
By Fallfromgrace 2014-08-12 03:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Excenmille [S] uses an ability called Stag's Call that gives aoe haste, attack bonus and magic attack bonus. So far I've only seen him use unique great sword weapon skills.

Romaa seems to be a THF with a sword. Have noticed Feint and Trick Attack used as well as Fast Blade, Vorpal Blade and Cobra Clamp.

Rainemard self buffs, pro/shell/phalanx/haste 2 and en spell of whatever mob is weak to it seems.
 Shiva.Dwyte
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2014-08-12 03:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rydin said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

Once you have the Bundle of Scrolls KI from Jamal (Again, found in H-5 in Ru'Lude Gardens) you can now pick up the new trusts found in Wings of the Goddess areas. All of said NPCs will give you direct access to the Trust except for Shanene. She gives you the Cipher. It's my assumption that she'll be how we get future trusts in WoTG areas. (only an assumption mind you.)

hope this helps clear up some stuff.

Edit: For those having issues getting the KI, I'm not sure how to help. I keep current on my Trusts and missions/quests and didn't have any issues getting the KI sorry :/

did you by chance speak to anyone before jamal? like Shanene?
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-12 03:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've spoken with Romaa directly, even spoke with the Trust galka in Port Bastok... I have all 6 Nation trusts and the Key items... Beat WoTG+Windurst(S)

Jamal wont give me anything but that "trust tiring blah blah" line the guy a few posts up reported.
 Bismarck.Rydin
By Bismarck.Rydin 2014-08-12 03:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dwyte said: »

did you by chance speak to anyone before jamal? like Shanene?

I did not me and the GF were trying to figure out how to get the KI. She went and talked to the taru npc in woods (the one you trade ciphers to) and I decided to try talking to every random npc in Ru'lude till I found one that worked (Jamal). Not very scientific I know but it worked lol. Sorry I'm not much more help
By gdiShun 2014-08-12 04:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Stag's Horn is about a ~15% Attack increase it looks like.
 Shiva.Dwyte
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2014-08-12 05:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so i wasnt able to get the ki, and after talking to several LS members that did have it, i figured out that they all had the original 11 home nation trusts, so i went and grabbed shantotto, the only one i didnt have, and now im able to get the ki. hope this helps
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-12 06:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Summoning Nanaa after Romaa get the following Text:

(NanaaMihgo) Rrromaa? And what's that smell? It can't be....!?

So apparently Mithras smell different when knocked up.

Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-08-12 06:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be the smell of Daddy :o
By Highwynd 2014-08-12 08:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Rainemard Haste2 the player?
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-12 08:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope. Just himself. Doesn't even refresh anyone. So pretty much he is a noob.
By Highwynd 2014-08-12 08:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Good, saves me time not getting him.
By Warviper 2014-08-12 08:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so i wasnt able to get the ki, and after talking to several LS members that did have it, i figured out that they all had the original 11 home nation trusts, so i went and grabbed shantotto, the only one i didnt have, and now im able to get the ki. hope this helps

THANK YOU !!!!! ^^

This was the exact same thing missing for me ^^

I didn't have Shantotto either as the only original city trust, now i do ^^ and now quest NPC jamal works ^^
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-08-12 11:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Warviper said: »

THANK YOU !!!!! ^^

This was the exact same thing missing for me ^^

I didn't have Shantotto either as the only original city trust, now i do ^^ and now quest NPC jamal works ^^
Dammit -.- don't want those trash npcs man ugh...
 Asura.Voidwolf
user: Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2014-08-12 12:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, of all the nation Trusts Kupipi is the only one that I still use. The rest are so outclassed by the rare Trusts.

And Rainemard sounds useless.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-12 14:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Voidwolf said: »
Yeah, of all the nation Trusts Kupipi is the only one that I still use. The rest are so outclassed by the rare Trusts.

And Rainemard sounds useless.

As far as original nation Trusts:
- Nanaa is still unique in that she's the only Trust with Treasure Hunter.
- Ayame is AMAZING for breaking weapon latents since she'll intelligently open skillchains.

Rainemard only self-buffs... EXCEPT if you have him in a party with Curilla. But then he'll only cast on himself and Curilla, not on anyone else. Rainemard does have surprisingly decent DD power (as Trusts go) from some quick and sloppy parsing I did when I was just messing around with the new Trusts last night. Guess that Haste II counts for something. But still, DD trusts, meh...
By minikomby 2014-08-12 16:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Where or how you get that "bundle of scrolls" key item?
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 70 71 72