Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Tigertail
By Phoenix.Tigertail 2013-12-10 18:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Talon said: »
Phoenix.Tigertail said: »
Phoenix.Baelorn said: »
I can zone into my Mog Garden from any Mog House exit. Awesome.

This is cool.

My alt doesn't have the new expansion yet, but she was able to go to the Mog garden and do everything there. When I tried to go back to whence she came I got a black screen and the chat log said You are unable to enter your room. I could still target stuff in the mog garden and talk to the moogle but everything was black. I had to use a GPS star to warp to Windurst.

I haven't tried it on my main who has adoulin access to see what happens but Im thinking its because the alt doesn't have the new area access? Any ideas?

Known issue :(

Ok. Also, the mule on my alt can go to the mog garden but the mule on my main cant. Says she doesn't meet the requirements or whatever. Im comfused. :P
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-12-10 18:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Talon said: »
Phoenix.Baelorn said: »
I can zone into my Mog Garden from any Mog House exit. Awesome.

This is cool.

My alt doesn't have the new expansion yet, but she was able to go to the Mog garden and do everything there. When I tried to go back to whence she came I got a black screen and the chat log said You are unable to enter your room. I could still target stuff in the mog garden and talk to the moogle but everything was black. I had to use a GPS star to warp to Windurst.

I haven't tried it on my main who has adoulin access to see what happens but Im thinking its because the alt doesn't have the new area access? Any ideas?

Known issue :(

Ok. Also, the mule on my alt can go to the mog garden but the mule on my main cant. Says she doesn't meet the requirements or whatever. Im comfused. :P

There's a few issues with Zoning etc at the minuet thanks to the new Home Point Warp system, just give it 3 hours for more emergency maintenance.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-12-10 18:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Home points are outside WKR now >.>
[+]
 Phoenix.Tigertail
Server: Phoenix
user: Tigertail
By Phoenix.Tigertail 2013-12-10 18:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't see how my alt and her mule can go to the mog garden when none of them have a pioneer's badge.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-12-10 18:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If too many players are near by it appears you CANNOT summon your trust NPCs. This might only be a restriction for Reives though.
 Leviathan.Walshy
Server: Leviathan
user: Walsh
By Leviathan.Walshy 2013-12-10 19:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Home points are outside WKR now >.>

There's also one behind rancor flame gate
 Cerberus.Jaxson
user: Jaxson
By Cerberus.Jaxson 2013-12-10 19:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Shiva.Zafira said: »
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
I think it's free from 12-23rd? I got a friend whose char got booted yesterday due to credit card payment failing so it's not free yet

I was able to log right in for the free trial. I had to reset my password though cause i havent played in months and although im sure i remembered it correctly, i was able to log right in once i reset it. Just log in like normal through pol.
really? that's odd it just gives me this message

and then I go login SE account and it says add 14 bucks to activate the content ID etc

Reading what it says you have to have been deactivated for more than like 3 months to get the free trial.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-12-10 20:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Any idea why it would let me do the Windurst Trust quest, but not the Sandy one? have max fame in sandy...
 Asura.Thalassa
By Asura.Thalassa 2013-12-10 20:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »
Any idea why it would let me do the Windurst Trust quest, but not the Sandy one? have max fame in sandy...

Sounds like you've got some Trust issues...
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-12-10 20:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Any idea what these new Temp KIs from the WKR Records quests are for?
By fractalvoid 2013-12-10 22:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

crashing everytime I try and open quest menu.
not spellcast
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-10 22:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you extract XI view?
By fractalvoid 2013-12-10 23:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Did you extract XI view?

Yup... guess that's my problem. Should I just revert back?
There was some random issue a few updates ago where you couldn't open delivery box from menu either, had to do /deliverybox lol but this a bit more of an issue than that.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
user: kbeezie
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-10 23:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just seems weird to me as I'm going thru the list of 117 Eminent armor, that they stuck the ranger job onto a mage set. (pup is on both a mage and melee set).
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-10 23:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

PS: Since I'm just thinking that the Eminence stuff appears to be solo oriented... what if the Latent effects on the weapon are only active when you're not in a party?
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-10 23:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

fractalvoid said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Did you extract XI view?

Yup... guess that's my problem. Should I just revert back?
There was some random issue a few updates ago where you couldn't open delivery box from menu either, had to do /deliverybox lol but this a bit more of an issue than that.

Yes that is your issue, the UI for menu has changed to include the new thing so it will crash you.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-11 00:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Haruhigumi said: »
PS: Since I'm just thinking that the Eminence stuff appears to be solo oriented... what if the Latent effects on the weapon are only active when you're not in a party?
Just played with the Polearm on SAM. Latent is active while under 100 TP. Not sure if it's the same for all weapons, but it's probably safe to assume it is.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-12-11 00:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
»

I love when my wild guesses end up being 100% accurate :D
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-11 00:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just played with the Polearm on SAM. Latent is active while under 100 TP. Not sure if it's the same for all weapons, but it's probably safe to assume it is.

Hrm, interesting, cool at the same time though because you kind of want the extra damage at that point (though I would love to have the extra dmg, ratk and racc when I'm firing off a weapon skill too lol).

I'll have to do some testing in regards that since I got both the bow an crossbow (gun is next on my list cuz it's going to be cheaper to get than a 12 million gil Donderbuss with similar amount of damage/delay).
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2013-12-11 00:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

just got the pluton case from the vanquish 500 exp mobs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-11 00:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stunx said: »
just got the pluton case from the vanquish 500 exp mobs.

Yea I got both a Pluton case and Boulder Case from completing some of the quests for "first time". Seems there's a few bonuses when doing first time or when completing a time-limited quest. Also a LS mate got a beitese(sp?) case as well.

I also noticed that if you get any of those Copper Vouchers, 2 x = Pluton, Boulder, Beitese (where as 1x can be exchanged for some other currencies, such as plasm, imperial standing, cruor etc).
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-11 00:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hrm, interesting, cool at the same time though because you kind of want the extra damage at that point (though I would love to have the extra dmg, ratk and racc when I'm firing off a weapon skill too lol).

I'll have to do some testing in regards that since I got both the bow an crossbow (gun is next on my list cuz it's going to be cheaper to get than a 12 million gil Donderbuss with similar amount of damage/delay).
Safe to assume it's active during weapon skills also. It's probably the same deal with Perdu weapons, which included weapon skills in the latent. Something about technically weapon skills start at 0% TP or something like that
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
Server: Shiva
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2013-12-11 00:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder if this Emaint's going to give Dancer access to the Eminence Dagger or not. Every job gets one except DNC.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-11 00:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mlrlohki said: »
Wonder if this Emaint's going to give Dancer access to the Eminence Dagger or not. Every job gets one except DNC.

They probably have a few 'speshul' jobs set aside, like I was saying earlier, I didn't see any armor that really "fit" the Ranger job. The only one of the 117 armor that could worn appeared to be aimed at mages with the "Set: Refresh" bonus, as opposed to being set on one of the melee armor with a "Set: Critical Dmg + 10%". Yet they put Pup on both.

Course in a way though, far as RNG goes, they get 3 job-specific weapons that are decent, I mean the Eminent Crossbow alone makes one-eyed kind of meh (except for the fact that a Thief can use it).

Besides aren't some of the WKR and Delve Daggers pretty edged up against the one they have?

Who knows, maybe that's why they just did the "emergency" maintenance just now.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-12-11 02:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

To follow up on this, I can confirm this appears to be the case with the Eminent Crossbow. Consistently over 100% TP I was getting 567 with dark adaman bolts, and under 100% TP that was consistently 588. Also the critical damage was pretty consistent above and below (around 1286 above, above 1350 when under 100% TP).
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
Server: Shiva
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2013-12-11 03:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, did some looks at the Reforged +1 armor. And like the Reforge NQs, it all follows the same pattern.
Head: Maliyakaleya Orb + Chapter 6
Body: Hepatizon Ingot + Chapter 7
Hands: Beryllium Ingot + Chapter 8
Legs: Exalted Lumber + Chapter 9
Feet: Sif's Macrame + Chapter 10
I assume all of those are AA drops or maybe some very high level crafting items. As for the Class components:
WAR/BST: Behemoth Leather
MNK/THF/DNC: Platinum Silk Thread
RDM/SMN/SCH: Siren's Hair
WHM/BRD/BLU/GEO: Raxa
BLM/RNG/COR/PUP: Twill Damask
PLD/DRG: Orichalcum Ingot
SAM/NIN/RUN: Damascus Ingot
DRK: Durium Ingot
 Cerberus.Ganlere
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2013-12-11 08:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do you start eminence at and/or get quests? thanks
By fractalvoid 2013-12-11 08:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

open quest menu and can pick from there
 Asura.Darknaut
user: Darknaut
By Asura.Darknaut 2013-12-11 08:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

A new system called "Records of Eminence" has been introduced.
•Records of Eminence
Records of Eminence is a system developed by the Adventurers' Mutual Aid Network, whereby adventurers can complete a mountain of objectives by themselves while they wait for their friends to arrive.
•Partaking in the Glory
•Tutorial
Adventurers will need to complete the tutorial before undertaking any objectives. To complete the tutorial, go to the Quests section of the Main Menu, select "Tutorial" under the "Objective List," then undertake "First Step Forward" under the "Basics" section and, finally, talk with one of the following NPCs.

Once players finish the tutorial, they will unlock a plethora of new objectives upon which to endeavor.

Copy/Past of patch note.
[+]
By itchi508 2013-12-11 08:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darknaut said: »
A new system called "Records of Eminence" has been introduced.
•Records of Eminence
Records of Eminence is a system developed by the Adventurers' Mutual Aid Network, whereby adventurers can complete a mountain of objectives by themselves while they wait for their friends to arrive.
•Partaking in the Glory
•Tutorial
Adventurers will need to complete the tutorial before undertaking any objectives. To complete the tutorial, go to the Quests section of the Main Menu, select "Tutorial" under the "Objective List," then undertake "First Step Forward" under the "Basics" section and, finally, talk with one of the following NPCs.

Once players finish the tutorial, they will unlock a plethora of new objectives upon which to endeavor.

Copy/Past of patch note.
Assuming today JP midnight we will find out if it is once per Day or maybe Conquest Tally. If they are reset to pursue a new task, since they are labled as (for instance) "Total Dmg dealt I" i would guess we will rank up in tiers to "II" "III" etc. unlocking more challenging goals with greater rewards.