Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 73 74 75
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-04-29 15:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Not going to argue against Telchine being the best with Idris, but on a practical/realistical point of view there are things to consider other than pure meva.

1) Getting max augments, especially on 5 pieces, can be quite expensive and excruciating, and you might need to farm your own Snoworbs because there won't be enough on AH. Snow stones especially have a wide range of possible results and as such are often the worst type of stones to max out augs.

2) Telchine with capped meva has 5 more meva than Geo+3, but Geo+3 have +12 VIT, 23 more def, more hp/mp, +1 MDB, much higher INT, MND and CHR too

3) GEO+3 are quite nice for Enf set too, lots of macc, especially with set bonus

4) Last but not least, GEO+3 are surely expensive but it's a fixed amount of gil you can clearly calculate. Telchine augs could take less if you're lucky, but they could potentially require much more gil (and time) than GEO+3, according to your luck.

tl;dr
If you can, 5/5 Telchine is the best, but I don't get the "GEO+3 are ***" comments, because they look quite a nice option as well to me.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-04-29 15:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

thats exactly what everyone else said, don't see anyone saying geo mitaines+3 are ***.. closest is toralin asking what makes them so good
[+]
By sudsi 2017-04-29 15:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
They aren't any more waste of space than mitaines.

Assuming you only need the one pair. Which is generally untrue.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-04-29 16:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
thats exactly what everyone else said, don't see anyone saying geo mitaines+3 are ***.. closest is toralin asking what makes them so good
Yeah, was talking about his comment and about some related shouts on Asura that happened earlier ^^
By Bahadir 2017-05-18 08:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

New to being the Geo myself but want to make sure Im doing things right. So have some questions I was hoping to find answers for. Sorry if these have been answered through out the thread. Only checked the OP so far.

1) Pet DT-/Regen sets. Is it worth going for these and which1 should I prefer? My thoughts were: when Im standing with mages I could just focus on Refresh gear and recast if needed. If Im standing close to the mob I should prob get some DT gear.

2) What do you guys put on your Ambu capes? (pretty sure that has been dealt with. srry for bringing it up again) Or do you just use the other JSE cape for Geo?

3) As always, its situational, but is there any rule of thumb what I should use my Geo spell for and what should be the Indi/Entrust spells? I assume Def/MDB down has a greater effect than Att/MAB up (at least MDB) so prob put that as Geo spell?

4) What are "applicable spells" for Theurgic Focus? Does it stack with ES?

5) Do you have to equip the Indi Spell duration+ gear in mid-cast only or for the whole duration?

Thx in advance to any1 who takes the time to reply ~
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-18 08:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

1) These are mostly full-time sets. I don't have my GEO with the mages often, only in manaburn fights. If melee exist, I'm next to the mob, and sometimes even if there are no melee I'm next to the mob. For example for SMN zergs the geo is next to the mob for torpor/frailty. There are some situations I switch to PDT/MDT and recast as needed, but that's for my own survival. I only run out of MP if I'm heavily nuking, and because of the MB nerf my GEO mostly gets in the way of BLM's, so I don't nuke on it too often. I use telchine for hands/legs, but a non-Idris GEO can make use of the full set for pet DT and regen.

2) The bread and butter one is going to be HP (or INT), eva/meva and pet regen+10, because it's by far the biggest regen on a piece we can get. My other capes are MND/Cure pot and INT/MAB and then a DEX/DA one for meleeing.

3) Indi and Geo spells have the same potency, aside from the fact you can use Blaze of Glory and Ecliption Attrition to boost luopans, so generally malaise or frailty (depending on group strat) is used for the geo- version.

4) I just use this for -ra spells when AOEing.

5) Only when it's cast.
By Bahadir 2017-05-18 08:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx a lot!

->1) So even if you are close to the mob you use more pet DT rather than DT?

->3) The OP states that Indi spells are not affected by Dunna/Idris. So the base potency is the same but with these two Geo spells are stronger than Indi spell right? (+ Abilites affect only Geo)
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-18 09:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

1) For Telchine I put Magic evasion with the pet DT/regen, which gives me a solid amount of magic defense. I put DT in the other slots I can get, and I have an Idris so I can pet DT very easily. I have sets built more exclusively for my own survival if I'm in a fight that necessitates it, which is less than 5% of them, as I basically always idle in the pet regen set.

3) Entrusted spells are not effected by Dunna/Idris. Indi spells absolutely are.
By Bahadir 2017-05-18 09:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh good to know! Thx for that info. The OP is a bit misleading as the list of gear that enhances Indi spells does not include Idris and Dunna.
(which of course doesnt mean its nots an awesome guide anyways ^.^)
By Bahadir 2017-05-18 09:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe very stupid question, but did any1 ever try if you can use Reward as Geo/Bst?
And do Mulsums work?
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2017-05-18 09:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahadir said: »
Maybe very stupid question, but did any1 ever try if you can use Reward as Geo/Bst?
And do Mulsums work?
No
 Asura.Starfishsky
user: starfish
By Asura.Starfishsky 2017-05-18 18:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone done the calculation of how long you can get all Coalition legendary for idris? i have 1 legendary, and 1 half way, wondering how long do you think i need? 2 months for the rest? ( assuming i dont miss any tokens )
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-05-18 19:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

BGWiki said:
Imprimaturs
The only prerequisite to participating in Coalition Assignments is obtaining the Pioneer's Badge from the Pioneer Registration mission. Upon obtaining the badge, pioneers will be granted three Imprimaturs. Imprimaturs are items distributed by the government of Adoulin which allow adventurers to show their support for individual Coalitions. The frequency at which a pioneer can take part in Coalition Assignments is limited by the rate at which Imprimaturs are distributed. Imprimaturs are granted to all pioneers four times a day (every six hours), and can accumulate up to a maximum of 15, at which point any additional will be lost. Note that imprimaturs are expended upon signing up for assignments, so it is possible to have 15 imprimaturs stored plus multiple assignments in progress. However, if an assignment is cancelled, imprimaturs returned will be lost if they would take the stored total over 15.

The Task Delegator within each Coalition is responsible for assigning pioneers with the various assignments, while the Civil Registrar explains the various activities.

Bonus Key Items
Complete all assignments from Petitioner to Advisor rank for all Coalitions (Base provisions assignments for Couriers' Coalition is not necessary). Talk to Reja Ygridhi in the Celennia Memorial Library to get these Key Items.

Bronze mattock cordon: Increases the maximum number of imprimaturs that can be held at once from 15 to 16.
Complete a certain 15 Eastern Ulbuka quests and obtain an Ivory wing talisman, see the Reja Ygridhi page for more details.

Bronze shovel cordon: Reduces the waiting period for additional imprimaturs from 360 to 330 minutes.
Complete all assignments from Petitioner to Legend rank for all Coalitions (Base provisions assignments for Couriers' Coalition is not necessary). Talk to Reja Ygridhi in the Celennia Memorial Library to get these Key Items.

Silver mattock cordon: Increases the maximum number of imprimaturs that can be held at once from 16 to 18.
Complete an addition number of Adoulin City quests. May require both Adoulin city quests and coalition assignments.

Silver shovel cordon: Reduces the waiting period for additional imprimaturs from 330 to 300 minutes.

It wasn't fun in my opinion. I'm finishing my last now.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-05-18 21:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Starfishsky said: »
has anyone done the calculation of how long you can get all Coalition legendary for idris? i have 1 legendary, and 1 half way, wondering how long do you think i need? 2 months for the rest? ( assuming i dont miss any tokens )

If you don't get the KI to reduce the wait time to 330 mins after getting all coalitions to Advisor, it will take you 141.833 days. It's roughly 20.26 days to get each coalition to Legend and spend 1 Imprimatur on a Legend coalition assignment.

If you get all coalitions to Advisor first and get the Bronze Shovel Cordon, it save around ~4 days off that time (I didn't do the math, but it's a small-ish number). But since you've already done Legend in one, I assumed you were not taking that path.
 Asura.Starfishsky
user: starfish
By Asura.Starfishsky 2017-05-18 21:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

no i did only one legendary. if its only 4 days diff then it seems not worth it. so you say 20 days each to legendary? interesting. i took breaks doing them, so i kind of lost track of how long it takes, ty
[+]
By Luthiene 2017-05-27 19:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys,

Can someone tell me what ambu capes to make?

I was thinking:

- HP+80 / M.Eva +20 / Pet:Regen +10 (or should I do HP+60 / M.Eva +30 instead?) = Idle Pet DT set
- INT+30 / Macc/Mdmg +20 / MAB +10 = Nuking / Int Enfeeble set
- MND +30 / Macc/Mdmg +20 / Fast Cast = FC / MND Enfeebling set

Let me know what your sets are,

thanks!
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-05-27 22:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks good to me. I went with HP+60 Meva+30 on my Regen cape.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-27 22:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Geomancer can absolutely still reach Meva numbers to evade a ton of magic, so I'd favor that over 20hp by far.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-05-27 22:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Yeah, Geomancer can absolutely still reach Meva numbers to evade a ton of magic, so I'd favor that over 20hp by far.
Even if it wasn't I'll still say 10meva for GEO over 20 hp.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2017-06-21 16:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't 20VIT be better than 60HP?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-06-21 16:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zorik said: »
Wouldn't 20VIT be better than 60HP?

Depends on the content for sure. HP is an overall good stat which is why people default to it.
By Peeks 2017-07-13 03:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Both rounds of Aeonic clears I've done, I have gone /BLM for stun on Zerde. I had no issues landing stun, but on the first cycle I did miss the last stun due to recast - luckily it died seconds later.

Currently my stun set is pieced together from my other sets, but I am curious where I can improve. I tend to be uneasy about sacrificing M.acc for more haste/FC in my stun midcast, but that is why I am asking.

ItemSet 352327
Merlinic slots are just my typical nuking pieces - no extra FC, just M.acc.

This is my current set. I know a huge improvement will be an ambuscade cape.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-07-13 04:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just at a glance, AF+2/3 pants are a pretty good swap since they'll have both more macc and fc.
By kalt 2017-08-01 09:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a good updated enfeebling magic they could share?

I don't have any Omen boss drops but have access to almost everything else.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-08-01 09:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Offhand this should be B.i.S for raw m.acc. No main/sub listed because augs/idris etc etc. Also no crazy DM augs

Pemphero Tathlum
Merl Head (Needs almost perfect mnd/m.acc aug using taupe) > AF +3
Erra Pentant (Omen Boss Drop) > Sanctity Necklace >= Incantor's Torque(depends how you view it. I view it as 9 M.Acc, some think its more or less 7-10)
Regal Earring (Omen Boss Drop) > Dignitary's Earring > Barkarole (int) >=Gwati Earring
Merl Body (Needs almost perfect mnd/m.acc aug) > AF +3
AF +3
Stikini Ring +1 > Stikini NQ
Ambu back (MND and M.Acc augs)
Luminary Sash
Merl Legs (Needs almost perfect mnd /m.acc aug) > AF +3
AF +3

Anything that says MND aug would be Int for any that use that instead
By kalt 2017-08-01 10:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks going to see what i can toss together for tonight
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-08-01 18:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a Merlinic hood with +4 pet regen on it, I cant see any reason to keep my Azimuth hood+1 over it. Anyone have thoughts?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-03 03:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Got a Merlinic hood with +4 pet regen on it, I cant see any reason to keep my Azimuth hood+1 over it. Anyone have thoughts?
Better for regen of course, possibly worse for master's defensive stats.

Anwyay new patch hit, GEO got a new club for lolDDgeo.
Previously the best offhand club we could use were:

Nehushtan => lots of acc which also applies to mh, separate augs, but only 228 skill, high delay

Gada => Better delay than Nehu, 242 skill, less base acc than Nehu, single augs

Now we get these two:

Beryllium Mace
DMG:195 Delay:300
STR+7 MND:+7 Accuracy+27
Club skill +242
Parrying skill +242
Magic Accuracy skill +188
Weapon Skill Accuracy+15
Adds "Hexa Strike" effect

Beryllium Mace +1
DMG:196
Delay:291
STR+12 MND:+12
Accuracy+32
Club skill +242
Parrying skill +242
Magic Accuracy skill +188
Weapon Skill Accuracy+20
Adds "Hexa Strike" effect

Much better delay than Nehu, not as good as Gada.
More acc (arguably) than Gada, not more than Nehu with good augs but 242 skill.
It also has good mods (granted lower than what you can get on Nehu) and additional WSacc.
Sadly no trace of STP/MA or the various stuff you can get on Nehu and Gada.

Nobody knows exactely what Hexa Strike thing does, but supposedly it grants you access to said WS, which means bloody nothing for GEO since they already have the WS.

So overall good or bad for lolddGEO? I dunno. I guess the NQ could be considered good in that you can buy it off AH and won't have to spend gazilion of gil and time trying to augment a Nehu/Gada.
But if we're talking about potential performance I still think Nehu and Gada have more.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-08-03 03:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's lolDDGeo forever unless they make Idris work in offhand.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-03 03:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not like there's many noticeably better options =/
AG Idris MH is not even that bad for situations where you can set up AM3 before you engage or you have means to keep it up reasonably.

Of course being able to OH Idris and still get AM3 would be even better but we all know that will never happen :P

You prefer MH Tishtrya when you engage?
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 73 74 75