New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 73 74 75
By Tarlant 2016-05-17 11:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright so,I'm trying to fix some of the pitfalls in my sets, I believe I have solid equipment, but I could definitely improve some things, especially regarding Pet DT. Getting an Idris is no-go, since I'm locked behind the stupid Coalitions wall.

This is what I use to cast Geomancies.

This is my DT sets. Is it worth swapping AF2 hands (and losing the Loupan DT 11%) for Hagondes hands?

This is my PDT. As I said, it definitely feel the one I need to work the most.

I have access to all AF3+1 pieces, pretty much every piece is reforged sans some.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2016-05-17 12:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Point of curiosity.

What does amalric coif have that makes it better than Bagua +1 for drain aspir? It seems like 15 macc and +25 drain/aspir potency would win over. 26 macc and +15 dark skill.
 Carbuncle.Msoc
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Msoc 2016-05-18 20:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I would start with your belt by changing you belt Isa Belt is a nice option, and your neck you can easily farm and make an incantor's torque.
By Faelar 2016-05-23 17:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a items to build a Luopan -DT/Luopan Regen set. I looked over the sets in the OP and didn't see anything about a Luopan set. Only sets I saw for -DT were for the Geomancer.

I am currently in a group that only uses my GEO for the bubble buffs/debuffs, so anything to make my Luopan last/survive longer is helpful.

So far this is what I have.

ItemSet 343846

I am working on +1 versions of the Hood, Gloves, and Sandals. Solstice is Path D: Magic Accuracy+20, Pet: Damage Taken-4%, "Fast Cast"+5
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-05-23 17:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Telchine head, body, legs and feet with DT-4/Regen+3.
You can just spam nq stones until you get those.

Handler earring +1, reive cape with pet DT, af hands +1 and isa belt.

I get my own DT from genmei shield, genmei earring, loricate torque+1, defending ring, dark ring with pdt6 and dt3 on geo cape so I kinda don't have to worry about standing in range.

And remember to cast indi spells and entrusted spells with empyrean boots for the extra duration.
[+]
By Faelar 2016-05-23 17:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »

I get my own DT from genmei shield, genmei earring, loricate torque+1, defending ring, dark ring with pdt6 and dt3 on geo cape so I kinda don't have to worry about standing in range.

And remember to cast indi spells and entrusted spells with empyrean boots for the extra duration.

Extremely helpful, thank you very much! I have the Telchine Gloves and Pigashes already, so 2/5 down! So for the Telchine augments I would need Leaforb and Duskorb stones? Still learning the augment systems, so please pardon me if this is a dumb question xD
By Chimerawizard 2016-05-23 18:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's one example of a set.
Telchine augmented w/ (snowdim)m.eva+25 / (duskorb)pet:dt-4 / (leaforb)pet:regen+3
Nantosuelta's Cape aug'd w/ stat+20/p~m.eva+20/pet:regen+10

ItemSet 328309

m.eva+561
Pet: DT-38
Pet: Regen+26
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-23 18:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

^That's roughly what I would aim for as well. With DT-4% on all Telchine pieces that set will cap pet DT (only need 37.5% thanks to the luopan's base DT-50%); neck/ear/rings may vary depending on the fight at hand. Pet regen+26 is also incredibly helpful for prolonging your luopan's life in fights with lots of AoE damage, which is especially important when using Bolster or Blaze of Glory+Ecliptic Attrition.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-05-23 18:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I really need to jump on that ambuscade cape for pet regen but that event is so damn boring -_-.
Takes like 20mins to sit there at npc and aug one cape to max too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-05-23 18:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Faelar said: »
Lakshmi.Lenus said: »

Extremely helpful, thank you very much! I have the Telchine Gloves and Pigashes already, so 2/5 down! So for the Telchine augments I would need Leaforb and Duskorb stones? Still learning the augment systems, so please pardon me if this is a dumb question xD

Yeah I think those were the orb items. Its been a while since I augmented alluvon stuff. You can just checkout bgwiki for more info about it if anything
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-24 02:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Extremely helpful, thank you very much! I have the Telchine Gloves and Pigashes already,
You might want to avoid gloves, in theory it's better to use the Geomancy ones (119 version)

Also if you have AF2 feet (119) and AF3 head (119) you can use those and only augment body and legs.

Sucellus+Dunna+TelchineBody+AF1hands+Handlerear1+ear2+Isabelt+Telchinelegs = 37% actually 40% inside of Escha/reisen zones.
Even more technically 7% of that is PDT, not DT, so you'd be 7/4% (out/in escha zones) away from the MDT cap.

This is a cheap alternative/compromise to the set posted by chimerawizard, or you could see it as a starting point.
I mean you have to start somewhere, right? It's not like you can snap your fingers and magically find yourself with 4/5 Telchine items with perfect augments.
Arguably the regen ones are easy/cheap to get, but the DT ones require duskorb stones and they can be pretty expensive. Even if the range of augments is small, it's gonna take a good load of luck (and gil, and available duskorb stones) for you to obtain perf augments on all pieces.
[+]
 Cerberus.Lemuel
Server: Cerberus
user: tyalangan
By Cerberus.Lemuel 2016-05-24 10:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

New Geo here:

If I have a 'Geo-' spell active and will also be using an 'Indi-' bubble on top of the mob what -DT set should take precedence? My -DT, the -DT/regen for Luopan, or a less potent -DT set for us both?

I would think my -DT set would take priority since I can recast the Luopan but only if I'm alive! However, I am fresh to this job so I am not sure what you veterans do.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-24 10:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Different people will give you different answers, but my personal answer is "it depends".

Will the luopan survive long enough for a full DT set to make a difference? Or will full DT only make a few seconds of difference and you'll find yourself constantly recasting it regardless? And if so, would those few seconds be valuable or not?

Will using a DT set for the master make a noticeable difference between you dying or staying alive?

Typically if something hits so hard it can destroy your luopan so fast, it's gonna be dangerous for the master as well meaning in those situations you'd ideally want capped DT for both luopan and master, which isn't very realistic without an Idris.
In such situations you have to consider other factors as well though:
1) As long as you don't get oneshot, you can be easily cured, by either yourself or the PT's healer. Same can't be said for the luopan.
2) In many situations the luopan can become an easy sacrifice (or even Full Circle close to 1% to heal yourself). The Master can't be as easily sacrificed.
3) Dematerialize exist, used with Life Cycle it's quite a feat but long cooldowns
4) The luopan has innate 50% DT. The master does not and is capped at 50% max (Luopan can exceed that to a max of 87,5), but the Luopan has tipically less HP than the master.

Last but not least do not forget you can position yourself AND the luopan in very specific places. For some fights (Maju comes to mind) that's enough to avoid severe damage.

This probably doesn't perfectly answer your question, but in my opinion there is no final answer for all possible situations, you need to ask yourself those questions and decide on a case-by-case basis.
[+]
By Brynach 2016-05-24 11:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Not sure if it's entirely possible, but if you can cap pet DT (37,5 is necessary) without using the head, feet and back slots, that would allow you to ride on a lot of pet regen, which also stacks with the regen from vorseals and makes quite a lot of difference when using Ecliptic Attrition.

Those with an Idris can cap pet -dt with just Idris, Dunna and Geo hands +1. This opens up, like you said, tons of room for pet: regen. Just from my testing, a set with 17 pet: regen will allow the luopan to cap at 10 mins with about 14-15% hp left. This doesn't include any outside dmg taken by the luopan.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-24 11:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You're always going to use Isa Belt, so if you're looking at a pet-focused set with Idris it makes sense to include that as part of your baseline. That puts you at 33% before hands, which means a significant amount of their pet DT is wasted. One piece of Telchine would put you just shy of cap while contributing some pet regen. Best option for the remaining slots is probably Merlinic? BGwiki currently doesn't list pet regen values for that set. If you really want that last 0.5% then AF+1 and 4/5 Merlinic would (barely) win over 2/5 Telchine 3/5 Merlinic if you can get 5 regen.

edit: After spending about 100 stones without once seeing it, I'm starting to question if you can actually get pet regen on Merlinic outside of dark matter augs. Might be that you end up using Telchine anyway.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-24 11:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

And let's not forget that in vorseals zones your luopan gets 3% more dt.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-05-24 11:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

@byrnach
In my opinion Idris, if anything, opens up for capped master+pet dt setups.
If you want to focus on pet regen then Sucellus is a better option, as explained by the ongoing discussion in the last few pages.
Just my humble opinion of course.
By Brynach 2016-05-24 13:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
@byrnach
In my opinion Idris, if anything, opens up for capped master+pet dt setups.
If you want to focus on pet regen then Sucellus is a better option, as explained by the ongoing discussion in the last few pages.
Just my humble opinion of course.

True, it is an option, but 17 regen outside of escha w/o succellus and maxed pet -dt is still significant. Additionally, this allows me to add in a fair amount of master -dt and refesh. This is just personal preference for me really. Ill never be the one to say my way is the best way.
I haven't really focused much on adding in telchine for regen, but I did make some legs with pet regen, pet -dt and pet eva/mageva. just for that extra bit of regen if it's needed.
[+]
By TinyAttorney 2016-05-26 07:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking for advice on soloing JP. I have a semi-weird schedule which makes it tough to commit to a shout group so those are a no-go for me most days. I currently have AF1 and AF2 +1'd, and I still need Vagary clears for my AF3. I do have Dunna, capped and merited skills, and all spells.

So, what's the best place to farm, and what's the best non-August trust setup (not enough SR to see him drop yet)? Given that setup, which spells will yield the best results?

Thanks,
-TA
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-06-08 03:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The azimuth set need to be on for precast for the proc or for in midcast
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-06-08 03:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course Midcast Cicion :)
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-06-08 04:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ty galkas
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-06-08 06:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget the Selenian Cap!... as long as you are outside of AoE range... That cap opens up many options to fill the other slots for pet/master DT.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-06-08 06:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure I can second that or what I would suggest anyone to still bother with Selenian Cap in 2016 honestly.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-06-08 07:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a good place to start for a new GEO. (lord knows I used the hell out of it before A!Yorcia happened.)

But now there's better options.
Like, I find the 6~7DT less of Telchine a good trade off for -2 more perp.
And that's not even accounting for Idris.
But for people who are just starting/returning, Selenian is a large boost to them.
By Faelar 2016-06-08 08:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a items to build a Luopan -DT/Luopan Regen set.

So far this is what I have.

ItemSet 343846

Got a bit of progress done. Telchine Braconi has perfect augments - Pet: Regen +3 and Pet: Damage Taken -4%.
Ambuscade Cape has Pet: Regen +10.

ItemSet 344160

Haven't been able to get the last Delve clear I need for the Isa Belt, but that's the next thing on the list. After that I think I'll go with the Telchine Chasuble, augment it, and call it a day for this set.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-08 08:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you still on Bismark?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-20 03:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember reading some talk about manual placement of GEO bubbles not working with gearswap, but I tried it out for the first time today and found you can. Not sure if the initial claims were false or if it was somehow recently changed to be able to do so. Haven't seen any talk about this, so thought I'd share. Hit random toggles to show GS is loaded.
If I'm misremembering something making this information pointless then my bad.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-06-20 05:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It got fixed a couple of months ago by Byrth/Arcon.
You just have to use the menu to call the bubble and then move it with ctrl+arrows (or was it alt+arrows?)

P.S.
did the Spoiler tag broke up again? Or is it my browser? I remember Rooks fixing it some months ago but it's not working anymore for me atm
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-20 09:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

CTRL, yes. And I guess I missed the announcement of it being fixed, then. At least other people that also missed the fix can see it now I guess!
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 73 74 75