Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 73 74 75
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-04-22 13:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hagondes Cuffs +1 without an augment are already 20 magic accuracy, if you can get those with magic accuracy they become a monster of a magic accuracy piece, but it can become pricey.

You can change the acumen ring to sangoma or weatherspoon ring if you have it. Pending your augments on the staff, Marin +1 may be a nice increase as well, base stats alone Macc+15 and INT+10~15 over your current. You could use Benthos grip if you have it laying around, i would likely just use zuux if i didn't have elders +1.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-04-22 13:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hagondes Cuffs just seem like a really tough tradeoff to make, if I remember right I have a pretty decent Macc on them (25 or so, I'm not at home to check currently) but my Helios Gloves have a 17 Macc/Matk aug split making it so that Hagondes are, after INT, something like a 22 Macc increase for a 37 Matk loss.

Marin Staff would likely be a much better trade off as it's a loss of 20~ Matk for non Wind Nukes but a gain of 10~ INT and 15 Macc. I think I will try out this swap.

I wish I had Benthos, right now I'm holding out for a Elder+1 to pop on the AH honestly.
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-04-22 13:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The hands could be like a last ditch effort for magic accuracy if you continue having problems. Anyway i hardly do anything with melees anymore so i can't relate much to being stuck without proper mage buffs. Not sure what other options i can give you right now.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-04-22 13:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't imagine between Marin+1 and 119 Empyrean body it will continue to be an issue, there's probably something seriously wrong if it does.
[+]
By defu 2015-04-25 11:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the Helios/Hagondes sets only basically used for nuke-sets? Trying to figure out if I should augment my Helios or how necessary they are on GEO. Where does the Empy set fit in to all this? Doesn't look like the guide reflects any of the newer gear yet.

Also, very bored as I am skilling up on this lair reive. Save me please.
By swordwiz 2015-04-25 12:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I use the helios set for nuking have it auged with macc+matt magic crit hit rit and magic burst dmg . Int is also a good aug to get on instead of magic burst damage if you so choose as for the empy set i use the Head +1 and feet +1 in my indi spell set ( head for geo skill feet for indicolure duration) aswell as the head in the Geo spell casting set . Hands are a good piece for macc the rest of the set is usless imo as for the spaming revies my advice is spam skillup books but if not thats prob the best way to do it
[+]
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-04-27 11:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiv said: »
Asura.Failaras said: »
Now that nuking seems to be a more utilized strategy for content these days, what Macc swaps are people using in their Vagary/Delve2/High level mob sets? I'm finding my resist rate to just be too high for my liking and most of the time I'm not allowed to use Focus for myself. Many of the main page swaps seem to be huge INT/Matk losses like Refraction Cape and Artsieq Body. Helios Head with a split Macc/Matk aug seems to be pretty awesome for this kind of set.
I don't think i would gear around the original post in this thread, i don't have GEO but a lot of the sets were wrong when they were not outdated, now there even worse and they get much worse every time the game is updated.

As far as vagary, you can try to get a 2nd GEO in the nuking party, thats what my group generally does, so we can languor/focus, and more.

As i said i don't have GEO, i have SCH and BLM though and i generally don't need magic accuracy sets unless were kiting when we dont bring a PLD or were missing a GEO. In those situations my mid magic accuracy nuking sets look like this though:

ItemSet 334877
Obviously can't use the staff and cape on GEO.
Helios Band: MAB+24 Occult+10 Burst+10%
Hands: Magic Accuracy +24
Legs: MAB+30
Boots: INT+9 MAB+22 Occult+10

The only pieces changed from my normal set were hands, head, body, neck.

If you need even more, you can go MAB/Macc combo on helios pieces, i would shy away from dropping INT for direct magic accuracy because if your resist rate is that bad theirs a chance that the mob is just really high level, and dINT would be 1:1 magic accuracy at that rate potentially, so something like shiva +1 would be 9 macc as well as damage. Also GEO empy 119 body looks like a great macc nuking piece as well.

I was looking at this set and thought to myself to make a comparison chart between hagondes hands/legs, helios hands/legs, helios hands/hagondes legs and helios hands /telchine legs with max augments.

StatsHagondes Hands/LegsHelios Hands/LegsHelios Hands/Hagondes LegsHelios Hands/Telchine Legs
Int49695969
Macc47402040
Mab55508565
MD100100
OccA0201020
Mcrit016816
By defu 2015-04-27 21:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Swear I saw this in the thread somewhere but can't seem to find it now.

What's the priority on reforging AF/Relic? Which pieces aren't worth bothering?
By Chimerawizard 2015-04-28 06:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

AF1 119: Body, Hands, Legs.

AF2 119: Head, Body, Hands, Legs.
Some pieces are small increases, decide for yourself if the piece is worth it.

AF3 109: Head, Body, Feet.

AF3 119: Head, Legs, Feet.
If you want a heavy m.acc focus nuke body, then that too. Enfeebling a lot, consider the hands.

AF1 109: full set required to start the AF2 quest.
AF2 109: not sure, but isn't that full set needed to start AF3 as well?

If it wasn't mentioned then it isn't needed, bolded directly effect geomancy spells.
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2015-04-28 08:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You just need to complete the quest for making AF2 (Crystallized lifestream essence KI) to flag the AF3 quest with Slyvie.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-04-28 09:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

RF2 hands + RF1 feet = refresh+1 AND 12% movement speed.
+statvomit for those who care.
Which is better than Serpentes set for idling (without a luopan obviously).
So don't forget about their usefulness.
 Bahamut.Lordesequiel
Server: Bahamut
user: Esequiel
By Bahamut.Lordesequiel 2015-05-02 10:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys, returning player trying to remember how to play Geo..... Do i need to keep the - luopan DT equipment on for it to work?
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-05-02 10:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lordesequiel said: »
Hi guys, returning player trying to remember how to play Geo..... Do i need to keep the - luopan DT equipment on for it to work?

wb, and yes. The only thing you can midcast with Geomancy and have it effect the Luopan is +Geomancy, +Geomancy skill, and +Bell skill. Pet Regen and -DT needs to be kept equipped to have an effect.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-02 11:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone who's been told to "level her GEO or else" is the easiest way to cap skill spamming bubbles in a reive?
By Chimerawizard 2015-05-02 11:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

fastest would be to use skillup books by far. recast of Geo- spells is really just the full circle recast, 10s. so sadly something that targets an enemy in an adoulin area is probably the 2nd fastest. reives are nice since they don't move or attack you; if you stay outside agro range of the adds.

Took voidstorm I think 4 full ionis' using B.E.W. as well as temachtiani body/hands. He's still like 3 & 4 away from cap but whatever.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2015-05-02 11:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah personally I farmed sparks and bought books
 Bahamut.Lordesequiel
By Bahamut.Lordesequiel 2015-05-03 10:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys, what sort of spells are geo casting now in end game content? Haste, Refresh, Fury?
 Leviathan.Hyriu
Server: Leviathan
user: Hyriu
By Leviathan.Hyriu 2015-05-03 11:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends what you do, in a mage heavy setup you'll use Languor, Focus, Malaise a lot.
 Bahamut.Lordesequiel
By Bahamut.Lordesequiel 2015-05-03 11:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, trying to set up some macros and get back into it. If anyone could give me an idea of what JA are used alot and spells that would be great. Working as GEO/RDM and this is a nightmare lol
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-05-03 11:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

For skillups, you can cast a cheap geo-buff on a trust in an outdoor area for more or less the same rate as casting on a mob(just make sure you use an ilevel weapon to get a 119 trust).
By fillerbunny9 2015-05-03 11:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

for the first couple hundred skill, you can also just cast Indi spells on yourself. your skill up rate isn't terrible thanks to the Ionis buff to skill up rate. you could also get the whatever-they-call-it-boon from Monster Rearing from a Red Leafed Treant to GEO Skill Gain.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-05-03 11:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

casting on yourself(or another player) has a significantly lower skillup rate than casting on NPCs or monsters
By fillerbunny9 2015-05-03 11:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

but when you are starting out, it is not likely to be slower than spamming on a reive every ten seconds since you can get off multiple casts in that period of time. Reives/Enemies are going to be better once you have some skill invested and books are great for the last ~100 because that is slow as ***.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-05-03 11:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not do both? Cast geo on a reive/mob, cast ~3 indi, full circle, geo, repeat.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-05-03 11:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys, what sort of spells are geo casting now in end game content? Haste, Refresh, Fury?
Things where you throw melees at it for damage (Delve/HTBC/Incursion):
Fury+Frailty.

Vagary:
Usually double geos (1 per pt), so mix of Focus/Languor/Malaise
I usually geo for the PLD/SAM/THF/WHM so I do this:

*Haste+Precision for the samurai when they need to skillchain spam on elementals.

*Barrier+Attunement as defensive buffer on multi elemental pulls, also help sleep things. If things are going well and things arent running free or beating up your whm, rotate out attunement for refresh if needed. Attunement is mainly for Brygen pulls since they don't sleep and we never bring a bard.

*Bosses: Use a fresh bubble and radial arcana it on you+whm or sometimes on the paladin instead depending how the boss fights go.
Make sure your malaise bubble is healed up or you have a fresh one down before sch self skillchains and kicks off the resulting magicburst fest.

Get in the habit of always having indi-refresh up when you don't need indi for other things, also for roaming content this is an important habit to establish.
 Bahamut.Lordesequiel
By Bahamut.Lordesequiel 2015-05-03 15:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Things where you throw melees at it for damage (Delve/HTBC/Incursion):
Fury+Frailty.

Vagary:
Usually double geos (1 per pt), so mix of Focus/Languor/Malaise
I usually geo for the PLD/SAM/THF/WHM so I do this:

*Haste+Precision for the samurai when they need to skillchain spam on elementals.

*Barrier+Attunement as defensive buffer on multi elemental pulls, also help sleep things. If things are going well and things arent running free or beating up your whm, rotate out attunement for refresh if needed. Attunement is mainly for Brygen pulls since they don't sleep and we never bring a bard.

*Bosses: Use a fresh bubble and radial arcana it on you+whm or sometimes on the paladin instead depending how the boss fights go.
Make sure your malaise bubble is healed up or you have a fresh one down before sch self skillchains and kicks off the resulting magicburst fest.

Get in the habit of always having indi-refresh up when you don't need indi for other things, also for roaming content this is an important habit to establish.

Thanks for that, i will bear it in mind.
By Gruknor 2015-05-04 11:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes you will find that you are not the only geo in the party. Either the party leader will tell you which geo and indi each geo will be using, or you and any other geo can talk about it in /tell.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-06 19:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

For the purpose of making nukes do more damage, is Malaise "stronger" than Acumen?
What does it depend on?
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-05-06 19:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Malaise is pretty much always stronger than Acumen. +65 MAB is only +65% of your base damage, while -50 MDB on targets without any form of +MDB or -MDT is essentially +100% damage. Base Malaise with Idris is -44 but with any JA use you'll hit the cap of -50, and between -DT sets and JAs it's not that difficult to maintain on most content.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 73 74 75