Elder Scrolls Online
First Page 2 3 4
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-11-20 10:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else get a early access beta code that went out today? Starts this Friday from 22nd to 24th. I hope its more enjoyable than FFXIV 14. While the game is great it feels like I do everything I did in ffxi. And boring if all I do is fire, ice thunder, repeat.
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-11-20 10:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The codes didnt go out yet. I know for a fact because i never got my email. :( /cry

My friend got his last night actually. Im sure he will let me know all the details lol.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-11-20 10:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ivaan said: »
The codes didnt go out yet. I know for a fact because i never got my email. :( /cry

Yes they did got mine two hours ago

My friend got his last night actually. Im sure he will let me know all the details lol.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-11-20 10:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
Anyone else get a early access beta code that went out today? Starts this Friday from 22nd to 24th. I hope its more enjoyable than FFXIV 14. While the game is great it feels like I do everything I did in ffxi. And boring if all I do is fire, ice thunder, repeat.

Out of curiosity, which platform did you sign up for?
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-11-20 10:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pc
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-11-20 10:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I have to work most this weekend though. 7am to 5pm sat 8 to 5 sun. So kinda sad
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-11-20 10:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Level other jobs then? BLM really isn't that boring...

Also does the NDA we sign at sign up even allow us to talk about it? lol
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-11-20 10:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »

No idea if I can but I cant play to 22. So talking means little. I did enjoy crafting a lot. But I missed jibs like sch blu drk sam. So ffxi update pulled me back. And now elder scrolls.

I mean how many times do I have to fight avatars. But hey many people liked it not me though.
 Odin.Hirokei
Server: Odin
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-11-20 10:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried ESO a few months ago during some stress tests and I didn't find it too enjoyable. I've never bothered to play any of the other ES games so I have nothing to compare it to, but it seemed pretty bland and unoriginal. I'm sure it's possible they've changed things since then, but I doubt too drastically.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-20 10:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hirokei said: »
I tried ESO a few months ago during some stress tests and I didn't find it too enjoyable. I've never bothered to play any of the other ES games so I have nothing to compare it to, but it seemed pretty bland and unoriginal. I'm sure it's possible they've changed things since then, but I doubt too drastically.

I loved oblivion and skyrim, never played any of the previous ES titles, though. After the way SE has dealt with stuff, I'd be curious to try out a different MMO.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-11-20 12:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV is wayyy different from XI lol, XI feel like easier version of EQ and XIV feel like simplified version of WoW.

If you find XIV "feels like everything you do in XI", you'd probably find TESO feels like everything you do in XI too, it's just another themepark MMO!

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »

Or wait until 2.2+ like what I'm planning to :D

It's not going to be same gameplay experience as single player TES because it's a theme park MMO after all. There are limitations. But the class/skill/combat system seems to be something I'd like(can have "your build") and I love elder scrolls art style, planning to play it when it's out. It's better to view it as another MMO with TES art style, but not a real TES game. You'd be disappointed if you compare TESO with single player titles.

Odin.Jassik said: »

I loved oblivion and skyrim, never played any of the previous ES titles, though. After the way SE has dealt with stuff, I'd be curious to try out a different MMO.

TES3 is certainly worth playing, but out of 10 players, probably 8 people would find it extremely boring lol. I'm the minority that found TES3 one of the best single player RPG experience I ever have.

After the way SE dealt with ARR, I'd be curious to play any MMO with big world to explore and room to play with different class play style ._. I wish TESO class/skill system isn't very shallow and world is big enough.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-11-20 12:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be honest... If the argonians look as awful as some of the pictures I've seen of them, I might not even play... >_>
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-11-20 12:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

well i'd be your 2 out of 10 then afania...
 Lakshmi.Yocuz
Server: Lakshmi
user: Irwlz
By Lakshmi.Yocuz 2013-11-20 20:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I got in the beta from 22 to 24th ... Worst time ever I don't even know if I will get a chance to get on it ; ;
By sumo 2013-11-20 21:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my beta key today. Currently downloading the launcher.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2013-11-21 01:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone got a extra code ?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-11-21 02:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

someone pm me fraps of the beta LOL

/jelly
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
By sumo 2014-01-08 22:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

New beta is starting Friday at 6pm EST and lasting until Sunday 11:59pm EST. Anyone going to participate?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-01-08 22:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably, just to see if they've changed anything. Doubt it tho. This thing is gonna end up just like XIV 1.0
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-02-08 08:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Played beta this week, haven't play previous beta. IMO it's a fairly enjoyable game and I had fun, but certain aspect of the game(can't tell which cuz of NDA) is worse than what I was expecting from an AAA title with sub. I can understand why some ppl is disappointed with it. I think the main issue is the game isn't F2P, so players expect much higher quality from a game like this.

I think it's going to have a niche player base, like SWTOR/ARR. I'm planning to pre-order imperial edition soon. Everything I've seen so far is just my cup of tea, so I can tolerate the flaws, even though some of the flaws are fairly bad. I hope it isn't an instant gratification RPG like skyrim and nearly every RPG/MMORPG titles I've played in past 3 years.

I haven't get a chance to touch PVP, which is the main selling point. But it's also a pretty niche selling point IMO.
 Asura.Tymoris
Server: Asura
user: Tymoris
By Asura.Tymoris 2014-02-08 09:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Question Afania since you played the beta, do they use a decent quest hub system to level up or it will be as boring as ff14 with limited quests and all?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-02-08 10:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tymoris said: »
Question Afania since you played the beta, do they use a decent quest hub system to level up or it will be as boring as ff14 with limited quests and all?

I haven't reach max lv, so I can't tell whether there are enough quests all the way up or not. (Even if I can tell, can't really reveal it cuz of NDA :p) It's fundamentally not very different from other MMO on the market, and no zomg awesome shiny new feature, but certain presentation feels "nicer" than avg generic MMO because it has a little bit of TES style in it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sanriku
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku 2014-02-08 10:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I played for a few hours last night, and I'll be on for a bit today as well. From what I've seen so far, it feels like playing Oblivion/Skyrim just with other people running around. Its like Fable 3, when you turn on the option to see everyone else playing, and they are just there really.

Don't get me wrong, its been enjoyable so far, I just haven't gotten that "MMO" feel from it yet. Its just another RPG with quests for exp and people to talk to. I'll see how I feel after playing for a bit today.
 Siren.Piccollo
Server: Siren
By Siren.Piccollo 2014-02-08 10:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it just me or is coming from a MMO background of FFXI and looking at the animations and graphical style of ESO im utterly disappointed and feel that even if the game is brilliant ill still not enjoy it because of this.

on the + side ill likely just play lots of darksouls 1/2 ^^ o.r ffiv if it was on xbox one
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-02-08 10:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Piccollo said: »
Is it just me or is coming from a MMO background of FFXI and looking at the animations and graphical style of ESO im utterly disappointed and feel that even if the game is brilliant ill still not enjoy it because of this.

on the + side ill likely just play lots of darksouls 1/2 ^^ o.r ffiv if it was on xbox one

I found Korean/Japanese AAA MMO such as TERA/FFXIV tend to have more "detail" and feel more streamlined in such aspect, most of the western MMO are worse than TERA/FFXIV in terms of animation and graphic.

But TESO's overall graphic quality feels worse than skyrim, with less detail, which is kinda disappointing tbh. It is still better than Asian low budget titles.
 Siren.Piccollo
Server: Siren
By Siren.Piccollo 2014-02-08 11:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

makes me think when i look at a game with a massive budget and the skimp on graphics especially in favor of strange character animations ect that the game will just be a poor reflection of what fans of elder scrolls and fans of mmo will be looking for.

honestly elder scrolls on paper should be an amazing mmo but i think we all know it wont be.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-02-08 12:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything that's come out recently is lacking on strategy and mystery and heavy on hack and slash. Is it too much to ask for a game with a little finesse?
[+]
 Odin.Hirokei
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2014-02-08 13:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Everything that's come out recently is lacking on strategy and mystery and heavy on hack and slash. Is it too much to ask for a game with a little finesse?
Just go play some online chess, Jass. :P
VIP
By Kalila 2014-02-08 14:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, from what I've seen, it will be a typical generic 15 dollars a month game like the rest of them, tugging at your strings every so often to keep you coming back for more, or one of the better free to play games available if they decide to drop the 15 dollars a month subscription.

Even if they do that, locking a complete race out keeping it only for players who drop extra money to buy the collectors edition, and having all preorders be able to choose any faction they wish to be in without restrictions is kinda lame. It's unbalanced, but in the end it probably won't even matter, you just will be able to pick a race you wish to be and be able to start at the same factions your friends are at as well.

Overall I haven't been impressed with what I've seen, but it is only beta out atm, but the enemy AI is severely lacking, there is no challenge to the game. It is a generic title that tried to keep it's budget low so that they could cash in on the name, just like Square was trying to do when they were in trouble.

For those that don't know, it looks like a pre-alpha Skyrim with low quality textures and lots of lag glitches. There isn't anything to do in between quests and all your quests involve is you running across the world to meet this one npc to complete it, and repeat the process over again. There aren't any grand battles like there should be, there isn't anything unique, that I've seen, that this MMO brings to the table.

Hardcore elderscrolls fans will obviously play it, but I just see it as a generic MMO that will release updates every few weeks to give some "content" to the players so they don't leave.
[+]
 Phoenix.Trede
Server: Phoenix
user: sdcalikid
By Phoenix.Trede 2014-02-08 14:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it is lame that you cant play an Imperial unless you spend extra money. Get over it. other games do it too..

As for the low quality textures, you are a moron. the Low settings is better than the High on skyrim. Lag issues, it the BETA what do you expect, a perfect running game in beta?

Also if you think its generic then you on something...
First Page 2 3 4