New "old NM" Repop Timers?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » new "old NM" repop timers?
new "old NM" repop timers?
First Page 2
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Tot 2013-11-07 15:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

logged in today after a maint. headed down to simurgh camp to kill trial NM for sword, killed one PH and nm poped and simurgh was up too so i killed them both, came back an hour later killed one PH NM poped, killed it and simurgh was up again so i killed him twice in ~2 hours.

is all the timed NM's timers new now? or has been? ... still drops 20k+ gil alone soooo inc Emaint.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-11-07 15:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

They did say they were going to change NM time spawns but never really specified what. I'll go check out Roc/Simurgh/KA/Serket/Lumber Jack/etc and see. You got me curious now.
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2013-11-07 15:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm very happy they changed the respawn time of these NMs. There were a few nights were I came close to quitting this game ; ;
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-11-07 15:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if they changed NM spawn timers like Ixion/Sandworm too. Hm, time to go check this out. I know Tiamat/Jormy/Vrtra has not been affected.
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2013-11-07 17:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

killed my NM at 2:08, then killed simurgh right after didn't get ToD cause i don't care to camp it the next day. my next NM killed at 3:11 and saw simurgh up again and thought Oh? so i took ToD 3:17 an hour later my NM doesn't pop but there was a rdm there now, so camping my NM i ran into the RDM(i think maybe a mule? poorly geared)had it claimed at 99% at 4:23 watched the rdm kill it down to 40%-ish(17 minutes later)and a perle bst came with a slug to help out, their damage stopped around 25% then they wiped to rage and i let it go back to 100% and killed at 5:53 finished my NM ~30 minutes later and left.

So looks like 60 minute repop and still has rage, don't know when when maint ended but i got there around 2:00 and it wasn't up
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-11-07 18:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you think KA/all others are like this?
 Valefor.Primal
Server: Valefor
user: Primal623
By Valefor.Primal 2013-11-13 12:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The update only affected NMs in "original" zones; Made it so that adjusted NMs' windows reopened immediately after death. NMs in Zilart zones and later were not adjusted. Not sure if old "HNM" NMs in original zones were adjusted too.
By siskotaru 2013-11-20 04:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently working on empy dagger.

I had Nocuous Weapon poped 3 times in a row with only 1 ph in-between.

Black tripple stars haven't poped in 4 consecutive nights.

So maybe I just got realy unlucky or not all NMs are affected by the update.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-12-18 13:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've run into several of the Brown/Purple belt NM's the past 2 days. Some of which I've never even seen before and I've played since USA PC launch (never was one to camp a 24hr repop). Guessing they're on the list of changed timers as well.
By cervelo84 2013-12-18 13:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyne know if argus has changed?
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-12-18 14:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Did all trial NM's for empyrean's get affected or just a few?
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fallfromgrace 2013-12-18 14:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Argus/LK seemed like an hourly pop last week when I was there.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-12-18 14:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rafaras said: »
Did all trial NM's for empyrean's get affected or just a few?

just a few, the ones in original and zilart zones seem to have been changed. The ones in CoP and WoTG zones seem unaffected, but are pretty consistent... except for that bunny in Fort K. F' that NM.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-19 12:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they not nerf KA repop time? been here 2hr and nothin
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2013-12-19 12:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Argus/Leech King now seems to be a 1-2 hour pop.

One of my LS members was down there camping it and was timing the respawns of the NMs. Nearly all respawned just past the 1 hour mark, but there was one respawn that occurred nearly at the 2 hour mark.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-22 14:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Has Bloodsucker been changed? Or Lumberjack? Or Bloodtear?
By Pantafernando 2014-01-22 15:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

I normally exp in bostanieux, sometimes spend 2 or 3 hours there, and just once saw him him. Supose he didnt have the respawn timer changed.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-22 15:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »

I normally exp in bostanieux, sometimes spend 2 or 3 hours there, and just once saw him him. Supose he didnt have the respawn timer changed.

Yes I was there for a few hours yesterday and didn't see it. 72 hour respawn :(
By dragomair 2014-01-29 22:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed morlboger (However you spell that) Twice in an hour. >.>
 Asura.Slugman
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2014-01-29 22:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i have yet to see serket, morbolger was up right before emerg. maint. which i found odd, so was roc. simurgh can be over 2hr at least.
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
Server: Ragnarok
user: Antz
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-02-07 02:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Argus was definitely changed to a 1-2hr it seems, camped it yday and saw 2 Argus and 1 LK pop within the time frame. Also seems that Deadly Dodo was changed too.

Anyone else know what others have been changed in that update?
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-02-07 03:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not only Roc, Serket, Morlbolger, Simurgh, Argus have lower repop.
They must've also increased drop rate on their r/ex drops. I killed Sim 3x and on all 3x it dropped boots, something you wouldn't see very often in the past. Roc dropped Dryad staff, Serket dropped everything except for the dagger and Argus dropped PCA... It seems like a bit too much to be just random luck.

Also the NMs in Delkfutt tower and others popd pretty quickly when I randomly went after them.

I've been looking for LK on Bostaineaux(?) for a day now and haven't seen him though...

Also KA doesn't seem to have been updated, my guess because it drops valuable items still (D Cloth).
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-02-07 03:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah not sure what logic they have behind it atm, I'd guess old NMs to get gear, but then it seems that KA and the 2 NMs in Castle O haven't changed. It does seem drop rate was increased, I went 2/2 on PCA last night. Pretty nice considering there is no gear in the game to level with atm, lol.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-02-07 03:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

KA drops D Cloth and I don't see SE killing a market for an item that's so heavily needed now. NMs in Castle O weren't changed because they aren't in the RoE Quest imo. (I was hoping I could finally get my long overdue OKotes, at least for my lolmule, but oh well)
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-02-07 03:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yeah good point, forgot KA drops D Cloth.. Yeah some kotes would be nice tbh! Idk It's pretty weird how they've done it, cause Deadly Dodo isn't an RoE quest either but he is definitely changed. Weird, still would have been nice for them to tell us what they changed tho sadly, so many NMs in the old areas.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-02-07 03:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodo drops the Brown Belt item, just like Morlbolger and the ram. They probably decided to ease the pain of new MNKs in getting their belts.

My guess is they generally lowered the repop conditions on all of the painfully time sinking NMs that no longer have "relevant" drops.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-02-08 01:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, concerning LK, has anyone else been trying to get that clear for RoE? I've been in Bostaunieux Oubliette for the past 2 days hoping its repop timer had been shortened but I have yet to see him.

With one of the zone's best and quickest FoV training regimes involving leeches, there is always a good deal of people killing stuff either in party or solo with trust NPCs, so it's hard to keep track of Map3.

Edit: Nvm, I scrolled back up and have a sad now :(
 Asura.Slugman
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2014-02-15 16:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

FWIW i dont think they changed biast, but shadow dragon seems to be every 10min now.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-02-15 17:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
Dodo drops the Brown Belt item, just like Morlbolger and the ram. They probably decided to ease the pain of new MNKs in getting their belts.

My guess is they generally lowered the repop conditions on all of the painfully time sinking NMs that no longer have "relevant" drops.

Nue drops brown belt item, not ram. ram is purple belt
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-02-15 17:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Also found out the other day that East and West Shadows are both on a 1-2hr timer now, shockingly high drop rate too went 4/6 on kills.
First Page 2