Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » 75 style play
75 style play
By crotchbuffet 2013-11-03 22:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I am planning to come back to FFXI; however, I don't really want to get into the newer content. I have played up until Seekers of Adoulin, and I honestly don't like it. I would like to get a group together to level from 1-75 then do the original end-game content together. If anyone is interested, please reply to this post or pm me!
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-11-03 22:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

crotchbuffet said: »
I would like to get a group together to . If anyone is interested, please reply to this post or pm me!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-11-03 23:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Old school content is where it's at. TOAU my favorite expansion =D. I'd take ya up on this if were on Lak :( So many memories dam.
By crotchbuffet 2013-11-03 23:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I can switch servers, depending on interest. I have a lvl 20 whm on Sylph, so that's why I was going to start there. I'm open to anything!
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-11-03 23:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Nostalgia goggles...best of luck though.
[+]
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-11-04 05:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't flame bait, it was the truth. Tell me, exactly what exactly did he contribute?

It's not nostalgia goggles. The play style before was more rewarding psychologically. Variable ratio reward schedules create a habit that's much more resistant to extinction than a fixed ratio reward system used by crap like Delve. In a sense, rewarding players less makes players play more.

Good luck OP, if I had more time I'd join you. I hope you find a little group to work with.
[+]
 Fenrir.Boomslang
Server: Fenrir
user: neoyukio
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-11-04 11:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Because the 1-75 grind was so damn fun.. >.>;
Nostalgia Goggles.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-11-04 11:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said: »
It wasn't flame bait, it was the truth. Tell me, exactly what exactly did he contribute?

It's not nostalgia goggles. The play style before was more rewarding psychologically. Variable ratio reward schedules create a habit that's much more resistant to extinction than a fixed ratio reward system used by crap like Delve. In a sense, rewarding players less makes players play more.

Good luck OP, if I had more time I'd join you. I hope you find a little group to work with.
Well said
By crotchbuffet 2013-11-04 19:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Call it what you want, but I found the older style of play much more entertaining. Even the level grinding, because it brought players closer due to the fact that without one another, a goblin would *** their face all over VD. Currently, I have 4-5 interested players (obviously not enough for end-game content yet), and I'm sure several real life friends would join up.
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2013-11-04 19:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

omg im on sylph.

omg i can lvl blu

or pld omg
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2013-11-04 20:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just about all facets of 75 content could be completed with 8-12 players (not characters). Sadly some of the more entertaining content was changed to accommodate higher level players (I.e. dynamis) rather than make a separate higher level section (I.e.limbus\einherjar) . The idea sounds fantastic. I only wish I had the time to join . Keep us posted I enjoy living vicariously .