Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Salvage v2 Alex Farming
Salvage v2 Alex Farming
 Sylph.Saviour
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Saviour 2013-10-11 15:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys,

Can tri box and going to start putting a dent in my alex count. Looking for the easiest zone to tri box for the most alex. Jobs are BRD RDM(can be WHM) and a fully geared THF.

Any help would be appreciated.
By leva 2013-10-11 16:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Easiest/fastest is to just zoom up AR2 and kill Khim+HQ, but it's best to d/c one char and just duo it for easier unlocks. Apparently Dvegr NQ has a higher drop rate than other NQ bosses but it's not worth the extra time and difficulty IMO.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-10-11 16:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I do SSR2, you can skip everything and kill boss in about 20 minutes.

First floor, skip the first room with 1 rampart and kill the second room with the two ramparts going back and forth. THF and RDM(or WHM) can kill them while the BRD heads to portal.

Skip second floor, can pop Flee here.

Third floor, pop 2 sets of rampart/gears, kill them and go up.

Fourth floor, make sure BRD has ranged unlocked. Sneak/Mazurka your way through to the NQ boss. Takes about 2 minutes to kill with marchx2.

Boss floor, kill it until it's dead.

WHM/SCH is ideal, remember to sacrafice off Cackle since it can still kill you. If you do save a tag and do two runs every other day, you can finish both runs in under an hour.

You can kill the normal NMs too, but the drop rate on pouches isn't too great.
[+]
 Sylph.Saviour
By Sylph.Saviour 2013-10-14 12:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Dverger run in SSR2, worked perfectly, thanks Ihina. Had enough time to kill multiple NMs, and the boss with about 20 mins to spare.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-10-14 13:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

AR2 I average about 130-140 per run with MNK THF WHM BRD. BR2 is good as well, but theres not as much alex yield as AR2. Don't bother with ZR2. I'll have to check out SSR2 though.
By minikomby 2013-10-29 20:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

AR2 is good, drop rate on cottons is really bad and low, linen on kimi is terrible (NQ ONE) i went 1/15 on last runs, i was counting, you get a lot of alex off gears and ramps, usually 4 ramps pop 8 gears each and they drop alex 100% so 32 alex + the rest you can get off chariots and regular gears.

here a question i know old AR has the worst drop rate on cells and items, you guys think they just do AR2 based on AR1 system and crappy drop rates carry about AR2?

and guys based on your experience which boss has the best drop rate for linen? a guy said dvergel i'd like to read ppl opinions
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-10-29 20:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

minikomby said: »
and guys based on your experience which boss has the best drop rate for linen? a guy said dvergel i'd like to read ppl opinions
They're all pretty much the same.
[+]
By minikomby 2013-10-29 20:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

when ppl
Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »

hey man when ppl do thsoe test and post on site etc etc, they doing it how? TH gears on? what TH is on 7-8-9 etc? so those drop are based w/ o w/o TH?
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-10-29 21:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

when ppl
Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »

hey man when ppl do thsoe test and post on site etc etc, they doing it how? TH gears on? what TH is on 7-8-9 etc? so those drop are based w/ o w/o TH?
That data is gathered automatically when players who are using the Guildwork plugin kill stuff. If you click on a specific mob on that page, you can see the TH data that was discoverable at the time the data was submitted. Hovering your mouse over a given percentage will show the statistical significance and samples for that result. I'm pretty sure the average values are also weighted based on their significane.

The main take-away is that most of that data has at least TH2 and TH values beyond TH2/3 aren't going to change the results in a way that would alter the answer to your original question.
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2013-11-10 15:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i just started duoing AR2 on thf and whm. I am averaging 70-90 on alex including linen from HQ khim. NQ khim gives me nothing but gear so far 0/5 on linen. Havent gotten any cotten from other NMs aswell. I might try SSR2 to see if my yield increases.