Please stop auto-demaning P&R threads
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-10-11 15:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This is getting ridiculous.

I posted a thread in P&R that has nothing to do with American politics, nor has it attracted a single flame. (Probably because it has nothing to do with American politics.)

Yet it was demained from day one.

Admittedly some of those threads aren't suitable for insane asylums, let alone polite company, but wait till they degenerate at least.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-10-11 15:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats been their way of moderation. Pretty sad.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2013-10-11 17:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2013-10-11 17:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

De-main this. NOW!
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-10-11 17:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You probably would've been better off PMing one of us or Scragg. This thead will most likely (see above) incite flaming, which is why we demain P&R threads on sight. This isn't a politics site, Politics & Religion is just one section of the forums that is something of a catch-all for political banter, which many users would rather not see on their gaming site. Those who go into P&R do so willingly and have very little to complain about in doing so.

I'm sorry your thread was demained, it wasn't personal, but as the P&R description says "Any kind, anywhere." foreign or domestic politics, all P&R threads will be treated the same.
By Ciri Zireael 2013-10-11 17:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be probably good to hear an official statement from an admin then, and probably remove it from the site if you don't want anything from the subsection to appear.
[+]
By Ciri Zireael 2013-10-11 17:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Also demaining a thread because it might get flamed is like arresting someone who might be thinking bad thoughts.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2013-10-11 17:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking bad thoughts. About you, Serj.
[+]
By fonewear 2013-10-11 17:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I like where this is going please continue.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2013-10-11 17:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd +1 an auto-demain function Scragg puts for the Politics and Religion threads instead of mods having to do it when they notice that they're there. I mean, if they're going to get de-mained anyway, just go ahead and take them off the front page instead of this extra work.
By Sieha1 2013-10-11 17:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Having your thread de-mained is kind of annoying when you rely on seeing the recent topics on the front page to see activity.

I had my thread, which was a simple suggestion thread, de-mained. Oh well the mods do they what they have to. There is a limited number of mods and cant keep track of all the fires so its reasonable to use preventative measures.

A better question is what is the reason that you are upset about the thread being de-mained?
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2013-10-11 17:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-10-11 17:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm locking this to keep the flaming down, when Scragg wants to respond to it, he can unlock it and do so.
Administrator
By Scragg 2013-10-14 09:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing is auto-demained, not trying to sound smart or anything, I'm just trying to clear any confusion. I don't think I've laid out reasons why to demain a thread to the mods. Maybe I said something in the past about it, it's been awhile.

I generally demain a thread if it remains an active topic for some period of time in which most users have moved on from the subject except a select few. Or if someone is just consistently bumping a topic just to get a on the latest list. So there is my very un-scientific approach to using that function. There were probably other scenarios but follow that as a baseline, I still make mistakes.

Shoot a PM to a mod if you think your thread was unmained by mistake. We will likely treat it as a mistake and main the thread and will discuss internally to refine our methods. I remember unmaining Ni and got an earful ( I actually unmained everything in Undead). So in conclusion, PM a mod if it happens, we can quickly work it out and maybe give a red/green bump. No point in causing a stir over something like this. Ideally I would like to have a user customize their own topic feed.
[+]