Delve Bosses (can I Have It)?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » delve bosses (can I have it)?
delve bosses (can I have it)?
 Carbuncle.Shammy
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Shamann
By Carbuncle.Shammy 2013-10-01 10:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I just came back to the game a couple months ago after an almost 2 year break. Trying to get caught up on newer content. I have done skirmishes and all but the ceizac wildskeeper rieves but am having no luck with fractures. I got sick of getting turned down for every boss run because I "only" have skirmish +1 weapon on my sam. I am levelling COR at the moment (currently 83) and working on Empy weapon for that hoping it will get me into some runs. If anyone doing a run and could use a sam (or soon a cor) please let me know here or in game. Thanks all.
By Brynach 2013-10-01 12:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Id like to be able to say get familiar with delve content and what's required by doing delve farm runs, but those dont happen much (if any at all) any more. But better than empy weapon (because of time) I would suggest the surefire from delve nms.
It would also behoove you to really read up on what a COR does in delve so that you dont come COR and not know what will be required of you. This includes gear needed, typical rolls used, and skilling marksmanship because you will be doing many things. If you dont have mage subs then I would suggest that as well.
Also after a 2 year break it is very tough to jump back into the hardest content unprepared. Given time and a lot of patience you can get in, but you wont go very many times unless you prepare yourself and know what you are getting into.
Good Luck on delve wins!
 Carbuncle.Shammy
By Carbuncle.Shammy 2013-10-01 12:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I do have mage subs and have been doing the reading on what cor does in delve. I have also been skilling marksmanship for the past week so that is almost capped for my level. I have actually done some successful delve farming runs with players like Khris and Zerg. I have been playing since 2004 and understand the ins and outs of the game. I just dont understand the logic behind needing a delve boss weapon to go kill delve bosses lol. Sure I get that you need the DD power from them... but having one person without it shouldnt hurt the run to the extent of a failure (which is the excuse I am often given). I guess what I am asking is if there is a group out there that can spare a space for someone who will contribute to the success of the run. Linkshells are just about gone. When I came back, there was no one in any of the 3 shells I belonged to.
By Brynach 2013-10-01 13:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I didnt mean it to seem like I question your ability. Simply know that for the most part if you are sam and dont have the gkt from Uptala you can hang that up.
And (maybe not you) but a lot of the Cor base has been shuttled into a brd-like support role capacity. This simply isnt good enough.
Zerg's run are a great place to get experience on nms.
I am like you in that I absolutely hate the excuse that you need boss weapons to beat the boss, but it is what it is.
You contact me when your cor is 99, geared and marks is capped and ill see what I can do.
 Leviathan.Klue
Server: Leviathan
user: klue
By Leviathan.Klue 2013-10-01 14:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

transfer to leviathan and we'll get you the wins free. We've had quite a few server transfers so far. You won't need some delve dd job... we can beat all three bosses with less than a full alliance without breaking a sweat
By Tickmeoff 2013-10-01 16:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shammy said: »
and working on Empy weapon for that hoping it will get me into some runs.

This is a complete waste of your time and you should stop immediately. COR is never invited to contribute damage at all, you exist to do your rolls and then help with haste/erase/-na etc. until you run out of MP.

Even if you do have time to shoot, the empy gun is trash until the supposed REM update. Get a Surefire Arquebus and never look back.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-10-01 16:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

COR can actually do very respectable damage, especially on bee zone.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-10-01 17:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

From my understanding, Arma/WF performs badly in delve. However, I've seen cors do 7-10% of a parse with a surefire and last stand.

That being said, it's pretty rare that I see cors DD or see them expected to dd. Usually, they're asked to /whm and are expected to help out with support.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2013-10-01 18:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
COR can actually do very respectable damage, especially on bee zone.

Like that picture of the guy who did like 40k+ damage on the bee, god that picture is insane....
By Sieha1 2013-10-01 18:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It kinda sucks you have to get into a ls for wins, at least on siren. Most pugs will have lots of issues and not win. Decent for plasma farm still if nothing else is going on.
 Carbuncle.Shammy
By Carbuncle.Shammy 2013-10-02 08:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate the input, everyone. It seems I will have to continue to lvl cor and get it right to get into any of these. I really do appreciate the info from everyone who posted here and contacted me in game. I will stay on the cor path and finish it to accomplish my goals. Its just strange that groups can sell wins and other groups can go with members 2 boxing but no one can spare a slot to help someone else out. Guess those days are gone. Or maybe most people who got things done already forgot that someone else had to help them out for them to get wins. Either way... old school is best. Work hard, level a job and learn the job then hope someone recognizes you can play. Thanks again for the input! Happy hunting everyone!