New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Screen shot segregation
Screen shot segregation
First Page 2
By Sieha1 2013-09-29 22:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so there seem to be a clear split between the people of this site.

Ones who post or want to see ffxiv screenshots in the images section. and ones that do not.

It should be possible to only show each games screenshots based on which site you are on, in fact I remember this used to be the case. I have looked a little over the forums but I did not see the reason for this continued annoyance.

With that said I havent seen much in way of technical changes to the site for a while now either. Such as some items not being listed in ah pricing or updates to the achievement section to include new weapons.

So I posted this in the suggestion forum because my suggestion is to separate the screenshots and images by using the sites system or by the populous just holding off on posting these screenshots of achievements that took.... 2? maybe 3 months to get.

anyways thats my thought. agree or disagree there is no shortage of people who are annoyed by seeing ffxiv screenshots on a website called ffxi. Just like we shouldnt be posting WoW or guild wars images here either.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-29 23:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sieha1 said: »
people enjoying ff14 makes me sad because i want to pretend it's dying and everyone will return to 11
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2013-09-29 23:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ones who post or want to see ffxiv screenshots in the images section. and ones that do not.
No no no, it's a three way split between those who can do math and those who can't.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-29 23:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm... There is a separation. Go over to FFXIVpro real quick and look at the screenshots, it's pretty damn apparent. It isn't the site's fault that people upload on the wrong site. But I don't really have a problem with seeing them.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Davorin
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-09-30 00:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-09-30 00:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll get right on posting the seven millionth 6,000dmg <insert WS here> to <insert monster here> screenshot.

Least the XIV screenshots add some variety. So who cares?
[+]
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2013-09-30 00:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Njord
Server: Asura
By Asura.Njord 2013-09-30 00:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Serj 2013-09-30 00:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Serj 2013-09-30 00:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2013-09-30 00:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Osaia
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2013-09-30 01:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be possible to only show each games screenshots based on which site you are on, in fact I remember this used to be the case. I have looked a little over the forums but I did not see the reason for this continued annoyance.

With that said I havent seen much in way of technical changes to the site for a while now either. Such as some items not being listed in ah pricing or updates to the achievement section to include new weapons.

So I posted this in the suggestion forum because my suggestion is to separate the screenshots and images by using the sites system or by the populous just holding off on posting these screenshots of achievements that took.... 2? maybe 3 months to get.

anyways thats my thought. agree or disagree there is no shortage of people who are annoyed by seeing ffxiv screenshots on a website called ffxi. Just like we shouldnt be posting WoW or guild wars images here either.

I shall dissect this piece by piece.
1. FFXIV screenshots only bother you...IF YOU LOOK AT THEM! GASP! The human brain is a AMAZING thing. It allows 'choice'. You can pick and choose what you see. Those thumbnails are there for a reason y'know.
2. Annoyance? See #1. FFXIV screenshots annoy you how? To me they're just prettier pics of FFXI. While you at it, ask the mods/site builders to remove those FFXIV/FFXI gil buying ads. They burn my retinas. OH, OH, OH!! And all the asian/black/white/latino/anything other than the race I am posters have their own site too!
3. How in the heck do you rate what an accomplishment is for another person? Takes me exactly 365 days to get to my next birthday, and I celebrate every one of em. Achievement+1, yes pls.

Thread title alone shoulda said it all, you must be from the "South". Segregation, lol. Trying to get shot using that word in this day and time.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-09-30 01:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
people enjoying ff14 makes me sad because i want to pretend it's dying and everyone will return to 11

Bitter much? lol
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-30 02:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what I'd be bitter over. Every post I see by him is complaining about the 14 players. If you still like XI, that's fine. Why harass everyone who likes 14..? Isn't that the same problem you had with the 14 crowd?
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-09-30 02:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I for one am sick and damned tired of being held back from my pictures of random chocobos from random people on random servers just because some inconsiderate jerk that plays ffxiv wants to post a picture of a random lalafell wearing random gear standing in a random place. And don't even get me started on how hard it is to find pictures of strangers standing next to their new level 75 relics!

I don't see why we should stop at a dichotomy of ffxi vs ffxiv, either. We need a system where people can identify the contents of their screenshots by specifying exactly what's in it. Then, the user can use that to sort exactly what screenshots they see.

Make it happen, people!
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-09-30 02:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the screenshots from both games are unremarkable. This fact doesn't bother me personally, but that's probably because I don't have specific expectations of an image feed that might as well be titled "Hey! Look what all these people you don't even know are doing!"

It's also true that many of the people who play(ed) XI are now playing XIV, so there's at least something to be said for having more things in one place for the convenience of this rather substantial demographic. Posting those screenshots is clearly making someone happy, and that can only help with the site traffic and ad revenue that keep things running around here even for people like me who still only play XI hahahah
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-09-30 13:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I'm not sure what I'd be bitter over. Every post I see by him is complaining about the 14 players. If you still like XI, that's fine. Why harass everyone who likes 14..? Isn't that the same problem you had with the 14 crowd?

I don't read his posts so I might have missed that. I was just commenting on the fact that ever since you decided you dislike FFXI, you seem to be doing the same thing the XIV crew is.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-30 13:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Umm... There is a separation. Go over to FFXIVpro real quick and look at the screenshots, it's pretty damn apparent. It isn't the site's fault that people upload on the wrong site. But I don't really have a problem with seeing them.
For the most part this is correct. XIVPro has no XI screenshots, XIAH has XIV screenshots because more people use XIAH, where a screenshot goes depends on which site is uploaded, as long as they aren't against the rules in some way they are approved.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-10-01 02:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why people feel so bothered with XIV screenshots, I like to look at them just like I enjoy looking at XI ones that aren't about unimpressive damage.
I find Sieha's comments to said screenshots much more bothersome tbh, so should I make a suggestion thread to segregate Sieha?
[+]
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2013-10-01 11:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

While I'm not bothered by ff14 screenshots here, I do feel the ffxivpro is a bit underused. Maybe it's time to separate the sites more (like removing the ff14 forums from ffxiah and the ffxi forums from ffxivpro)? Still allow people to log into both with the same account but allow ffxivpro to expand.
By Sieha1 2013-10-01 18:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow I even got Natenn in here.

Anyways first off, what are all you ffxiv people doing in a suggestion thread for ffxiah. Shouldnt you be buying a new graphics card.

I am not the only person that has an issue with this. The others are just being bullied into not speaking up. I actually welcome your attacks on my opinion. I have a right to it and I have a right to make suggestions.

This issue is more of the fact that the development of this site and the ffxivpro site is kind of stagnant and instead of fixing the problem of no real bucket for you people to put your screenshots in, they just ignore it and hope that it all goes ok.

Well its not ok, its chaos. Maybe we should have a thread for ffxiv pics like we do for facebook pics.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-10-01 18:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways first off, what are all you ffxiv people doing in a suggestion thread for ffxiah. Shouldnt you be buying a new graphics card.

I am not the only person that has an issue with this. The others are just being bullied into not speaking up. I actually welcome your attacks on my opinion. I have a right to it and I have a right to make suggestions.

This issue is more of the fact that the development of this site and the ffxivpro site is kind of stagnant and instead of fixing the problem of no real bucket for you people to put your screenshots in, they just ignore it and hope that it all goes ok.

Well its not ok, its chaos. Maybe we should have a thread for ffxiv pics like we do for facebook pics.

What do you mean?
[+]
By Sieha1 2013-10-01 18:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

What do you mean?

Then are people just dumb and dont upload them to the right site?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-10-02 03:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The others are just being bullied into not speaking up
Lol, you are a joke.
[+]
 Bismarck.Davorin
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-10-03 03:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Guise, idk what I'm talking about.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-10-03 05:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you mean?

Not many think to, others don't know of FFXIVPro or that the screenshot section is up and running, others don't have their XIV character linked, and still others may not understand how the screenshot systems work. While the forums and site accounts link, many things do not. Lastly are the people who are known best by their FFXI names and want their screenshots to be seen, so they upload to the more populated side of the site. That is the reason there is a screenshot section, for user's screenshots to be seen. If you don't like them then I'd suggest not looking at them.
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2013-10-03 07:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I brought this up in a thread in ancient times, when people were uploading screenshots from other MMOs.

I was asking why people felt they had the right to rage over other game screenshots but not do the same for "lol" pics and other random ***posted right next to them, selectively saying "This isn't FFXI, why post it?"

If the Mods really wanted FFXIAH screenshots to purely be FFXI related, then that's all you would see. I believe it was Jaerik that once said the FFXIAH community has become more than just FFXI over the years, so there's no reason to restrict it to that.
By Quiznor 2013-10-03 07:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you mean?

It's taken you 3 years to figure that out?
First Page 2