Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Classes » Pugilist » Monk Damage
Monk Damage
By volkom 2013-09-26 09:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So for the longest time I always feel like I'm doing insignificant damage when I'm playing monk while in a dungeon or whatever. I'm currently trying to get a relic and full DL gear and lancer to 34 for 'blood for blood'. My friend started using a parser the other day. I'm not that far behind from my dragoon friend however I get disappointed when I can't hit anything above 500dmg yet.

Then a friend linked me this video and now I want to accomplish my current goals so I can shove my fists into my dragoon friend's face

YouTube Video Placeholder

in case you wanted to know the rotation they did
[+]
 Leviathan.Anbu
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Anbu 2013-09-26 10:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

GL on getting this on a boss lol. I wonder what dragoon parses on a dummy target. I was averaging 200+ on garuda Hard.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2013-09-26 10:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Smn is where the DPS is at I parsed top on a failed titan run at 206, next person down did 157(drg), with me not noticing my garuda had glitched out of the battle area and with ifrits book. Pretty sure I can do 300+ now i have my relic my highest spiked fester ive had so far is 1243(crit and raging strikes) and every none crit/raging striked fester doing 650-700 and 800-850 with raging strikes.
[+]
 Odin.Hirokei
Server: Odin
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-09-26 11:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This s roughly the rotation I've been doing, with the exception of Fracture(Haven't bothered with Mrd yet), and I use perfect balance differently.(Dragon Kick>Twin Snakes>Demolish>Dragon Kick>Internal Release/Blood for Blood>Twin Snakes>Snap Punch>Perfect Balance>Snap Punch-until Perfect Balance wears off, then back to normal rotation). I don't use a parse so I can't really give an input on damage, but seems to work well for me.

As for the 'not hitting anything above 500', you will be hitting over that with full DL and relic weapon. Currently using full DL and relic +1 with one allagan piece myself and critical Snap Punches will hit for 700~750.
[+]
 Odin.Hirokei
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-10-05 12:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Started using a parser and tried to replicate 300+ DPS. So far I've only gotten 270, but the parser seemed to lower my DPS when using DoTs, which isn't right.(Highest I got while using them was 251)

Probably won't be able to break 300 DPS until I have more myth/allagan pieces. The person in the video has a decent amount more Crit/Det/Skill Speed than I do, so it makes sense, but I didn't realize how good the crafted gear was. lol

On a side note, a snake in BC Turn 5 was taking 1500 damage from snap punches, that was fun.
By volkom 2013-10-05 12:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard the crafted gear is inferior to DL gear unless you have the right materia in it to make it worthwhile. But that just seems like a huge waste of money when you can complete DL and go for allagan/relic gear.
 Odin.Hirokei
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-10-05 13:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the way I look at it is there's nothing to spend gil on atm, and if you at least have the crafts up to make it, I'd say it's worth doing. Which is why I'm skipping it. lol
By volkom 2013-10-05 15:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

one of our tanks is doing that, and because of it, he's getting like 0 tanking experience at all in the higher up content. and he just totally sucks.
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2013-10-07 16:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
I heard the crafted gear is inferior to DL gear unless you have the right materia in it to make it worthwhile. But that just seems like a huge waste of money when you can complete DL and go for allagan/relic gear.

HQ crafted gear has identical DEF and base stats to darklight, with sometimes comparable and sometimes not secondary stats. Of course you can add materia to the crafted gear making it a bit better than darklight, but it's time consuming and very expensive (especially getting as much materia on your gear as in that video), with rather too little reward unless the gil is burning a hole in your pocket. I only say the reward is little because if you can get a bunch of expensive HQ crafted items loaded up with materia you can probably get mythology tomes for better gear. I guess it's something to do while you sit at your weekly mythology tome cap.
[+]
 Cerberus.Keeo
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Keeo 2013-10-08 01:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What parser are you guys using?