Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-09 12:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:
The Inquisitor cannot have chest hair
This seems oddly specific. Plot point? Edit: nevermind. This is totally because of Varric.
I was actually watching a good chunk of the Q&A as it unfolded, and yeah I can confirm it was only a reference to lolVarric, who's chest hair has this kind of cult following. About 2/3 of the questions were stupid things like that, but that's what happens on open mic night.

Awww, that's okay. That's part of what makes these games so popular with people. Different aspects appealing to different people, and some of the details are great. It just took me a second to make the connection regarding our good man Varric's sternum bush.

I mean, I can't pass an evangelical billboard without stating to everyone in the car in a stentorian voice (whether they're "in" on Dragon Age or not): "A learned child is a blessing unto his parents and unto the maker!" or "What hath man's sin wrought?"

Or, you know. The ladies have Varric's chest hair. I've got Isabela's...everything, really. She's a wonderful pirate lass.

Edit: Which, on that note, she and Leliana better both make appearances (I know Lel has a big role) and still attatched to my respective Warden and Hawke. I take my Bioware romances seriously, dammit.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-09 14:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Or, you know. The ladies have Varric's chest hair. I've got Isabela's...everything, really. She's a wonderful pirate lass.

Edit: Which, on that note, she and Leliana better both make appearances (I know Lel has a big role) and still attatched to my respective Warden and Hawke. I take my Bioware romances seriously, dammit.

Between Varric and Cullen, there won't be a dry pair of nerdgirl panties in the Western Hemisphere come October. If Alistair was thrown into the mix, I think the combined discharge of fluids would raise global sea levels by at least a centimeter. Fortunately for the salinity level of the ocean, it seems Bioware is taking the conservative route and keeping former DA romance characters off-limits in regards to a round 2.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-09 17:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, yeah. But like I said; that's probably a good thing overall if you're carrying over saves.

My wife is all about Alistair and Fenris.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-11 08:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Part 2 of the E3 demo has been released. Reposting P1 for convenience. (Cause going back pages is tough)

YouTube Video Placeholder
Story Spoiler Warning. Classified as Severe to Snape Kills Dumbledore.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-11 08:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't watch video at work but that still of (Lel?) shooting is annoying me. She's going to seriously injure her finger on the fletching if she doesn't adjust it pronto.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-22 15:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragon Age: Inquisition Delayed until November 18, 2014

Mark Darrah, Executive Producer of the Dragon Age Series said:

From Mark Darrah, Executive Producer of Dragon Age: Inquisition

I’m writing to let you know that Dragon Age: Inquisition has a new release date of November 18, 2014 in North America (November 21st in EU). We appreciate the enormous support we’ve received from all of you to get to this point, and while this extra few weeks may not seem like a lot, I know the game you’ll play will be all the better for it.

Since we began working on Dragon Age: Inquisition almost four years ago, our goal was to create the best Dragon Age experience ever. It was that goal that motivated many of our decisions: moving to Frostbite, bringing race choice and customization back, improving tactical camera, building a team of characters whose relationships evolve based on your actions, and most importantly, crafting an epic, nation-spanning story that both draws upon past games and takes you to many new places in the realm of Thedas.

I’m privileged to be a part of a team that has been working very hard to surpass every measure they’ve set for themselves. That has meant completing huge amounts of game content, fixing bugs both big and small, and improving the overall experience. This last bit of time is about polishing the experience we want you to see. Ensuring that our open spaces are as engaging as possible. Strengthening the emotional impact of the Hero's choices. And ensuring the experience you get is the best it can be in the platform you choose to play on.

Thank you again for your patience and support!

Mark

My time budget for Destiny just doubled.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-22 16:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not good for sales, anything that comes out after COD (and gta5) is seriously hurting their profits. Even tho COD is really down, it still going to outsell everything.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-22 16:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
That's not good for sales, anything that comes out after COD (and gta5) is seriously hurting their profits.

There's actually no evidence that this is true. Even more so when the games in question aren't parallel experiences.

Leaked from Russia, debatable if it's legitimate or not, as many of the Achievement lists Icons are recycled from Dragon Age 2.

Personally I believe there will be a Multiplayer element of Dragon Age: Inquisition, Frostbite 3 is at its core, an MP engine.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-29 14:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Video of Glorious Battle:
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-29 14:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
That's not good for sales, anything that comes out after COD (and gta5) is seriously hurting their profits.

There's actually no evidence that this is true. Even more so when the games in question aren't parallel experiences.

Leaked from Russia, debatable if it's legitimate or not, as many of the Achievement lists Icons are recycled from Dragon Age 2.

Personally I believe there will be a Multiplayer element of Dragon Age: Inquisition, Frostbite 3 is at its core, an MP engine.

I'd say "Maker I hope not", but I actually ended up enjoying ME3's coop multiplayer modes, so maybe it will be cool after all.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-29 14:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually really optimistic about the potential of a Dragon Age Multiplayer. I imagine it'd be an MMO type raid experience with all the Jeuno AFK time stripped away. Frostbite 3 is a Multiplayer Engine that does huge maps with 64 players... So the model of Co-Op I imagine BioWare is leaning towards closely resembles Delve or Expeditionary forces in FFXI. Relatively Large areas where your biggest enemy is time and resource management. Gamble all your time/supplies on the Mega Boss, or Farm little *** for a more consistent but lesser payoff?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-29 14:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually really optimistic about the potential of a Dragon Age Multiplayer. I imagine it'd be an MMO type raid experience with all the Jeuno AFK time stripped away. Frostbite 3 is a Multiplayer Engine that does huge maps with 64 players... So the model of Co-Op I imagine BioWare is leaning towards closely resembles Delve or Expeditionary forces in FFXI. Relatively Large areas where your biggest enemy is time and resource management. Gamble all your time/supplies on the Mega Boss, or Farm little *** for a more consistent but lesser payoff?

As long as it's coop and not adolescent bigger-***-contest PvP garbage, I'm interested.
By fonewear 2014-07-29 14:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn that battle game play looks great.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-29 15:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Damn that battle game play looks great.

Baldur's Gate flashbacks all day long watching the combat video for me.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-13 03:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-08-13 03:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So psyched for that game
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-13 03:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll post the Gamescom footage (Actual gameplay) if it ever gets leaked or uploaded. You can probably head to EA's livestream right now and go back to about 1HR40MIN to see it though.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2014-08-13 04:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Also is that FemHawke at 1:35 as the mage?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-13 04:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, that's Female Hawke. I'm assuming they deliberately chose to have Female Hawke to show that when Hawke (And presumably the Warden) appear in Dragon Age: Inquisition, they aren't limited to the "Canon" appearance.

Default Hawke was a Male Mage though, and default Warden was a Female Dalish Elf. I should probably point out that the assumed ("IE No Import from Dragon Age Keep) uses the Canon data established by BioWare, which includes that Dalish Female Elf, but since the ending was "Ultimate Sacrifice" I don't see much issue there.

Confirmation from Mike Laidlaw himself that Hawke and/or Warden will have appearance customization.

and

Official Confirmation that it is Hawke but the other character is not the Hero of Ferelden. (Player character from Origins)

Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-13 16:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Last minute or so of the video is missing, but this is the only video that shows the crafting-Character Creator, so It's more important.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-15 23:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Most Important: Shows the wartable interface, the method in which the player commands the Inquisition as a whole. Very Assassin's Creed Brotherhood/Blackflag it seems.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-26 15:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Multiplayer officially confirmed. Co-Op only.

[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-27 17:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2014-10-01 11:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Character creator trailer

Just when I was getting decent at making characters that don't look like *** they throw that grid curve ball in >.>
By Ramyrez 2014-10-01 12:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Character creator trailer

Just when I was getting decent at making characters that don't look like *** they throw that grid curve ball in >.>

Dragon Age and Skyrim taught me how to use makeup.

I'm still not sure how I feel about that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-10 17:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Recommended PC Specs

CPU: AMD six-core CPU @ 3.2 GHz / Intel quad-core CPU @3.0 GHz
System RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 or R9 270 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Graphics Card Memory: 3 GB
Hard Drive Space 26 GB
DirectX 11
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-10-10 18:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty low for recommended specs, although 3GB for VRAM is interesting for such low end hardware.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-10 19:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an AMD Radeon R9270 and I'm not sure if I feel good about that or not at this point. Kind makes me worried about any games going forward about if it's "reccomended" specs now, where's it going to be in six months.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-10-10 19:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

just means playing at somewhat lower settings. Honestly, VRAM seems to be the biggest limiting factor. Recently games have been requiring 3-4GB of VRAM which is still quite costly, only higher end cards having more than 2 still with the highest bankbreakers having over 3. Let's not even talk about Shadows of Mordor requiring 6GB (titan black, certain models of 780ti, both of which costing $900+) for max texture res.