Forum » FFXIV » General » Upgrading CE 1.0 to 2.0 problem
Upgrading CE 1.0 to 2.0 problem
 Bahamut.Samunai
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2013-08-27 07:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! I havent quite find the topic alike what my problem is so here goes!

I have CE 1.0 of FF14 and i this;

Collector’s Edition Digital Upgrade Service
The Collector’s Edition digital upgrade offers customers the ability to upgrade their standard FFXIV account to Collector’s Edition status via the “FFXIV Service Center” website that is scheduled to be opened at the launch of official service, which then grants the in-game bonus items included with the Collector’s Edition. Customers in possession of the Collector’s Edition for either version 1.0 or A Realm Reborn will receive these Collector’s Edition items without needing to purchase the upgrade.
* Characters that have already been created will be able to receive the items.

Now are some stating online i have to upgrade it myself anyways and this states not. The issues is if i should believe what i wrote is that i have not yet received any email on my post moogle about the new items i get (mog cap and cait sith doll minion). I have looked up in Mog Station and i do have the 1.0 CE as used key in subscription.

Can anyone help me get these items?

<3
By Kyree 2013-08-27 07:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have the collector's edition from 1.0 you do not need to buy the digital upgrade to receive all of the new items in the 2.0 collectors.

You may need to log off and back in for the items to show up in the mail.

Edit: If you're looking for the mog cap and cait sith, those items were only available to those that pre-ordered the game.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-08-27 08:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyree said: »

I saw this posted somewhere else today too and I thought it was someone just trollin trying to get someone to log off to get themselves in game XD
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2013-08-27 08:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have the collector's edition from 1.0 you do not need to buy the digital upgrade to receive all of the new items in the 2.0 collectors.

Edit: If you're looking for the mog cap and cait sith, those items were only available to those that pre-ordered the game.

d'aw ; ; ok /cry. thanks tho
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2013-08-27 08:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ok soo welllll... i think i should be getting them anyways!

this is from the FF14 forums:

Camate - Today 04:09 AM
"As many of you have already begun to notice, we’ve started to send out both pre-order bonus items to all players and Collector’s Edition bonus items to 1.0 players who purchased the original Collector’s Edition in the past. "

now i want my items :@ /cry

or am i reading this wrong ><'
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-08-27 08:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

some people just havn't gotten them yet. no worries, you will get them!
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2013-08-27 09:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ok _(._.)_
 Bismarck.Tragedie
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-08-27 10:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »

I saw this posted somewhere else today too and I thought it was someone just trollin trying to get someone to log off to get themselves in game XD

I can confirm that logging out and back in will get you the items after you register your code (although this is a hair off topic; I didn't come from 1.0, I just had the pre-release digital collector's edition).

I put the code Amazon emailed me into the squeenix management website while logged into the game, no items. Logged out and logged back in, 4 items in my inbox (moogle delivery thing or whatever). I didn't have to close the client all the way out, just logged out and back in.

I should note, it was 4 a.m. EST and I was about to go to bed, so there wasn't much of a risk if I couldn't get back on. I wouldn't risk logging out during anywhere-near-peak times... at that point you're just better off waiting until the next regularly scheduled emergency maintenance anyway.
By Whisp 2013-08-27 12:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I am also a Collector's Edition 1.0 player, and I did not receive any of the new items. I tried logging out and I checked my moogle. Apparently just being a 1.0 CE player isn't enough to ensure you get your items. I put in a service request on the official forums.

Update: I found out that I must have entered the buddy pass that came with the collector's edition. (I entered it because I thought that's what I was supposed to do in order to activate it for a friend). I've been stuck with 2 accounts ever since.
 Cerberus.Kengo
Server: Cerberus
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2013-08-27 14:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't enter anything and received my 1.0 CE items. They killed Hermes on new characters, but whatever. I didn't want unlimited sprint anyway..... ***.

The Mogstation site should show you exactly which bonus items you've obtained from 1.0, redeem codes, etc.

Here's an example;

Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2013-08-29 10:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

thats odd. i do have hermes and onion still in my possession and it doesnt show up there last time i checked. i guess i go check again maybe they have issues...
 Bahamut.Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2013-08-29 10:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

OK this is officially on the website of FF14 ARR. now i can sleep peacefully! lol

"Are there any additional steps required for owners of the V1.0 Collector’s Edition to receive the bonus items of the FFXIV:ARR Collector’s Edition?
No, these items will be delivered automatically to eligible characters via the Moogle Delivery Service.

Will Legacy players receive the pre-order bonus items?
No. While Legacy players will receive Early Access, they will not receive the pre-order bonus items unless they pre-order FFXIV:ARR."

thank god they made that clear somewhere after loads of digging... I read i would get both but not! lolz... oh well i hope for you all it clears this up too ^^b