Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninja WSs for a new age
Ninja WSs for a new age
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2013-08-20 23:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a main ninja (Mostly Monk, Dancer and Corsair), but I do like it from time to time. Therefore I've got a quandary: All the Katana WSs I have access to as a SOA-level NIN kind of bite. Blade:Hi seems to be the only one that does significant damage, but I really don't want to go through another 1500 Heavy Metal Plates and 60 Riftdross (Already over halfway through a Verethragna 90 after about a year...) for a weapon that is still worthless for SOA-level content until at least the tweak. Any recommendations for a good weaponskill, or should I start working on a pseudo-Empy to unlock Blade:Hi for when they do the WS unlock quests?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-20 23:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I would imagine shun should do pretty well with the delve and crafted katanas. It was already better than Jin outside abby and good Shuns aren't that far off Hi outside.
 Ragnarok.Alahra
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-08-20 23:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Use Blade: Shun outside and Blade: Jin inside Abyssea, pretty much, if you have access to Kiji/Kannakiri +1 (only with good augments though, as far as I can tell)/Pamun.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-08-21 03:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside, Shun is already better than Hi nowadays, even with 99 Kannagi. +200+ attack/accuracy with all that base damage helps a lot. If they decide to let us unlock Hi using the coin weapons, Hi will be better on stuff that have lots and lots of defense and such, but as always you're not going to ever use NIN on those things anyway (But then you probably wouldn't use NIN even on easy stuff that often either).
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
Server: Shiva
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2013-08-21 22:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Alahra said: »
Use Blade: Shun outside and Blade: Jin inside Abyssea, pretty much, if you have access to Kiji/Kannakiri +1 (only with good augments though, as far as I can tell)/Pamun.
I have a kannakiri that I'll +1 with my next slurry, and will probably just offhand my str mod aphiotic kukri (8 dagger merits).