users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » resolution Atmas
resolution Atmas
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-08-15 20:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey I was wondering which atmas would pump up Resolutions damage output in abyssea most? I pretty sure I can handle a gear set build but what atmas; is it as simple as all the STR ones or is there somthing I missed?
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-08-15 20:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I use RR Apoc VV for DRK when I go in aby. RR because the increase in DoT from normal hits would likely outweigh any other Atma you could put in there for Reso.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-08-15 22:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm really confused about RR as an atma choice but I have played with Bojack in game and he seemed to know his stuff. I'm actually lvling RUN instead instead of DRK but I figured the DRK forums would know more about Resolution. Would the DoT still apply to RUN?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-15 22:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizucallow said: »
Well I'm really confused about RR as an atma choice but I have played with Bojack in game and he seemed to know his stuff. I'm actually lvling RUN instead instead of DRK but I figured the DRK forums would know more about Resolution. Would the DoT still apply to RUN?

RR increases your white damage more than anything will increase resolution damage. At least that's what he's saying.

I had some fun with Apoc, VV, Stout arm, you could sub in Alpha and Omega for stout arm as well.
 Asura.Tawhoya
Server: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2013-08-16 10:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You def want RR in there. I'd suggest RR, Apoc, A&O for ws frequency over ws dmg.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-16 13:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

RR DEX: Superior(+50), Critical Hit Rate: Superior (+30%), Critical Hit Damage: Major (+30%) and acc from the dex hard to beat for any dd.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-16 16:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
RR DEX: Superior(+50), Critical Hit Rate: Superior (+30%), Critical Hit Damage: Major (+30%) and acc from the dex hard to beat for any dd.

Not really hard to beat, honestly, for a job that relies heavily on non-crit WS damage and has very little white damage. For a long time jobs like DRK and SAM benefited more from things that enhanced their WS's. It's just that now with the level cap and gear progression, base stats have far less impact on your damage output than they did.
 Asura.Tawhoya
Server: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2013-08-16 16:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Not really hard to beat, honestly, for a job that relies heavily on non-crit WS damage and has very little white damage. For a long time jobs like DRK and SAM benefited more from things that enhanced their WS's. It's just that now with the level cap and gear progression, base stats have far less impact on your damage output than they did.

When your crit hits are nearly 1k w/o RR atma, the added 30% rate and damage is going to do more for your DoT than the extra 1k damage that any other atma will boost your ws.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-16 18:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tawhoya said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »

When your crit hits are nearly 1k w/o RR atma, the added 30% rate and damage is going to do more for your DoT than the extra 1k damage that any other atma will boost your ws.

Before SoA, barring ODD, nobody was regularly doing 1K+ crits. The other stats that atma offer are less relevant now because your stats are already much higher than the targets. Adding 30% crit rate/dmg has far more impact for all jobs now, even ones without crit WS or with a heavy bias toward non-crit WS damage.