Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » SoA "endgame"
SoA "endgame"
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-08-14 08:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be possible to get new categories for the newer endgame content under "endgame" in forum?

I was looking for a thread that i saw which had skirmish 2.0 augments (a link to the bg discussion anyhow) and didn't see it readily in the fustercluck that is "general". I could have tried to search for it on BG, but the "search" on that forum is at least 50% of the reason i don't post there.

Anyhoo: instead of being that guy who posts "where can i find this thread, i couldn't find it" 20 times a day, I was thinking this would help organize the information a bit.

Not only that but with the colossal screw ups Matsui is making, everything pre-SoA has pretty much irrelevant rewards right now. This makes it an even better idea to segregate the new content... since it's pretty much only content right now (unless you want an out of date piece for aesthetics).
[+]
By applecrunch 2013-08-14 08:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Reasons to not go to BG the community is terrible and don't like new people posting.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-08-14 08:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

applecrunch said: »
Reasons to not go to BG the community is terrible and don't like new people posting.

well I didn't want to carry on about it. There's a wealth of information there, but for every 1 gem there's 9 people who should be 60th term aborted.

I am admittedly also terrible at navigation on the site, which I can't prove is NOT my fault so I don't put it on them either.
By applecrunch 2013-08-14 08:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It is still early to say SOA is a failure but at the rate they are implementing new content a lot of people will move on to other games. They have a tough balance of releasing content and keeping people hopeful for something better to come along. It is kinda sad that basically people still playing are like it has to get better right ?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-08-14 08:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It is still early to say SOA is a failure but at the rate they are implementing new content a lot of people will move on to other games. They have a tough balance of releasing content and keeping people hopeful for something better to come along. It is kinda sad that basically people still playing are like it has to get better right ?

Part of the reason the "here's a map of what 3 things were going to give you this month" worked was because once you beat the 3 things that month there was still old junk to fall back on. Maybe you didn't need voidwatch anymore but there were "shiny" weapons you could spam for. You probably didn't have a monstrous need for salvage V2 gear, but situational use / completionism could inspire you to get all pieces.
They killed that pretty much now. That's why I think organizing the new content will be more helpful than the other 12 things that one or two niche players might still read into.
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2013-08-14 08:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This should be the link you're looking for

Friend of mine posted on their GW Feed yesterday.
Interesting stuff!
[+]
By applecrunch 2013-08-14 08:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw RME in the video and got a little bit excited then I realized it was SE and was disappointed immediately.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-08-14 08:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said: »

Interesting stuff!

ily <3
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2013-08-14 08:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Siren.Kuz said: »

Interesting stuff!

ily <3

Yet you never call and just leave me hanging :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-08-14 08:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

In all fairness, it's easier to deal with the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE person on BG than with the huge majority of the FFXIAH posters.

As long as you aren't an idiot, it is usually very easy and enjoyable to post on BG.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-08-14 09:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Monstrosity is SoA's endgame. Become a Scorpion and Earthbreaker + Dread Spikes your way to great profit.

Really though, the lack of fall-back activities (aka building RMEs) was the main reason I was opposed to outdating old content. It has come to pass, I'm done the new content, and I haven't killed a Delve boss in the last week or so. I probably wouldn't be logging in right now if it wasn't for Monstrosity.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-08-14 09:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
In all fairness, it's easier to deal with the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE person on BG than with the huge majority of the FFXIAH posters.

As long as you aren't an idiot, it is usually very easy and enjoyable to post on BG.

I'm not and it's neither for me. Just saying. I gave a broad generalization about the posters first, so I won't give you a hard time for yours. I will agree to disagree in regard to the site content but I still feel "lost" when i try to keep up with threads, or find some particular thread/information that I'm looking for.

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Monstrosity is SoA's endgame. Become a Scorpion and Earthbreaker + Dread Spikes your way to great profit.

Really though, the lack of fall-back activities (aka building RMEs) was the main reason I was opposed to outdating old content. It has come to pass, I'm done the new content, and I haven't killed a Delve boss in the last week or so. I probably wouldn't be logging in right now if it wasn't for Monstrosity.

I have yet to try the monst. but I've heard brilliant things. SE took 2 months to restore my account so I'm just getting started (and ironically finished) with Fracture content this week. I saw my Mog Garden for the first time yesterday.

Still, I'm no site creator and I don't know if I'm asking a lot (sorry :x) but I do think the forum categories would be at least a bit helpful.
By Quiznor 2013-08-14 09:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how you said "endgame" :D
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-08-14 09:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I agree on the information part and the search function, which is why BG wiki has been a life saver as people nowadays tend to put the information scattered all over the forums in one place.

I just meant that BG isn't only about FFXI, the other sections can be very interesting depending on what you like. The fighting game threads are usually very good.
By applecrunch 2013-08-14 09:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »

AFK in Jeuno requires a linkshell.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-08-14 09:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »

AFK in Jeuno requires a linkshell.

Wo/man after my own heart

No point having the best stuff if others cant SEE you with them!
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-08-16 12:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

By geekgirl101 2013-08-26 06:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I completely agree. I posted there a few weeks ago and in return I got hurled a load of abuse and literally smacked in the face for daring to ask a few questions, they even went as far as suggesting I got banned for a few weeks to "teach me a lesson" and this was all because I posted on the crafting forum that I had made quite a lot of items I had skilled on and if anyone was interested in purchasing any. A simple "nobody uses those items anymore, you're best off npcing it or leaving it in a bazaar mule" would've been adequate enough instead of their offensive scoffing and snapping. Never went back there again, very unforgiving and unwelcoming community that badly needs an attitude adjustment or a jolly good spanking.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-08-26 07:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, if you make player warnings for people simply because they weren't rainbows and butterflies, you're going to get laughed at.