First Page 2 3 ... 18365 18366 18367 ... 18549 18550 18551
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2017-05-26 08:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
until you start going to meetings, you're just a drunk!

The irony being that meetings are generally what drive me to drink in the first place
[+]
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-05-26 08:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot Boy said: »

The irony being that meetings are generally what drive me to drink in the first place
The anti-smoking ads on TV make me want to light up in spite.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Vienner 2017-05-26 09:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Food for discussions, but I think smoking has a heavier impact on your body then drinking.
Cigarettes only comes in x amount of flavours while booze comes in as many colours and tastes like unicorn farts.
 Asura.Lolserj
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-26 10:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Idiot Boy said: »

The anti-smoking ads on TV make me want to light up in spite.

God dammit, you wanting to light up in spite makes me never want to light up in spite
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-05-26 10:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I drove to minneapolis to see perfume genius live. It was the greatest show I've ever seen in my brief 34 years. gentle tap-dancing christ people, it was raw, beautiful, vicious and quite possibly the realest performance one could see at our little space in time. I highly recommend seeing this show to everyone and anyone, young and old.

My spine has been in terrible shape, and driving 1800 miles was no small feat, but the show was so worth the pain, I'd do it again tomorrow if it went through denver or omaha or whatever. *** me!

I'll post pictures later.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-26 12:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Asura.Lolserj said: »
One could assume that no one on this site is always at 400% maximum caffeine capacity, as they would likely be dead if that was the case

Never assume because you make an *** out of U and ME...
but mostly you.

pdf from fda

According to the FDA the average and safe daily max caffeine intake is 200mg (about two cups of coffee) and anything over that, you are taking a risk.

I don't know about everyone else but I am currently operating at about 800mg or so by breakfast!

So then we use this new thing called math and if 200mg is 100% then 800mg is 400%...

So bask, once again, in the joyful light you find in being wrong.

So you're also saying you shouldn't consume any coffee beyong 200mg of caffeine, or you're an idiot? I'm not seeing how that's any more dangerous than taking some powdered caffeine in addition to the amount you've mentioned or taking it in lieu of a cup of coffee

And meh, my doctor is trying to get me off of red meat and cigars because apparently we have to suffer through life instead of enjoying it while we slowly kill ourselves, so I don't take any of that ***seriously anyways as long as you consume it in some moderation
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-05-26 12:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

<.<
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2017-05-26 13:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-26 14:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vienner said: »
Food for discussions, but I think smoking has a heavier impact on your body then drinking.

I am going to disagree with you for the following reason. Because cirrhosis, which is the most advanced type of alcohol-related liver disease is not reversible with abstinence. But if you quit smoking in time you can clear your lungs out in about ten years or so. But the liver, you only get one and if you break it you are doomed.

And if we're talking about chainsmoking alcoholics... at that point what difference does it make which one kills you first? Do...you wanna have a race or something? I wouldn't bet a whole lot of money...But I have seen it go both ways....

If by heavier impact you are talking about cosmetic damage like "leatherface" vs "yellow eyes"... the damage from heavy drinking can go "undetected" for longer... /thinks about it

Let me go round up some homeless people and we can run some races.

PARKER!!!
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-26 14:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nik, do you have a drink of choice?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-26 15:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nik, do you have a drink of choice?

I like hard liquors like scotch or cognac. It depends on my mood I guess. But they work faster and lessen the number of trips to the bathroom to whiz in the middle of the night.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-05-26 17:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I am going to disagree with you for the following reason. Because cirrhosis, which is the most advanced type of alcohol-related liver disease is not reversible with abstinence. But if you quit smoking in time you can clear your lungs out in about ten years or so. But the liver, you only get one and if you break it you are doomed.

And if we're talking about chainsmoking alcoholics... at that point what difference does it make which one kills you first? Do...you wanna have a race or something? I wouldn't bet a whole lot of money...But I have seen it go both ways....

If by heavier impact you are talking about cosmetic damage like "leatherface" vs "yellow eyes"... the damage from heavy drinking can go "undetected" for longer... /thinks about it

Let me go round up some homeless people and we can run some races.

PARKER!!!
I knew you were going to disagree.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-05-26 17:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

smoking is worse imo. UNLESS you do enough physical activity, esp cardio, to try to balance out the damage you're doing to your lungs.

lung funk is so brutal.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-26 18:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
smoking is worse imo. UNLESS you do enough physical activity, esp cardio, to try to balance out the damage you're doing to your lungs.

lung funk is so brutal.

Although it isn't related to the negative impact it has on your health, I think that alcohol probably destroys more families than cigarettes do. Some people can control themselves when it comes to booze, other people have to either completely stay away from the stuff or get completely *** by their addiction to it.

The only way I can see cigarettes destroying families is if someone goes out for a pack of smokes and never comes back. Or dies of cancer years down the road and causes everyone grief in that way, but I've seen alcohol destroy a family quicker and more easily than that.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-05-26 19:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

lung funk is so brutal.

Although it isn't related to the negative impact it has on your health, I think that alcohol probably destroys more families than cigarettes do. Some people can control themselves when it comes to booze, other people have to either completely stay away from the stuff or get completely *** by their addiction to it.

The only way I can see cigarettes destroying families is if someone goes out for a pack of smokes and never comes back. Or dies of cancer years down the road and causes everyone grief in that way, but I've seen alcohol destroy a family quicker and more easily than that.

alcohol doesn't destroy families. idiots with guns alcohol destroy families.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-26 20:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

lung funk is so brutal.

alcohol doesn't destroy families. idiots with guns alcohol destroy families.

My family has a lot of both idiots with alcohol and responsible users of the stuff.

I can't really gauge if my family's (mother's side) relationship with alcohol is weird or not. According to some people outside of my family that I grew up with, getting drunk with your parents/aunts/uncles on a regular basis after you turn 21 is weird *shrugs*

My father's side on the other hand are apparently too Polish to be able to have any alcohol without spiraling into month long benders.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-27 08:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

My family has a lot idiots.

We kinda figured that out on our own. ..

I knew you were going to disagree.

That's great kid... If that's your entire rebuttal, then why dont you go bother your mother for a while.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-27 11:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose you would know about being an idiot more than most.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-30 09:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose you would know about being an idiot more than most.

ahhhh... the old "takes one to know one" comeback...always a classic...

let me just refer to my kindergarten playground insult handbook...ok here it is..

/clears throat

I'm rubber and you're glue! Whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you!

Furthermore, your lame attempt at an insulting me created it's own paradox. How would anyone "know" about "being an idiot" themselves?

I find that most idiots are blissfully unaware of their own idiocy. Ignorance is bliss, as they say. So in the case of idiocy how would one go about recognizing other idiots when they don't have the capacity to realize they are in fact an idiot themselves?

So then I wouldn't know about being an idiot if I was in fact an idiot myself. My own idiocy would prevent me from recognizing my idiocy and prevent my capacity to notice or understand anyone else's idiocy.

But I do have a lot of experience with idiots having been beset on on all sides by the idiocy of my fellow man. So in that respect, your statement would be true if you are instead claiming that your own idiocy has given me all the experience necessary to become an expert in dealing with idiots, then I couldn't agree more.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2017-05-30 09:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

being stupid is a lot like being dead, it only affects the people around you.
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-05-30 09:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend~
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-05-30 09:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

-skims trough page while scrolling to reply area-

Morning Idiots.

4 day weekend. Was glad to be out. 10 mins into work and I regret it.
Could be worst. Could have been monday.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-30 10:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So in the case of idiocy how would one go about recognizing other idiots when they don't have the capacity to realize they are in fact an idiot themselves?

So then I wouldn't know about being an idiot if I was in fact an idiot myself. My own idiocy would prevent me from recognizing my idiocy and prevent my capacity to notice or understand anyone else's idiocy.

You're making the assumption that idiots cannot recognize idiocy, but you can definitely be an idiot in some ways and be pretty knowledgeable about certain things (you specifically), so I would say in some ways you would not recognize someone else's idiocy or your own idiocy, but I would say that you could definitely recognize idiocy when it comes to things you are knowledgeable about.

An idiot can also recognize "idiots" and "idiocy" in cases where they think someone is being an idiot or that they are recognizing some form of idiocy, when they are not. In these cases, or in cases where an idiot does not recognize idiocy I would say that your point is valid, but I would also say that this is not always the case with an idiot unless they're lacking knowledge about literally everything.

That and very intelligent people are capable of being idiots from time to time, and I'm making the assumption that you're fairly intelligent. I would definitely say that you can be an idiot from time to time. I would also say that I can be an idiot from time to time as well. Even Spath can be an idiot from time to time.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-30 10:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend~

I actually got to do basically nothing this weekend, which was amazing to have after the week that I had.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-05-30 14:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
-skims trough page while scrolling to reply area-

Morning Idiots.

4 day weekend. Was glad to be out. 10 mins into work and I regret it.
Could be worst. Could have been monday.

Morning!

tuesday is monday #2...

I need a drink...

I can be an idiot

Well... it's good to have goals...

Maybe someday, with hard work and perseverance, you can level up to idiot.... from brain dead moron.

Don't give up!

and if it's any consolation... I feel a little bit dumber after reading your posts. So...if nothing else at least you were able to spread the misery around a little...

And tell your girlfriend "I'm sorry"... She has my pity...

I have a joke for her...what did the execution tell jesus' disciples?

YouTube Video Placeholder

oh... she already heard that one....
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-05-30 14:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i know i've got to be at work, but i just want a dark room and a pillow.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-30 15:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I've walked in on like 7 of my coworkers asleep at their desk, so it looks like it's acceptable
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-05-30 15:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I've walked in on like 7 of my coworkers asleep at their desk, so it looks like it's acceptable

i have to do side by sides atm. sitting next to someone and giving them live feedback. i dunno if i can pull off sleeping during that.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-05-30 16:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i have to do side by sides atm. sitting next to someone and giving them live feedback. i dunno if i can pull off sleeping during that.

But just imagine if you could pull that off

you could probably sell books and get paid millions for speeches
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-05-30 17:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

But just imagine if you could pull that off

you could probably sell books and get paid millions for speeches

and sleep through the speeches.
First Page 2 3 ... 18365 18366 18367 ... 18549 18550 18551