Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-01-29 12:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Whats so special about the fox?
Fox hunting was a sport of the rich, they'd basically chase a Fox across miles of countryside on horseback until the Fox collapsed through exhuastion, at which point the bloodhounds would rip it apart. There was no point to Fox hunting apart from fun.

pffft.... we used to do that to poor people until everyone got all bent out of shape about it..
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-01-29 12:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fox hunting was a sport of the rich, they'd basically chase a Fox across miles of countryside on horseback until the Fox collapsed through exhuastion, at which point the bloodhounds would rip it apart. There was no point to Fox hunting apart from fun.
Got ya.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-01-29 12:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

idk... we get a lot of older guys as delivery drivers. Only ever had one woman though and she was just filling in for the guy that normally does their deliveries.

There's several women delivery drivers where I live, it seems. Not a majority, but I'd estimate 1/3 times I get food delivered (twice a week on average), it's a girl/woman. But they're always younger, appearing in their 20s, where the guys run from like 16 to 60 it seems.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-29 12:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I think I already told you guys about how I enjoy firing random people in stores who don't work for me... or ordering them to go do things... "That Women's restroom is a disgrace to the franchise...go clean it up at once..."

the one guy was in there a good couple minutes before it finally dawned on him....

this bathroom isn't that bad....wait... who was that guy and what was he doing in the women's bathroom!?
From what I understand a public women's bathroom is usually dirtier and more disgusting than a public men's bathroom. Everyone I know who worked fast food in high school said you'd see the most *** up ***when cleaning the women's bathroom.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-01-29 12:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Am I the only one who thinks mountain lions shouldn't be game? I get it when it's self-defense, though.

She got a purdy mouf!

EDIT: I'm just assuming mountain lions are considered game, since he mentioned "mountain lion season".
I don't support hunting for sport in general, I just think it's cruel, especially fox hunting.

I understand it when you're actually going to consume your kill, but that might be a matter of how I was raised. Having a trophy kill is tacky.

Has fox hunting been outlawed in the UK yet?

Fox hunting is illegal here now yea, and so it should be. Farmers can kill them if they come onto their property but you can't hunt them for sport anymore.

That's reasonable. I know the major defense of fox hunting in the UK was that they're a pest to farmers.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-01-29 12:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

pffft.... we used to do that to poor people until everyone got all bent out of shape about it..until we used Jean Claude Van Damme as our prey.

[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-01-29 12:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
From what I understand a public women's bathroom is usually dirtier and more disgusting than a public men's bathroom. Everyone I know who worked fast food in high school said you'd see the most *** up ***when cleaning the women's bathroom.

Literally.

I'm w/ Z on hunting. It's one thing if you're hunting edible game to supplement your family's food supply; it can be a real boon to have a freezer full of good meat you didn't have to pay $8.00/lb+ for.

But trophy hunting's time is up. I understand why it was a big thing in its day, but we should simply know better now. Just an opinion, obviously, but.

Except the wolf hunters in the western U.S. Those people can drink turpentine and piss up a flaming rope.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-01-29 12:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nvm...
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-01-29 12:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I'm concerned they could outlaw all hunting, but it would never fly anytime soon.

I know a guy locally who recently killed a fox on his property, thinks it may have been rabid.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-01-29 12:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
As far as I'm concerned they could outlaw all hunting, but it would never fly anytime soon.

I know a guy locally who recently killed a fox on his property, thinks it may have been rabid.

As far as I'm concerned, they should outlaw guns unless you have a hunting license on top of more stringent psychological testing before a license is awarded. :P
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-01-29 12:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

As far as I'm concerned, they should outlaw guns unless you have a hunting license on top of more stringent psychological testing before a license is awarded. :P
Jest aside, you wouldn't be the only one or the first thinking that.

But I'm going to sidestep your elaborate ruse.
By Ramyrez 2015-01-29 12:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Any time P&R stuff comes up in Ni is a bit of a jarring thing. Kinda like:

[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-29 12:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked hunting foxes, cougars, and chicks but now I'm getting married so I guess they'll be hunting me /rimshot.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-29 12:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Any time P&R stuff comes up in Ni is a bit of a jarring thing. Kinda like:

In a groundskeeper Willie voice.. The shinnning!!!!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-01-29 12:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry. Damn puma/mountain lion/cougar!
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-01-29 12:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one who thinks mountain lions shouldn't be game? I get it when it's self-defense, though.

She got a purdy mouf!

EDIT: I'm just assuming mountain lions are considered game, since he mentioned "mountain lion season".
I don't support hunting for sport in general, I just think it's cruel, especially fox hunting.

I understand it when you're actually going to consume your kill, but that might be a matter of how I was raised. Having a trophy kill is tacky.

Has fox hunting been outlawed in the UK yet?

Fox hunting is illegal here now yea, and so it should be. Farmers can kill them if they come onto their property but you can't hunt them for sport anymore.

That's reasonable. I know the major defense of fox hunting in the UK was that they're a pest to farmers.
I just saw a reportage recently about that. They still perform those hunting rituals. Instead of real foxes they lay out scent tracks, but everyone interviewed stated that if by coincidents a real one passes by it will still be killed.
Especially common people who couldn't go on hunts earlier showed a ruthless behaviour.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-01-29 13:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Especially common people

Those damn common folk, attempting to partake in the sport of their betters and getting it all wrong.

I say! These peasants have no couth anymore, Reginald!

[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-01-29 13:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Especially common people

Those damn common folk, attempting to partake in the sport of their betters and getting it all wrong.

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-01-29 13:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

they're overpopulated here & started eating people's dogs & cats & such around town, so they initiated a hunting season in.... idk....
2004 maybe...

they are beautiful.

they can't hunt fox here, but I think trapping might be legal. I don't care for fox hunting or trapping, either.

they're just cool.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-01-29 13:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

But trophy hunting's time is up. I understand why it was a big thing in its day, but we should simply know better now. Just an opinion, obviously, but.

it's often not that simple.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-01-29 13:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes sense, I suppose. We don't have mountain lions, so what do I know? Wild hogs are evasive here. I think it's legal to hunt hogs year-round.

I think humane trapping of foxes is acceptable here, but not killing them, too.

Foxes in the wild are beautiful. I've only seen them twice in the wild. Once when my family was vacationing in Bayern, and the second was actually in on my grandfather's land here in Texas, no more than a yard away from me just wandering up a game trail.

We have bears too, apparently, near Arkansas.

EDIT: People actually put the entire hog kill on an old-fashioned, homemade, massive fire pit dug in the ground for barbecues, given the host has enough acreage and fire regulations for the season.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-01-29 13:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

Literally.

I'm w/ Z on hunting. It's one thing if you're hunting edible game to supplement your family's food supply; it can be a real boon to have a freezer full of good meat you didn't have to pay $8.00/lb+ for.

Except the wolf hunters in the western U.S. Those people can drink turpentine and piss up a flaming rope.
I'm not a fan of trophy hunting. As my dad sayes "I have yet to find a good antler recipe." I hunt for food, and to be honest, it's my family's vacation. We'd like to get something but if not, that's fine. Tags and licenses are expensive if you buy tags for both Buck and doe. $65, $25 license, $20/tag.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-01-29 13:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, I don't like it, but wtf, we have to deal with reality on reality's terms, not ours.

When I was a young adult a fox had cubs in the bushes of a golf course, so we got to see em' running around acting stupid in the creek, but eventually so many people were there taking pictures & ***all the time so GF&P trapped em' & hauled them out of town somewhere.

they also once shot a moose to death on the west side just because everyone was so *** confused as to why there was a moose here, they took a lot of flack on that one.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-01-29 13:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Especially common people

"What I'm saying, Freddy, is: know your limitations. You're a moron."
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-01-29 13:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
it's often not that simple.

Thank you, Lieutenant Obvious. As you were.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-01-29 13:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

well it's super easy to ride your morals to victory when lions aren't debating eating your offspring / family pet.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-01-29 13:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

they also once shot a moose to death
At least it wasn't to the pain.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-01-29 13:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

well it's super easy to ride your morals to victory when lions aren't debating eating your offspring / family pet.

If this actually started with a video, I have no idea, I don't watch videos because I can't at work...I just sort of came in somewhere in the middle. I pulled a Donnie, what can I say?

Clearly I don't consider protecting yourself and family as "trophy hunting".
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-01-29 13:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, I don't like it, but wtf, we have to deal with reality on reality's terms, not ours.

Now you're just talking a load of ***.

I don't have to deal with reality at all. I always have the option of LSD!

I mean, I haven't used that option yet.

But I feel safe knowing it's there for me if I need it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17116 17117 17118 ... 18549 18550 18551