Resists?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Resists?
Resists?
By darthmaull 2013-07-28 19:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having problems finding any real info on what runes allow Run to resist what enfeebles. I just found out that the Light rune allows us to resist Sticky Thread from the Eruca in delve. The Diremite as well. Has anyone compiled a list of enfeebles that we can resist with a specific rune?

Edit: after going on another run I'm not even 100% sure if it was all the Light runes that were giving me the resists or if it was the haste.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-07-28 21:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What kinda message were you getting? And what kinda resist frequency?

If you had haste up, you'll get a "has no effect." message on sticky thread(it doesn't overwrite haste.) Although, Diremites filamented hold does overwrite haste.

A "Resist! indicates that a Resist trait has proc'd. RUN has a trait called tenacity that works as a resist all status trait. If you got Resist! messages, it was tenacity.

With those thoughts in mind. While not impossible, I'd be very surprised if the resist element for either of those moves was light.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-07-29 04:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been mostly following the standard "earth resist vs slow, fire resist vs virus" etc. The magian elemental weapons are a good indicator of what XXXXDown and stat down effects go with what element.

Eg.
A fire sword gives str/attack.
Fire is weak to water.
So water lowers str/attack.
Use sulpor to resist these. Beetles "Spoil" tp move is a good example to test on.

A wind sword gives agi/eva.
Wind is weak to ice.
So ice lowers eva/agi.
Use Ignis to resist these. Bats or lizards for Infrasonics is a good example to test on.

Etc. Etc.

I made this table:
RuneIncreases Resistance AgainstOther Effects
AGI Down, Evasion DownParalyze, Bind, Frost
MND Down, Magic Def DownStun, Shock
INT Down, Magic Attack DownVirus, Burn, Addle, Amnesia
DEX Down, Accuracy DownSlow, Petrify, Rasp
VIT Down, Def DownSilence, Gravity, Choke
STR Down, Attack DownPoison, Drown
CHR Down, Magic Eva DownBlind, Curse, Dispel (Dark Based)
Magic Acc DownCharm, Flash, Dispel (Light Based)

HP/MP Down, I'm still not sure on, same goes for terror (could possibly be fire based after resisting a lot of blistering roars using Unda tonight), and doom/death (dark based but not sure how resistable)
There's likely exceptions but it's generally those elements.
[+]
By Ophannus 2013-07-29 04:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

HP is typically associated with Light(Light Ring/Angel Earring etc) and MP is typically associated with Dark(Hades Earring/Dark Ring etc). Could try that out. Terror is non-elemental according to Yugl on bluegartr. The way he tested it was inflicting Terror on mobs and killed the Terror'd mobs with various magian trial staves and none of them gave him points for any trial.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-07-29 04:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Off to find some manticores to riddle me :D.
Any suggestions on something that inflicts HP down?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-07-29 04:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Slugs have an HP down move.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-07-29 06:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Switched merits a little for testing, 5/5 rune effect and pflug effect:
Not had a single resist (even partial) on riddle yet with 3x Lux or 3x Tenebrae + pflug + Uk' cap + Bure gloves (~20 attempts each), 2 min duration every time. May be non-elemental, needs a larger sample and using all elements still i guess.

I don't have a bst friend to make testing slug hp down easier. Having flashbacks to blue mage spell farming waiting for stuff to use 1 of X number of tp moves ><.
I'll do slugs once i can get back into abyssea if i'm still awake.
 Asura.Kohanu
Server: Asura
user: Kohanu
By Asura.Kohanu 2013-07-29 06:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think I've ever once seen Riddle be resisted by anyone.
 Bismarck.Annalise
Server: Bismarck
user: Annalise
By Bismarck.Annalise 2013-08-06 15:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leveling RUN, using Sulpor (resist water) and bar water I resisted Sonic Boom from bats most of the time. So it does seem to help tremendously.
By Voren 2013-08-20 03:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to resist Baba Yaga's Silencga using 3/3 Gelus runes. Also resisted Graviga. I've been able to resist silence and gravity before when not in ga form, but always was hit with it when an NM used a ga. This was a nice bonus.

I also resisted Silencga from Carabosse, but be careful when using rune while she's in WHM mode, the en spell effect from the runes cures her. That was an annoying little bit to find out.