bayld farming strategies please
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-19 10:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently having a better look at adoulin content, I've been busy making an almace recently, and since it's done ( to 85 at least ) I wanted a deeper look at adoulin. Last night I finished my quests for my "utility" KIs (watercrafting, demolishing, already had logging). Don't have a delve weapon yet, farming plasm, now have 15k, working on that.

So far I've been contending with simple coalition quests to gather bayld and got 4/5 karieyh, but I want thurandaut for my blu and the shield for my pld until I get aegis/ochain. Some coalitions now have a second floors.

I have pld/bst/blu/rdm/thf and a gimp 99RUN and 99SMN.

I soloed a lair reive yesterday on pld and the bayld was abysmal. (total of 500 for a full solo start to finish with no one helping)

Any strategies, either solo or grouped I could do to earn faster bayld ?
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-19 10:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep doing assignments the Bayld adds up faster as you rank up.

Search zones and join a group doing Reives. 6-10 man groups are the best since you can control the root damage and max your reward.
[+]
 Valefor.Tiniky
Server: Valefor
user: Tiniky
By Valefor.Tiniky 2013-07-19 10:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Coalition_Assignments

If you'd like 'fast' bayld, you can plant Arborscent Seeds in the Mog Garden. I think you can harvest them every few hours. When you harvest, you will most likely get a Gnatbane. You can do the Gnatbane quest for 3k Bayld in the Scout's Coalition. Depending on how many tags you have, this will easily get you tons of bayld, or, at least 4500 / day (read, 4 tags / day, using 2 for each gnatbane harvested), for pretty much not doing anything.

Be sure to always use your tags. If you feel like you don't want to use them for the day, 'store' them by taking an assignment for 3 imps. You can later decline that assignment and get your 3 imps back (if you are at 12 or less imps).

Another way people have been 'farming' bayld, yet is looked down upon by some, is to afk at Morjami, close enough to a Reive to where you are 'participating'. I think you will get 700 Bayld / hour of afking. Not a bad thing to do while you are busy / at work / school.
By itchi508 2013-07-19 11:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Skirmish 5k+, Low man reives in Ceizak 5k ish & Co.Assignments
[+]
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2013-07-19 11:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Go cape farming in Morjami. I've been out there for a few days, and there's usually a large group running a circuit. It's not as efficient as Taint's suggestion, but it's another option.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-19 11:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

new capes O.o ?
By Pantafernando 2013-07-19 13:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

And how much bayld can skirmish give per hour? (Considering the i-i-i simulacrum).
Im needing a large amount atm.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-19 13:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a particular strategy that works great ? pld tanking ? killing mobs ? killing roots ? sleep & nuke ? kill mobs one at a time ? (solo?)
By itchi508 2013-07-19 13:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

With 3 blms u can clear cirdas I in 15 min. Pull hole rooms Thundaja dead. I have no delve gear for blm & i do 4k thundaja 3k blizzaja. Which can kill a hole room myself. So i can see a delve blm 1 shotting them.just enter with 3-6 blms its fast and easy.
By Pantafernando 2013-07-19 13:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

In colonition, one of the best way to get bayld is using garuda (i think) and spamming aoe cures.
Seems like bayld is related to dmg dealt and cures. I really dont know if enfeebling or tanking provide any bayld, but would say that no.
By Pantafernando 2013-07-19 13:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So like 20k per hour? Pretty nice. Thnks.
By itchi508 2013-07-19 13:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
In colonition, one of the best way to get bayld is using garuda (i think) and spamming aoe cures.
Seems like bayld is related to dmg dealt and cures. I really dont know if enfeebling or tanking provide any bayld, but would say that no.
Garuda or levi, in WKR between Bloodpacts & spring water/whispering wind i walk out with 28k-32k bayld back. Its very effective way to farm any reive.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2013-07-19 13:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You won't get as much on a DD job without at least the basic delve weapons to increase the dmg output.

Easy ways are farm bloodthread from Dermites and trade them in to Inventor's Col, do the supply runs from Courier Col.

It is going to be hard and slow at first but it gets better once you get better weapons.

I average 4-5k on Rng/Dnc with Illapa and Delve bolts spamming Barrage and Last Stand vs monsters in reives in ceizak.
 Fenrir.Jarrin
Server: Fenrir
user: Jarrin
By Fenrir.Jarrin 2013-07-19 13:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you happen to have blm, go to morimar and stand off to the side. spam waterga 1 on the rocks and aspir as needed. kill mobs if you get a link then go back to the rocks. 4k+ each time solo

dont use -ja spells, just spam waterga 1.
By Chyula 2013-07-19 13:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Skirmish cird. cave one, 5k-7k per 1 minute run depend on quality of the Feet item. 6 ppl buying KI come out 30k+ for no longer than 10 minutes.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-19 13:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
With 3 blms u can clear cirdas I in 15 min. Pull hole rooms Thundaja dead. I have no delve gear for blm & i do 4k thundaja 3k blizzaja. Which can kill a hole room myself. So i can see a delve blm 1 shotting them.just enter with 3-6 blms its fast and easy.

Hmmm. I am gonna have to try this I have tons of skirmish items collecting dust...
By Pantafernando 2013-07-19 13:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

K. Buying pieces today.
In bahamut who want to join, gather together.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-19 14:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

seems like I might have to dust off my SMN, its ok geared with aby content, but the magic skill is still quite under. That could be the perfect excuse to skill it up.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-19 14:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Taerra said: »
seems like I might have to dust off my SMN, its ok geared with aby content, but the magic skill is still quite under. That could be the perfect excuse to skill it up.

Yeah in Wilds smn just using carby healing ruby II everytime its up was easy to cap lol. I really need to get my mule all the avatars one day >.> lol it was shock squall duty only lol....
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2013-07-22 01:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
Skirmish cird. cave one, 5k-7k per 1 minute run depend on quality of the Feet item. 6 ppl buying KI come out 30k+ for no longer than 10 minutes.

This is the best answer if you need a large amount of Bayld and you need it quickly. In case people don't understand this, you are not fighting anything or attempting to clear objectives. You just find the Noetic Ascension, click on it to get 5k bayld, then use your Farewell Firefly to exit. The Noetic Ascension DOES show up on widescan, so have someone come BST or RNG. Everyone else can just sit at the beginning while one person runs to the N.A. Get 6 people together, everyone brings a pop, boom...30k bayld in 10-15 minutes.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jurges
Server: Phoenix
user: Jurges
By Phoenix.Jurges 2013-07-22 11:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for jacking up the prices on my server. Why can't people keep things to themselves. It was good while it lasted, but as always, there's always a few that will ruin it. You guys are brilliant.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-07-22 11:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jurges said: »
Thanks for jacking up the prices on my server. Why can't people keep things to themselves. It was good while it lasted, but as always, there's always a few that will ruin it. You guys are brilliant.

Oh no the big *** secret that only you can reap the benefits from has been let out the bag. Boo hoo.
[+]
 Siren.Taruina
Server: Siren
user: zerich
By Siren.Taruina 2013-07-22 11:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Turn in your coalition assignments.
By Pantafernando 2013-07-22 11:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Share with us the efficient way to farm simulacrum parts and maybe the prices will start to fall.
 Siren.Taruina
Server: Siren
user: zerich
By Siren.Taruina 2013-07-22 12:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Share with us the efficient way to farm simulacrum parts and maybe the prices will start to fall.

Check the price histories of the Faithful's pieces back in May. Make your deductions after.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-07-22 14:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Baconfat said: »
Chyula said: »
This is the best answer if you need a large amount of Bayld and you need it quickly. In case people don't understand this, you are not fighting anything or attempting to clear objectives. You just find the Noetic Ascension, click on it to get 5k bayld, then use your Farewell Firefly to exit. The Noetic Ascension DOES show up on widescan, so have someone come BST or RNG. Everyone else can just sit at the beginning while one person runs to the N.A. Get 6 people together, everyone brings a pop, boom...30k bayld in 10-15 minutes.
I know yall are trying to help but you just did more harm than good.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-07-22 14:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jarrin
Server: Fenrir
user: Jarrin
By Fenrir.Jarrin 2013-07-22 14:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If this was a surprise, and you feel bad about this being posted because you dont want the price of parts to increase, your server has bigger issues than bayld farming sorry to say.

This is common knowledge guys come-on...

If the people on your server didn't know this by now, something is seriously wrong with your server and it might be time to think about moving on.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2013-07-22 14:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
I know yall are trying to help but you just did more harm than good.

Didn't do harm to those of us who are getting rich selling Skirmish pop items!
[+]
First Page 2