BST Best Delve Dd Now ?!?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST best delve dd now ?!?
BST best delve dd now ?!?
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-07-08 22:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm a bandwagon dd at heart, was bored, played with the new axe and gear set for bst, and w/o pet, with KE up, I have bst in this gear set above every other dd!

I'm horrible and I know nothing about bst outside that it can keep KE 3min20 with a 4min10 recast ?

Anyway here are the set(there are most likely set that could give pet haste, but again I know nothing about bst!):

buff: marchX2/minX2 boost str, haste samba(/dnc), sam/chaos/fighter/hunter roll/ Killer effect.

Tp
ItemSet 307367

WS (spreadsheet say ruinator average: 7803 lol)
ItemSet 307368

On delve fodder, mekira active day this set say 1333 dps w/o including pet dmg, and bst haste samba/killer aoe effect make pretty much every dd better!

This is assuming skill give nothing but acc/att but the way they worded it, it give something different, so those set might be event better!

edit: in case this wasn't clear, this is offhanding the new axe!
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-08 22:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

would think that provided you can do enough damage to reliably clear, you'd benefit more from defensive improvements than offensive

unless you're talking about no-NM runs but lol
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-07-08 23:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Your jugs would be 2k each and in most pick up farming runs that would make it absolutely terrible.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-07-08 23:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
would think that provided you can do enough damage to reliably clear, you'd benefit more from defensive improvements than offensive

unless you're talking about no-NM runs but lol

Oh I overlooked that it also give dt on effect that sounds even more awesome O.O, am I missing something very obvious? I really never looked into anything bst since like 2005? Does killer effect dt stuff goes over pdt/mdt cap?

We stun lock everything and it got really boring after a while, so just looking into more stuff to keep thing interesting lol
 Asura.Yomisha
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2013-07-08 23:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

lolbst
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2013-07-08 23:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Decimus said: »
Your jugs would be 2k each and in most pick up farming runs that would make it absolutely terrible.

Why would you even want to use the plasm jug? I messed around with it earlier, and it's damage output is worse than a standard thf or war pet, and it's physical survivability significantly worse than a thf jug.

Either SE is really HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or it's simply a novelty/throwback to CC. Or both.
[+]
 Asura.Kreed
user: d34dsouls
By Asura.Kreed 2013-07-08 23:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Um.. Bump
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2013-07-09 00:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep hearing ppl say the new jugs suck, but were those jugs called with a mainhand axe higher than lvl 99? (113 with plasm axe) Maybe it's really obvious but no one has said anything other than "new jugs suck"
By Mavrickx 2013-07-09 07:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cziella said: »
I keep hearing ppl say the new jugs suck, but were those jugs called with a mainhand axe higher than lvl 99? (113 with plasm axe) Maybe it's really obvious but no one has said anything other than "new jugs suck"

Well I have tried 3/4 of the new jugs and yes... they do suck... compared to your other jugs...

Here are my observations.

All pets that would naturally cap over 99 will benefit from Main hand weapons with the "Item Level" text. So lizard, Slug, Tiger would have their attributes increased while Sheep would not. (Even though SE said it was possible). Its easy to tell if your pet attributes are being boosted by main had weapon by check for changes in HP.

For example, If you call tiger pet with a lv 99 Axe equipped and change to something like Brethren Axe (Item Lv 113), you'll notice that your pet's HP drops from 100% to 99% because brethren axe caused their Max HP to raise. You can also tell in battle, as the damage increase is quite noticeable. A pet like Sheep however does not benefit from Brethren Axe since they presumably cap out at about level ~96 with full BA merits.

With Brethren Axe equipped, Tiger jug was hitting T monsters in jungle for 200~270, and criticals were 350~500. He also had notable evasion. I'm guessing Brethren Axe effectively made tiger (and all other applicable jugs) level 113 which is okay I guess but no where near as big a boost in performance as PUP's Alternator. I would assume that the Axe from Bee boss (Item Level 119) would cause pets to gain attributes equivalent to a lv 119 pet.

Damage scales down notably on IT monsters from the new zones but pets are still strong enough to hold hate and maintain a consistent hit rate.

Now the new jug pets.
2 of them are crabs... they have the same useless abilities... CC is slightly stronger but no way is he worth 24,000 #$%^ing paslm per stack... He is good at tanking, but we already have so many water based tanking pets that are cheaper and have better abilities/traits.... IE Leech, Slug, Adamantoise. I don't see the point in these Crab jugs at all.

The New Rabbit pet (Brown Rabbit) is not horrible, but as a DD pet he still falls behind Tiger effectively making him useless as he they are both Beast type and rabbit is lacking Wild Carrot.

On a more depressing note...
While Slug and Lizard pets do benefit from Brethren Axe, they still cannot consistently land their debuffs on Delve NMs.
[+]
By Heimdel 2013-07-09 07:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Mavrickx said: »

Well I have tried 3/4 of the new jugs and yes... they do suck... compared to your other jugs...

All pets that would naturally cap over 99 will benefit from Main hand weapons with the "Item Level" text. So lizard, Slug, Tiger would have their attributes increased while Sheep would not. (Even though SE said it was possible). Its easy to tell if your pet attributes are being boosted by main had weapon by check for changes in HP.

For example, If you call tiger pet with a lv 99 Axe equipped and change to something like Brethren Axe (Item Lv 113), you'll notice that your pet's HP drops from 100% to 99% because brethren axe caused their Max HP to raise. You can also tell in battle, as the damage increase is quite noticeable. A pet like Sheep however does not benefit from Brethren Axe since they presumably cap out at about level ~96 with full BA merits.

With Brethren Axe equipped, Tiger jug was hitting T monsters in jungle for 200~270, and criticals were 350~500. He also had notable evasion. I'm guessing Brethren Axe effectively made tiger (and all other applicable jugs) level 113 which is okay I guess but no where near as big a boost in performance as PUP's Alternator. I would assume that the Axe from Bee boss (Item Level 119) would cause pets to gain attributes equivalent to a lv 119 pet.

Damage scales down notably on IT monsters from the new zones but pets are still strong enough to hold hate and maintain a consistent hit rate.

Now the new jug pets.
2 of them are crabs... they have the same useless abilities... CC is slightly stronger but no way is he worth 24,000 #$%^ing paslm per stack... He is good at tanking, but we already have so many water based tanking pets that are cheaper and have better abilities/traits.... IE Leech, Slug, Adamantoise. I don't see the point in these Crab jugs at all.

The New Rabbit pet (Brown Rabbit) is not horrible, but as a DD pet he still falls behind Tiger effectively making him useless as he they are both Beast type and rabbit is lacking Wild Carrot.

While Slug and Lizard pets do benefit from Brethren Axe, they still cannot consistently land their debuffs on Delve NMs.

As far as the sheep goes doesn't augmented relic+2 hands raise ts level to 99 if worn when called. Or at least this is what the description of the effect seems to say (depending which site you read it on)

Edit: oh and the crabs are probably as much a sentimental pet as anythign for back to the days of CC being the fav one. ( still miss using him)
 Fenrir.Genesi
Server: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-07-09 08:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
Mavrickx said: »

Now the new jug pets.

As far as the sheep goes doesn't augmented relic+2 hands raise ts level to 99 if worn when called. Or at least this is what the description of the effect seems to say (depending which site you read it on)

Edit: oh and the crabs are probably as much a sentimental pet as anythign for back to the days of CC being the fav one. ( still miss using him)

+1 level per merit with augmented Monster Gloves +2.
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2013-07-09 10:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That is correct. However when you augment the Gloves through Dynamis Trials it gains a "Beast Affinty" effect (Raises the level of called Jug pets). The fully Augmented Gloves raise called Jug Pets one level per Merit in BST's 2nd merit group choice "Beast Affinty".
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-07-09 10:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares about pet when their only use is giving you the Killer effect, and eventually some debuff !
 Fenrir.Dawntreader
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Dawntreader 2013-07-09 10:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You can cuddle and play fetch with them too.
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2013-07-09 12:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

@Mavrickx, thanks that's what I wanted to read/hear other than the "new pets suck" line.
By Sieha1 2013-07-09 16:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yomisha said: »
heubst

qft
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-07-09 16:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested the Chapuli pet?
 Bahamut.Sparkit
Server: Bahamut
user: Sparkit
By Bahamut.Sparkit 2013-07-09 22:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Attaxia said: »
That is correct. However when you augment the Gloves through Dynamis Trials it gains a "Beast Affinty" effect (Raises the level of called Jug pets). The fully Augmented Gloves raise called Jug Pets one level per Merit in BST's 2nd merit group choice "Beast Affinty".

For whatever reason I completely ignored this augment and now must work on it pronto. Does it work accordingly > with 113 delve axe and 5/5 merits + augmented gloves (appropriate) pet will be 118?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-07-09 23:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone seen Mandragora Sprout drop anywhere yet?
By behemuthxero 2013-07-09 23:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sparkit said: »
Siren.Attaxia said: »

For whatever reason I completely ignored this augment and now must work on it pronto. Does it work accordingly > with 113 delve axe and 5/5 merits + augmented gloves (appropriate) pet will be 118?

This is what I am confused about. According to the patch notes:

If at or below level 99: PC’s Level + the pet’s maximum level
If over level 99: Main weapon item level + the pet’s maximum level

* The internal level will still be level 99, but the pet's stats will be raised.
* If the main weapon is switched out when a pet is active, the increased stats will change based on the new main weapon.
The effects of the “Beast Affinity” job trait earned through merit points will now apply even above level 99. The following pets have the possibility of being greater than level 99.

So using their "formula"

Delve axe = 113
Pet max level = 99 + 15 (max merits w/ Relic +2) = 114

=>

113 (item level) + 114 (max pet level) = 227

So falcorr is level 227 in stats now? Or is this some failure on my part to read and add correctly?

Edit for quote fail...
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2013-07-10 03:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The Version Update notes are worded in a very confusing manner.

Quote:
Reference attributes when calling pets over level 99 have been changed.
If at or below level 99: PC’s Level + the pet’s maximum level

There have always been two deciding factors when using Call Beast to determine a jug pet's level (they call them "Reference Attributes" in the VU notes) - your character's level (up to level 99 and now 100+ due to Item Level), and the jug pet's innate level cap (varies based on which jug pet we're referring to).

They're merely trying to state that your Main weapon's item level replaces the "PC level" when determining the ultimate maximum that a jug pet can be. Hope that clears it up.

Edit: Their use of the "+" sign in this instance is meant as "and".
[+]
 Asura.Bitesized
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2013-07-11 12:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Do merits in beast affinity seem to be required to take the pet level higher or just a high level main handed axe by itself? That is, for pets that previously capped at 99.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2013-07-11 18:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Beast Affinity merits are required to raise the cap. If you have an iLvl 100+ weapon, but 0/5 Beast Affinity, you'll still end up with level 99 Yuly, Merle, Falcorr, etc etc.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
Server: Carbuncle
user: lselvio
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2013-07-14 19:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So I am still confused, can someone break it down for slow people like me?

A) 99 BST + 5/5 affinity + falcorr = what level?

B) 99 BST + 5/5 affinity + falcorr + item level 100 axe = what level?

I don't have the augmented relic gloves. But my understanding is that
A = level 198 and B = level 199?
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-07-14 19:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a great understanding of the system, but no, pet level is nowhere near 198 or something. That'd just be insane.

Wildkeeper axe(Icoyaca?) + 4/5 Affinity + NQ relic gloves Falcorr was getting his *** kicked by an IT Velkk still.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2013-07-14 19:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Vermithrax said: »
So I am still confused, can someone break it down for slow people like me?

A) 99 BST + 5/5 affinity + falcorr = what level?

B) 99 BST + 5/5 affinity + falcorr + item level 100 axe = what level?

I don't have the augmented relic gloves. But my understanding is that
A = level 198 and B = level 199?
I don't know where you're getting 198 and 199, but basically, it's treating the item level of your main hand weapon as your level when you pop your pet. So if you have a level 113 axe, your pet can go up to 113, instead of only going up to 99. And it should be noted that it's not literally raising their level (a "level 100" pet would not be affected by Level 5 Petrify, for example), it's just raising their stats to what they'd be at that level. Which is nice, since it doesn't affect your exp. :P
[+]
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
Server: Carbuncle
user: lselvio
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2013-07-14 20:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, that is what I was missing, my level or the item level determines the pet's max level, I was reading it as an additive equation.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sparkit
Server: Bahamut
user: Sparkit
By Bahamut.Sparkit 2013-07-15 05:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I have no numbers to say but testing with falcor I would laugh if it was 199+. The plasm crab could take on the velks in Marjami without too much trouble, 2-3 rewards and about 20-30% health remaining. They were conning IT which leads me to believe that pets are capping around initial estimates of [let' say to be safe] between 110 to 120 depending on weapon/merits. I am sure on low level fodder you can see the difference in damage, but expect to be majorly disappointed by the new pets (especially plasm crab) and know that you are still no Alternator PUP.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [103 days between previous and next post]
By naterboehm 2013-10-25 21:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey fellow BST's. Looking for some experts to rain in on a .xml spellcast file for my BST. The .xml structure I'm using here is credited to Sithel on pastebin. The .xml itself I understand about 80% of it. Looks great, and I'd like to use, especially for tackling the weapon swaps for reward in different situations. My current issue, is that my brain is dead, and I'm not sure what to input into my macros to get this .xml to function properly. For example: when using call beast do I input:

//sc var set JugPet dippy
/ja Trigger3
/ja "Call Beast" <me>

Not sure here. Same question goes for reward, is it:

//sc var set PetFood Eta
/ja Trigger4
/ja "Reward" <me>

Or am I completely off with those ideas (Sithel didn't really specify how to set macros up using the variables and toggles he created here .... and I'm just not savvy enough).

Here's the .xml at pastebin. Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://pastebin.com/kGBSALa4

(Originally wanted to post this on BG's spellcast help page where they ask to link your pastebin, but after making a profile there, you can't input links into posts as a new user, so I'm hoping for help here)