4 ideas
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-08 17:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Yeah, plus, I wanted to play an Elvaan. Who wants to stare at a male elvaan for years? God they look HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE... >.<
</3
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 17:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Yeah, plus, I wanted to play an Elvaan. Who wants to stare at a male elvaan for years? God they look HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE... >.<
</3

Sorry player, I don't judge you by your character model tho ^^
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-08 17:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Caiyuo said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
</3

Sorry player, I don't judge you by your character model tho ^^
But I think elf doodz and ladies are super sexy alike! Have you not seen my screenshot submissions? I'm obviously in love with myself. D:
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-08 17:12:59
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I really would like to hear from someone that is against Windower.

This game would be a little more enjoyable if they did have a party chat. I wouldn't talk much unless it's with friends though.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 17:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
But I think elf doodz and ladies are super sexy alike! Have you not seen my screenshot submissions? I'm obviously in love with myself. D:

I dunno, I just can't get past the male elvaan ***. I have an elvaan male mule, and looking at his tight undies hugging his buttocks as I traipse him all over jeuno makes me feel like less of a man... ; ;
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 17:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Have you done the registry edits for the PC version? The game looks awesome if you configure it right...

No and nor will I. I'm not fond of tweaking something that works just fine for me.

Dude, it's totally harmless, and the only person you're cheating by not doing it is yourself. Your just doubling the texture buffer, that's it.

Your choice, obviously, but it's literally a 2 second edit that hurts NOTHING and makes the game look fantastic. The only reason that it's not built in is because at the time SE made it according to the hardware of the day. Resident Evil III for the PC is exactly the same way...
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-08 17:18:57
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

0.0 still not.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 17:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:
0.0 still not.

Don't care. It's your loss LOL
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-09 02:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

To the OP, windower stuff incorporated is a must IMO, because if they don't incorporate it, someone will just make another windower that will.

Complete OSD customisation would also be very, very much appreciated.

Voice anything, no thanks. Voice activated spells would make the game too damn easy if they worked, and fricking annoying to play whether they worked or not.

And no, I don't want to hear pissy little 12 year olds bitching at me over voice chat. Thankfully voice chat doesn't work so well in a game that doesn't have localised servers.
 Asura.Kuji
Server: Asura
user: Kuji88
By Asura.Kuji 2009-07-09 04:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

to Alexander Ovechk cough cough cough i mean Blazza: I hear you on the 12 yr old rampages but of course it would be /p /ls only or something like that. I heard that we get transfer one of our jobs to 14- theres no way that is true....right
 Ramuh.Xanathos
Server: Ramuh
user: xanathos
By Ramuh.Xanathos 2009-07-09 04:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Shua said:
Needless to say SE does have a "lolwindower". But for anyone who has ever used it... It comes with alot of lag, when you try to switch from window to window. And its still not as great as people make it out to be.

I still to this day don't understand the bitching about lag with the official windower. Every single person I know that plays with the windowed mode on a PC has never had a problem with lag whatsoever strictly because of it.

Seriously, what are you guys playing on, P3 800 Mhz machines or something? My 1.6 GhZ Athalon XP, with 512 MB of RAM, handled windowed mode just fine... >.>

the "lag problem" w/ the 11-19-08 official windower is b/c SE, in all its brilliance & aptitude, built their windower with a fatal flaw. when u alt-tab with the official windower, it allows ur system to automatically set ur game interface to 'low priority' & give higher mem allocation to whatever u alt-tab to. which, i suppose would be ok...except SE's windower does NOT reset the interface's allocation when u alt-tab back to it.

this is y ppl that use the official windower experience lag issues. this is a commonly known problem, and has even been addressed by SE.

all unofficial windower versions higher than 3.4 have come packaged with a plugin called Priority, that remedies this issue for the unofficial windower. doesnt matter how many apps u r running or how many times u alt-tab, Priority will ensure that the unofficial windower remains 'high priority'.

/em gives windower.net YET ANOTHER point versus SE.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-09 10:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Kuji said:
to Alexander Ovechk cough cough cough i mean Blazza: I hear you on the 12 yr old rampages but of course it would be /p /ls only or something like that. I heard that we get transfer one of our jobs to 14- theres no way that is true....right

Eh, I'll stick with running skype in the back-ground. I'd rather type most of the time anyway, rather than having to come up with an excuse for not wanting to use voice chat.

Also, that's not true, they've specifically said there will be no character transfers, but they're working on a way to allow you to keep your name, and your /flist will also carry over even though it will NOT be using POL. And yes, that does mean that you'll be able to communicate with your friends who are still playing FFXI while you're playing FFXIV.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-09 10:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Xanathos said:
the "lag problem" w/ the 11-19-08 official windower is b/c SE, in all its brilliance & aptitude, built their windower with a fatal flaw. when u alt-tab with the official windower, it allows ur system to automatically set ur game interface to 'low priority' & give higher mem allocation to whatever u alt-tab to. which, i suppose would be ok...except SE's windower does NOT reset the interface's allocation when u alt-tab back to it.

this is y ppl that use the official windower experience lag issues. this is a commonly known problem, and has even been addressed by SE.

all unofficial windower versions higher than 3.4 have come packaged with a plugin called Priority, that remedies this issue for the unofficial windower. doesnt matter how many apps u r running or how many times u alt-tab, Priority will ensure that the unofficial windower remains 'high priority'.

/em gives windower.net YET ANOTHER point versus SE.

I alt tabbed ALL THE TIME with the official windower on my main PC before I got dual monitors, and continue to ALT-TAB all the time on my Laptop. Never had a lag issue.

I understand the reason, but I guess me and all my friends are just lucky, since none of us ever have issues, on Laptops or Desktops of wildly different builds. Either that, or a tiny little hiccup in the game doesn't freak us out and make us rage when switching windows, and that's the "lag" everyone's freaking out about...

Really, if you're doing something important, can't a person put the IM programs, facebook, and email aside for 10 minutes until the task at hand is done?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-09 11:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the point of windower though, why should you have to put those aside? The unofficial windower doesn't work on my laptop, so I tried the official one and it failed bad. My laptop is decent for what I paid, but I didn't pay much. It runs FFXI reasonably well, but with the official windower it was pretty much unusable, and that's without ANY other applications running. My point: unofficial windower is going to give better performance than unofficial windower on low end computers, and you may be surprised how many people play on low-end computers.