Getting The Trigger Buttons To Work!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Getting the trigger buttons to work!
Getting the trigger buttons to work!
 Valefor.Dankx
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Knispo
By Valefor.Dankx 2013-06-15 22:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I was told i could use a wireless 360 controller with the PC adaptor, and download a 3rd PT client to get triggers working. Is this so? If indeed it's true, what is the best client? HELP PLZ! thanks
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-06-19 04:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i was unable to find the link but if you install those drivers for your wireless pad, you lose Xinput drivers. need to consider if it is worth it. I have found a way around this by making my wired pad xinput and the wireless hacked drivers. if you still want them, send me a PM with your email address and ill mail it to you.
By Eijii 2013-06-19 04:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been using Motionjoy for years. works out for me.. try it out.
By Jetackuu 2013-06-19 05:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

the only tool I know of is a JP variant of XBCD, never did get it to install, haven't tried in months.

edit: well never tried motioninjoy w/ 360 controller, only ps3.
 Fenrir.Kuraiakuba
Server: Fenrir
user: DARKH0RSE
By Fenrir.Kuraiakuba 2013-06-19 05:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You can use joy2key, which basically assigns the buttons of your joypad, to whichever keys on the keyboard you want.
I've been using this for years, works fine with trigger buttons.

Edit: I'm using Windows 7, with the standard windows driver for wireless pad and wireless receiver. If you use joy2key then it really doesn't matter about FFXI joypad config or whether it recognises triggers; as you are basically programming your joypad to act as keyboard presses.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rentwokay
user: Rentwokay
By Bismarck.Rentwokay 2013-06-19 11:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I did the third-party drivers thing for years and finally got sick of all the driver voodoo as my PC games library began to grow.

A few months ago, I ended up buying a Logitech F710, which has a switch between the shoulder buttons that quickly and easily switches between legacy modes (for FFXI) and modern modes (for Xbox 360 Controller for Windows support).

It's not a free solution, but it's worked very well for me.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-06-19 11:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

First off, the last I researched, which was a month ago, there is NO signed driver for the wireless pads that enable the triggers natively. From he many threads i had read, his is due to SE programming FFXI to only allow pressure sensitive inputs from the motion and camera inputs.

To get aroun this, I was using the JP driver found here, Wireless 360 driver for a while.

The translated text file is hard to understand. But basically you need to save the driver to your PC, update the driver under Device Manager on your PC and do a manual search, and manully selecting the driver you downloaded.

Again, this is an unsigned driver. This isn't a big issue with Windows XP. However, if you are running windows 7 (and maybe Vista, not sure), you will need to restart your computer, and hit F-8 during startup to bring up the Advanced Boot Options screen, seen Here and select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement. Then start windows as normal. Once that's done, run the normal FFXI config and assign the buttons as normal.

Caution though. If you are planning on playing FFXiV, this driver will not work, because SE programmed the game to accept the normal driver data. The camera was not functional with the unsigned driver, as well as the triggers. This is why I don't use this driver now. I just remapped the macros to different buttons.