New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Melee gloves
Melee gloves
By Corfios 2013-06-13 03:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hiya there,
Just looking for some advice and some help in trying to get my gloves for my monk. So I've done a few runs in dynamis - quifim the last few days and unfortunately have not got my hands on these awesome gloves. I'm going in as bst/dnc with falcor out. I have dnc/thf or thf/dnc level'd but its not very effective as far as damage output goes. So I was wondering a couple things.
1.) Do the TE's effect gear drop rates? Sometimes I don't feel like doing a 2 hour run and just want to enter dynamis, start killing things for an hour and log.
2.) Any specific enemies I should be killing?
Any help regarding dynamis armor drops would be much appreciated. Thanks!
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-13 03:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Corfios said: »
Do the TE's effect gear drop rates?

As far as I know, they do not.

Any specific enemies I should be killing?

Beastmen. Nightmare monsters only drop -1s and accessories. After that it's all up to the dice roll. The rule is that the piece you're looking for never drops until every other piece drops at least 3 times. If you are purely looking for relic drops I'd go to city instead (Jeuno in this case).
[+]
By Corfios 2013-06-13 03:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you very much!
 Carbuncle.Chibiclone
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Chibiclone 2013-06-13 04:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
The rule is that the piece you're looking for never drops until every other piece drops at least 3 times.

Or they drop when you have under a minute left on a full 2 hour run, giving you just enough time to lot and wipe your forehead
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-13 04:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Do the TE's effect gear drop rates?

As far as I know, they do not.

Edit: I thought I remember reading somewhere that TE did effect gear drops but after a quick search I couldnt find what I was looking for and im too lazy to keep looking.
By MaieuticOne 2013-06-13 04:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If I remember correctly you want Yellow procs instead of Red and Blue if after armor in Dynamis now.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.