Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Puzzled
Puzzled
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: lselvio
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2013-06-12 09:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

My buddy can go on bst/dnc and solo ~150 coins, we went duo yesterday as thf/dnc and dnc/XXX and only got about 180. If I change to blu/dnc, losing the chance at white proc, to increase kill speed to allow him to stay thf for TH will that increase our drops?

whm/blm/rdm/brd/dnc/blu are my jobs

he basically has all the melee jobs leveled/geared
 Fenrir.Genesi
Server: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-06-12 10:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

BST + DNC. /endThread
 Lakshmi.Mithradee
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mithradee
By Lakshmi.Mithradee 2013-06-12 10:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Genesi said: »
BST + DNC. /endThread

Edit: This is probably your best option just try to kill faster.
By Spiraboo 2013-06-12 12:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This sounds very low for your setup. If you've only tried this once then do a few more before you think about changing, maybe you just had an unlucky run! :)

I often go with thf/dnc and dnc/xxx and we average around 300 if no white procs. Only time we do below 200 is if we wasted a lot of time on mistakes or the zone is too crowded so not enough mobs are around. Thf had decent gear but no empy dagger back then... now we do a bit better with empy dagger and some NNI gear.

I guess another question is, what is your farming strategy? As dnc/xxx, all I ever do is pull -> proc -> pull -> proc (unless there are 3 staggered mobs at camp then i stay and kill 1-2 before i go pull again). Thf kills the stuff I left staggered at camp, if there is no mob at camp then he pulls one as well to proc it, if mine is proced before his then we switch target. Kill speed shouldn't be miserable provided your thf is well equipped and utilises Sneak attack during stagger. My TP is mainly used for healing or ws off the mob thf is engaged on. This has worked very well for us and my dnc is very very gimp (it's only ever used as a dynamis proc machine so it only gets to wear my nin gear that dnc can wear, or generic random gear i find in my storage i.e. aby junk or vw junk). If you can kidnap a 2H E/R/M/D DD to help kill speed it will help immensely - at which point we average around 450-500 coins with no whitey, record is 700 coins with 2 white procs~

I don't think blu/dnc is the answer. From my experience, thf and dnc work very well together. But there's of course no harm in experimenting and see what works best for you and your partner :) I don't believe BST is the best job in dynamis if you're not soloing, but I am probably a minority here.

edit: Another thing is where are you farming and what are you killing? If you are killing things that are miles away from each other you might want to consider changing targets to reduce the amount of down time you have of walking from one place to another.
 Fenrir.Genesi
Server: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-06-12 12:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiraboo said: »
I don't believe BST is the best job in dynamis if you're not soloing, but I am probably a minority here.

Pet+Delve Axe+Ruinator+Fodder. And considering pet output vs fodder mobs, you are practically looking at two DD for the price of one WITH a tank (pet) included to allow the master to use TP on procs/WS instead of self cures. BST truly reigns supreme in dynamis.

Bringing in a DNC/XXX to pull and handle procs is just more icing on an already delicious cake.
 Carbuncle.Vermithrax
Server: Carbuncle
user: lselvio
By Carbuncle.Vermithrax 2013-06-18 16:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

We were killing EP nightmare mobs, rotating birds/efts/dhamels. We were also mostly fighting separate mobs thinking more mobs was better. We could try dnc pulling -> proc -> pull while the thf kills. Just concerned about leaving the thf standing off to the side until i got the mob staggered.