Link | Quote | Reply

Purple needs to be on the main page
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-10 23:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what to think. FFXV was a spectacle, but that's my problem with modern shooters, they're usually just spectacle with rails guiding you from setpiece to setpiece.

Also looks a little too much like 8. Trying to ground it more in "Realism" but still with summons and ***. Then again, 12 didn't even have summons, all the Avatars/Espers were just airships (Which I thought was actually kind of cool)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Blazer
Server: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2013-06-10 23:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wish they kept this as an "off the number" type FF game. All the FF games are RTB games in one way or another. This game seems like an action game, albeit a very awesome looking one.
[+]
 Shiva.Socrates
Server: Shiva
user: socratess
By Shiva.Socrates 2013-06-10 23:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Not sure what to think. FFXV was a spectacle, but that's my problem with modern shooters, they're usually just spectacle with rails guiding you from setpiece to setpiece.

Also looks a little too much like 8. Trying to ground it more in "Realism" but still with summons and ***. Then again, 12 didn't even have summons, all the Avatars/Espers were just airships (Which I thought was actually kind of cool)

12 was one of my definite favorites. this one seems to be too modern of a spin of the FF series. As blazer said, i think an off number would be best for this one. It seems like too much of the action not enough of the RPG
[+]
By Dantedmc 2013-06-10 23:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

TBH I don't like this type of battle system for a main Final Fantasy. Maybe for a spin off or stand-alone game like KH, but this seems to actiony for a Final Fantasy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-06-10 23:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm willing to give it a chance but initial thoughts go to Dirge of Cerberus.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-06-10 23:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking forward to an actual demo and release date.
 Odin.Cyprias
user: Cyprias
By Odin.Cyprias 2013-06-10 23:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

More details are to come. So we'll probably see what's really under the hood soon.
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2013-06-10 23:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

if they don't change battle system to what we are use too im a pass on this 1
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-10 23:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
 Lakshmi.Deces
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2013-06-11 00:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like a copy of devil may cry to me.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-06-11 00:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

DoC's game play was ok i guess. It was diffrent then the usual which was nice. But it rly was the story alone that made that game. (and conenction to 7)

On a seperate note, 11 new content, 14 failure, 14 rerelease, 13-3 lightning returns, now 15... thats a lot oging on at once.

QUALITY OVER QUANITY!
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-06-11 00:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Then again, 12 didn't even have summons, all the Avatars/Espers were just airships (Which I thought was actually kind of cool)

Umm, what?
By Sins 2013-06-11 00:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any new info about Noctis possibly being a girl? I believe Nomura accidentally referred to Noctis as a 'her' in one of his tweets. Mistype or accidental slip of a plot twist?
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2013-06-11 00:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive me, I haven't played a Final Fantasy game since 12, but has it completely left the turn-based style behind?
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
Server: Ragnarok
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-06-11 00:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said: »
Forgive me, I haven't played a Final Fantasy game since 12, but has it completely left the turn-based style behind?
Hope not. Don't get me wrong, the 13 series is my favorite. The character growth was amazing, the story was unique, and the battles were tactical, but let's face it, we miss our roots.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-06-11 00:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Then again, 12 didn't even have summons, all the Avatars/Espers were just airships (Which I thought was actually kind of cool)

Umm, what?

Yeah... Zodiark says sup.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-11 00:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks like its going to play somewhat like Kingdom Hearts and maybe a change of pace is good? idk. Do you really want to play the same style of FF for 20+ years? I've played them all from the original on NES and I'm not opposed to them trying to mix it up.
 Cerberus.Evilpaul
Server: Cerberus
user: Evilpaul
By Cerberus.Evilpaul 2013-06-11 00:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

Umm, what?
I assume that he was referring to remotely useful Summons which 12 neglected to include the traditional Aeons/Eidolons in favor of the Lucavi from FF Tactics that the developers included in case players couldn't get a Game Over just using regular party members.

Sins said: »
Is there any new info about Noctis possibly being a girl? I believe Nomura accidentally referred to Noctis as a 'her' in one of his tweets. Mistype or accidental slip of a plot twist?
Nomura had previously mentioned a female named Stella on his dev journal. So it was probably just a reference to that.
 Asura.Silverware
Server: Asura
By Asura.Silverware 2013-06-11 00:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

13 left a bad taste in my mouth. Seeing this gives me some hope in terms of style. The sequences that looked like combat are up in the air for me. I really want the series to stay roughly planted in its turn based roots.

I'm fine with them making more action oriented games, if they are not really in-line with the main series games.

Sort of contradicting to that, I am still psyched for FF14 ARR. What I've played and seen of it shows a lot of promise. It is way more a traditional old-school style FF then any of these newer games which is why I'm fine with it having a main series number. Just the combat system is not quite turn based. Unfortunately I do believe it is kind of doomed to being seen as a mediocre game because all the hype around the current gameplay style of MMOs has kind of died. It'll be an awesome game, but nothing groundbreaking.
By Synria 2013-06-11 00:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So I wonder what FFXV Agni's Philosophy is going to be now.
By Enuyasha 2013-06-11 00:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
It looks like its going to play somewhat like Kingdom Hearts and maybe a change of pace is good? idk. Do you really want to play the same style of FF for 20+ years? I've played them all from the original on NES and I'm not opposed to them trying to mix it up.
I think a good free roaming non turn-based FF is a good way to go for the FF series. 12 was great with that system, but the AI needed to be more not player reliant to know common sense actions...or targeting mobs...at least in my experience. People dont like non turn-based FF's...But god if you can find a perfect mix between the wannabe RTS and the free roam battle systems that would be GREAT.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-06-11 00:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Synria said: »
So I wonder what FFXV Agni's Philosophy is going to be now.

Wasn't that just a test demo?
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2013-06-11 00:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Turn-based RPG's are my favourite and I attribute my declining interest in gaming to the lack of new said games. That's what Final Fantasy is, IMO.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-06-11 00:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoyed the turn based fighting imo. The FPS meatheads controlling the market nowdays though so I'm sure they have to appeal to action junkies :/
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-06-11 00:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

While I sort of prefer action-RPGs (Megaman Legends is one of my favorite games), I do think they should throw out some kind of turn-based RPG with a less realistic, cartoony (cell-shaded, maybe?) art direction to appease those that prefer that type of game.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-11 10:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm excited, I just hope this attempt at reality won't take away from the Final Fantasy feeling. I saw Leviathan and a Behemoth though, so here's to hope!
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-06-11 11:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I have decided I am nothing but SE's battered wife.

no matter how many times I get burnt, I am still dreaming about how fantastic 15 could be, & there's no way they'd hurt me again.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-11 11:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I have decided I am nothing but SE's battered wife.

no matter how many times I get burnt, I am still dreaming about how fantastic 15 could be, & there's no way they'd hurt me again.

You'll eventually learn that there's no way to cook the roast correctly.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 54 55 56