Old Timer Making A Glorified FFXI Comeback (kinda)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » Old timer making a glorified FFXI comeback (kinda)
Old timer making a glorified FFXI comeback (kinda)
 Shiva.Asierr
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: asierr
By Shiva.Asierr 2013-05-28 10:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey. So I woke up one day about a week and a half ago with an overwhelming urge to reboot my FFXI character which has been in retirement for a good 2+ years (whenever they raised the lvl cap to 80).

So far it's been fun to be back but man is this a different game, not all for the worse though - exping is no longer the grind it used to be which was one of my biggest fears. However I am finding myself a bit clueless in some aspects as to what I should be doing apart from getting my jobs back to scruff. I was part of the old Apathy LS (original killers of AV and Pandemonium Warden for you young ones) that moved to Shiva shortly after the server merge so I really don't know anyone on Shiva, according to my Friend List no one still plays or the few that still do are no longer on Shiva.

I'm not totally incompetent and my gear was pretty good back in the day, most all original salvage sets complete, Aegis shield, random stuff, etc - although I'm sure it's far outclassed now. But it's been a bit lonely since I have been back and have found it difficult to find people interested in doing things or even finding out what I should be doing without random shouting... Are there any other communities/linkshells of newly returned players on Shiva or just friendly somewhat event oriented LS on Shiva looking to take in an old returning player who can answer my newbie questions (like /yell is what you use to shout across multiple zones and not /shout) and whom I can participate in some of the new events or static group with for some of the fun lower man stuff I have read about?

I am pretty much a career mage with all magish jobs lvled and geared although I do have an Aegis PLD and some DD jobs too, fairly versatile you can say. Feel free to send me a PM here or message me in game when you are on. Would be nice to find a new group of players to re-experience FFXI with on Shiva
[+]
By Muhfuggah 2013-05-28 10:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome back and good luck to you sir
By Angeljcar 2013-05-28 11:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Asierr said: »
Hey. So I woke up one day about a week and a half ago with an overwhelming urge to reboot my FFXI character which has been in retirement for a good 2+ years (whenever they raised the lvl cap to 80).

So far it's been fun to be back but man is this a different game, not all for the worse though - exping is no longer the grind it used to be which was one of my biggest fears. However I am finding myself a bit clueless in some aspects as to what I should be doing apart from getting my jobs back to scruff. I was part of the old Apathy LS (original killers of AV and Pandemonium Warden for you young ones) that moved to Shiva shortly after the server merge so I really don't know anyone on Shiva, according to my Friend List no one still plays or the few that still do are no longer on Shiva.

I'm not totally incompetent and my gear was pretty good back in the day, most all original salvage sets complete, Aegis shield, random stuff, etc - although I'm sure it's far outclassed now. But it's been a bit lonely since I have been back and have found it difficult to find people interested in doing things or even finding out what I should be doing without random shouting... Are there any other communities/linkshells of newly returned players on Shiva or just friendly somewhat event oriented LS on Shiva looking to take in an old returning player who can answer my newbie questions (like /yell is what you use to shout across multiple zones and not /shout) and whom I can participate in some of the new events or static group with for some of the fun lower man stuff I have read about?

I am pretty much a career mage with all magish jobs lvled and geared although I do have an Aegis PLD and some DD jobs too, fairly versatile you can say. Feel free to send me a PM here or message me in game when you are on. Would be nice to find a new group of players to re-experience FFXI with on Shiva

It's a trap! Run !
 Shiva.Slynk
user: slynkee
By Shiva.Slynk 2013-05-29 21:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

A few people and myself started a new linkshell about a month or so ago to focus on the new adoulin content, we use mumble (chat program like vent/teamspeak) all the time and help out anyone that needs anything pre-adoulin. Have a few people with relics and emperyean weapons but everyone is nice and we have a lot of fun. If you need a linkshell we are always looking for more people.
[+]
 Deg
By Deg 2013-06-05 12:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You and i woke up with the same feeling...
 Shiva.Cybermario
By Shiva.Cybermario 2013-06-08 21:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome back to Seekers of Delve Online :3