By Phoenix.Amarok 2013-05-24 07:19:28
I get this on both of my systems, and they are quite different. one is Windows 8 64bit, and the other is Windows 7 32bit. The freeze usually happens on either gearcollector, spellcast or drawdistance (one of those will be the last red console text shown during startup).
On Wednesday it took me 3 tries to log one of my chars in, usually only happens once. I've noticed elsewhere people recommending you put a longer delay in the autoexec.ini or whatever it's called, but that value seems to get overwritten whenever you made a change from the Windower 4 gui again. Also loading all the plugins manually once you're in the game has been suggested as a fix, but that's too much hassle for me.
Probably just subjective, but I find it occurs more if I've got Chrome open with a bunch of website tabs, so maybe it's memory resource issue, total guess.
*edit* meant to say I've been having this problem for months, ever since W8 beta came out