Goodbye Everyone. Got Absolutely No Clue Why.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Goodbye everyone. Got absolutely no clue why.
Goodbye everyone. Got absolutely no clue why.
First Page 2
By Vividarium 2013-05-21 03:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Farewell everyone. After 8 years of playing SE decided to ban my account last friday.

I tried logging in as usual and got the message:

"This account has been banned due to violation of the Playonline or Final Fantasy XI agreements." yadda yadda yadda. (LM-17)

I got absolutely no idea why they banned me though. I dont buy/sell gil, I like to think im friendly to people and i hate cheating. I dont even involve myself in things I even "think" might be a violation.

Called the support line from SE. I have never talked to such rude people in my life!!! Got no answers as to why i was banned and now I'm beyond caring what happens now.

OK enough ranting.

Its been fun guys. Best of luck to Klunk, Zengzeng, Donner, Engelvondonner, Fizzyfu, Josiahfk, Isabeauhope, Dammo and everyone I have had the pleasure of playing with.

Vividarium. (aka Beniya, Livatan or Eluchardos)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-05-21 05:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to hear it , it blows cuz they just don't give a ***about ppl , all they care is Money and Fame.

but they forget the players are the ones that matter
By macsdf1 2013-05-21 09:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty bs. Should have gotten an email explaining what though sorta. Like 3rd party tools or billing or what?
Who knows maybe it's just an error.

But banning on first offense? doubt it. What did your email say.
 Bismarck.Vasch
user: heykojiro
By Bismarck.Vasch 2013-05-21 13:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The best course of action would be to call back and keep trying until you get a rep that will help. From what I can gather, LM-17 appears to be billing related.
By Muhfuggah 2013-05-21 13:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Vividarium said: »
Farewell I have never talked to such rude people in my life!!!

Yup, their customer service is terrible :/
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-05-21 13:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, not like you're going to miss much. You definitely won't experience anything as good as the last 8 years in this new FFXI.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-05-21 20:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

thats pretty bad, getting banned is the worst way to leave this game considering how much accounts are still going for.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-21 20:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't there a way to contest it? No that that wouldn't take forever but... still.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-05-21 20:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to see stuff like this happen if all is said and true.

{Take Care!}
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-05-21 20:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

LM-17 can be caused by a bank account issue. Did you recently cancel or change your credit card number?
By Vividarium 2013-05-22 02:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Vivi if someone gave you their account as a gift would you want to play again? Or are you completely done

No. The 45 mins phonecall with SE customer (non)support with my cellphone kinda destroyed my faith in SE doing the right thing for their customers.

Not to mention, i had a Mandau, Almace, Verethragna and all elemental nuking trial staves for my character. I spent at least 60 million gil on leveling smithing to level 104.

I spent months/years trying to do this. And was proud of this achievement. The new expantion makes it seem like I just wasted all this time for no results.

Also, I live in Europe. Bismarck is kinda dead in EU timeframe.

Bismarck.Diablosword said: »
LM-17 can be caused by a bank account issue. Did you recently cancel or change your credit card number?

Nope, I got a direct debit from my bank account. Has been like this for 6 years. Only thing that changed is my e-mail address last year. I updated that on the website accordingly. I didnt even receive an e-mail stating i was banned or for what reason. I had to find that out when i tried to log in to playonline.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2013-05-22 02:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i had a similar problem with Tera just last week where they banned 3 of my accounts for no given reason. i feel for your situation and i hope you enjoy what ever else you plan to pick up in the future.
 Bahamut.Genevie
user: Geneviee
By Bahamut.Genevie 2013-05-22 02:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

SE will give you a reason, they suspended an account given to me by someone because that someone contacted them 5 years later wanting it back.They told me after I called them at the centre asking why it had happened, just have to push push push for information.They said it would probably get banned because sharing accounts is not allowed.This after I had called them on the phone a few weeks after she had given it to me, and they said at that time it was all okay.Clearly violating their own rules apparently.
 Bismarck.Aselin
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2013-05-22 03:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The most unusual reason I've seen someone getting banned was a billing issue. It was posted back on the KillingIfrit forums or BlueGartr forums.

The player's bank did a chargeback on a billing error by SE. SE in turn banned the account a few days after the billing error and chargeback.
[+]
By bigdave1978 2013-05-22 03:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

my brother and his wife lost there accounts do to se double billing them and the bank refused to pay se again there costomer service has been horrible since 2004
By macsdf1 2013-05-22 03:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you should have gotten an email explaining why.
Likely its billing related, since no way they would ban you for cheating in game since you claim you don't cheat. You'd likely get warnings too before ban.

I guess you're just looking for an excuse to quit and drumming up attention. If you really cared you would call them and call them again like I would if this happened to me.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2013-05-22 09:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aselin said: »
The most unusual reason I've seen someone getting banned was a billing issue. It was posted back on the KillingIfrit forums or BlueGartr forums.

The player's bank did a chargeback on a billing error by SE. SE in turn banned the account a few days after the billing error and chargeback.

This happened pretty frequently when the billing changeover process happened. Seems idiotic that you can get banned for click&buy/your bank having issues. Unfortunately there has been plenty of documented cases however. Best thing I ever did was switch to crysta when they no longer allowed us to pay like we had since the beginning. Haven't had a single issue with billing since.
 Asura.Zanosuz
Server: Asura
user: zanosuz
By Asura.Zanosuz 2013-05-22 09:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the same thing this morning. It's billing related and ALL SE/Click and Buy Fault. They did a maintenance on Click and Buy at the same time my monthly billing was suppose to happen yesterday. So I got banned because of Problems with my Click & Buy Billing the email states. A barrel of monkeys could run this company better...
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-05-22 09:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you still care, it may benefit to contact the ultimatepay or w/e site that handles their billing etc. I got banned for 4 months because that site messed up and it wasnt until i directly contacted those people that i was able to come back. Billing errors seem to be the most common issue with people getting banned since they changed over from pol to SE accounts

from my ordeal:
Zero: [20:34] is there a phone number i can contact? also square enix said that you all would need my contact email or something to find the information to the account
PlaySpan Support: [20:35] Sure
[20:35] You can contact us at 1-800-207-4417 or 1-877-703-6339

hope it helps
By Muhfuggah 2013-05-22 09:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
I guess you're just looking for an excuse to quit and drumming up attention. If you really cared you would call them and call them again like I would if this happened to me.

I don't know Vividarium but to say something like this is flat out idiotic.

Dealing with a company that treats their customers with disrespect can quickly make the most dedicated player want to walk away. I know it's been said before - but if you called your bank and the customer service agent treated you the way Playonline handles people - that agent would probably be a) fired or b) retrained and on probation
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-05-22 09:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

im still unable to register my creditcard and its over 3 weeks since i contacted SE about it.

but al i get is no content ID errors message when i try to login
By Jetackuu 2013-05-22 09:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lol @clickandbuy

lol harder @SE's phone system...

I can't believe people still use either...
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-05-22 09:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Square will never tell you why you got banned or what got you banned because the information could be potentially used against them in future cases or users finding a loop hole to exploit something or whatever /tinfoilhat.
False.

In the huge majority of the case, it's the player banned who is an idiot. When you get a ban or even a warning, you receive an email explaining the punishment and why you got it. Now, if people don't check their mails, changed mail whatever, it's their fault.
I received an email for each of the sanction I have ever had and all of them featured a copy pasta when relevant (I even had my whole search comment copied, literally copy pasta). And the first email goes back to 2004.

I'm all for shitting on SE when they are ***, but in this specific case, OP is at fault. OP must know why he got banned and the support anyway will always be able to tell you why you were banned.

No sympathy for OP, if you got banned and cannot get it reversed you are at fault, 100%.
 Asura.Zanosuz
user: zanosuz
By Asura.Zanosuz 2013-05-22 10:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I contacted Click & Buy and got a Ticket # with everything SE Support would ask for, proving it was C&B maintenance down time that caused the Error. Then gave the # to SE Support and was back on with-in 15min of them fixing it. It's like Senkyuutai said..Check Your Email..it has an excuse why and how to resolve it.
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-05-22 10:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for any frustration you may be experiencing as a result of this, but enjoy the sunlight.

Don't forget that you may need this stuff from time to time as well.

By Caketime 2013-05-22 10:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was banned from the SE forums they sent at least 3 warnings politely asking that I stop shitposting before the hammer fell. I'd be willing to bet at least one taco there's a pile of mail in OP's spam folder relating to one or more incidents.
 Asura.Nanabi
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2013-05-22 10:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Valefor.Angierus said: »
Square will never tell you why you got banned or what got you banned because the information could be potentially used against them in future cases or users finding a loop hole to exploit something or whatever /tinfoilhat.
False.

In the huge majority of the case, it's the player banned who is an idiot. When you get a ban or even a warning, you receive an email explaining the punishment and why you got it. Now, if people don't check their mails, changed mail whatever, it's their fault.
I received an email for each of the sanction I have ever had and all of them featured a copy pasta when relevant (I even had my whole search comment copied, literally copy pasta). And the first email goes back to 2004.

I'm all for shitting on SE when they are ***, but in this specific case, OP is at fault. OP must know why he got banned and the support anyway will always be able to tell you why you were banned.

No sympathy for OP, if you got banned and cannot get it reversed you are at fault, 100%.
I beg to differ.

Reason being you're from france so I'm assuming you're using the EU Playonline service, and have a EU account.

I have 2 PoL account with 1 SEID on each on them, 1 EU and 1 NA, and I was unfortunate enough to have had both accounts banned because of chargeback on creditcard.

During my research of how to fix this issue I went on the official site seeking for assistance. I did not have any issue following the guide on the EU site and reinstate my EU account within a week.

However back then I didn't use to get on ZAM/FFXIAH/BG so I have no way of finding out the NA's phone number easily so i went on their NA's FAQ area, there was none available; live support didn't work, EVERYTHING sucks.

I then started "yahoo-ing" for info, and found out NA's phone number on a random FFXI site, called them, and they said they have to go through a process trying to find out why I was banned precisely, 2 months worth of calling and emailing I finally got my account back.

I don't know how most people's experience went with the EU service, but mine went really smooth, and NA CS is just GOD AWFUL... I wish everyone doesn't have to go through with what I have been through.
By Enuyasha 2013-05-22 10:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zanosuz said: »
I got the same thing this morning. It's billing related and ALL SE/Click and Buy Fault. They did a maintenance on Click and Buy at the same time my monthly billing was suppose to happen yesterday. So I got banned because of Problems with my Click & Buy Billing the email states. A barrel of monkeys could run this company better...
You could also register your credit card to your account :<

Unless or course, your region isnt supported or your card isnt supported...then meh.

Players who have been using click and buy for credit payments should just immediately switch over sicne they solved that problem :(
First Page 2