Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Motioninjoy Error code:0X-1ffffdd8
Motioninjoy Error code:0X-1ffffdd8
 Cerberus.Ronion
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: playfulxi
By Cerberus.Ronion 2013-05-20 17:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Coming back to FFXI but on PC instead of console; at the moment, I'm trying to hook up a ps3 dualshock 3 sixaxis controller. I've followed said instructions but I end up with this after I load the driver:

INFO:InstallDriver start...

SUCCESS:Set Selected Device.

SUCCESS:Get Device Install Params.

SUCCESS:Set Device Install Params.

SUCCESS:Building Driver Info List.

ERROR:Call Class Installer fail.. Error code:0X-1ffffdd8

------

If anyone help me resolve this issue, that would be great
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2013-05-20 17:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to disable the Microsoft Digital Signature which prevents motion joy from being used (because it has no signature):

This can be done by:
- Restarting your computer
- Click f2 and you should see an option to go to advance boot which should be f8.
- Under that menu ,you will see an option to disable digital signatures.
- Restart you computer and reinstall your Bluetooth adapter and while its installing open motion joy and it should show.
- Make sure you open motion joy while the driver is installing because that is the only way I got mines to work.

Reference:
http://www.howtomakeonline.org/IwumLMoneyWGQVUl/PS3-Controller-Wireless-%28Bluetooth%29-Setup-on-Windows-7.html
[+]
 Valefor.Maiev
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Maiev 2013-05-20 17:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

drop motionjoy, its garbage, you might want to try this xinput wrapper which will make your ds3 native without fiddling around much
[+]
 Cerberus.Ronion
By Cerberus.Ronion 2013-05-20 18:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

@Neboh - Thanks; I've tried this a couple of times but wasn't able to succeed

@Maiev - I tried your suggestion and it works; I was able to install my controller without a hitch!

But i guess now is, "how do I start using it?" lol

edit3: it's up and running, thanks everyone!

but i'm currently unable to play via bluetooth, just via usb atm but i don't mind
By Jetackuu 2013-05-20 19:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
You need to disable the Microsoft Digital Signature which prevents motion joy from being used (because it has no signature):
this isn't true anymore, they have had driver signing for some time.
 Valefor.Vandell
Server: Valefor
user: Vandell
By Valefor.Vandell 2013-05-20 20:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried motioninjoy with Win7 64bit...it caused the BSOD on my brand new PC ( seriously it was less than a week old...). After having to do a recovery to get my OS back, I'm pretty leery about trying it out again. It sounds like if you unplug the controller while the driver is running it causes the BSOD, but still....no thanks.

On WinXP I use ps3sixaxis_en and it's always worked flawlessly. Too bad it's 32bit onry.
By Jetackuu 2013-05-20 20:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ronion said: »
@Neboh - Thanks; I've tried this a couple of times but wasn't able to succeed

@Maiev - I tried your suggestion and it works; I was able to install my controller without a hitch!

But i guess now is, "how do I start using it?" lol

edit3: it's up and running, thanks everyone!

but i'm currently unable to play via bluetooth, just via usb atm but i don't mind

MitioninJoy is a pain in the ***, I only got BT working once. I use a ps2 controller via an adapter now, as I got tired of fiddling with adware.
By Jetackuu 2013-05-20 20:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Vandell said: »
I tried motioninjoy with Win7 64bit...it caused the BSOD on my brand new PC ( seriously it was less than a week old...). After having to do a recovery to get my OS back, I'm pretty leery about trying it out again. It sounds like if you unplug the controller while the driver is running it causes the BSOD, but still....no thanks.

On WinXP I use ps3sixaxis_en and it's always worked flawlessly. Too bad it's 32bit onry.

I used to unplug with it going all the time, never had that issue. Not to mention while a driver error could cause a BSOD the liklihood of causing it to corrupt your filesystem that badly is very rare, I'd say it was more than likely something else.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-20 20:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I had MIJ BSOD myself twice so far because my usb unplugged/plugged in. 0x0000010d on mine. I've just been very careful and have secured the plug so it won't come out very easily. But I dislike motioninjoy...

I considered trying out Maiev's suggestion but I cannot get motioninjoy to uninstall all the way. Even after removing the drivers in the DS3 tool, the green check saying drivers are installed is still there... And when I uninstall the DS3 tool, delete all related files, remove every registry entry related to VID_54C, windows still manages to find the drivers and reinstall them...

And since I can't get it to install the default drivers, I can't get XInput to work.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-20 22:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Maiev said: »
drop motionjoy, its garbage, you might want to try this xinput wrapper which will make your ds3 native without fiddling around much
So after many tries and lots of messing around I was finally able to get MIJ uninstalled(at least I think as it's not f'ing with anything as far as I can tell) and I was able to install this program but the trigger buttons, r2 and l2, won't register as a button press in FFXI. How were you able to get that working?

I've not been able to find a config or anything to change button mappings other than reversing axis. Instructions worked well enough once I got MIJ out of the way but there isn't much documentation.
 Cerberus.Ronion
By Cerberus.Ronion 2013-05-21 00:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
So after many tries and lots of messing around I was finally able to get MIJ uninstalled(at least I think as it's not f'ing with anything as far as I can tell) and I was able to install this program but the trigger buttons, r2 and l2, won't register as a button press in FFXI. How were you able to get that working?

I've not been able to find a config or anything to change button mappings other than reversing axis. Instructions worked well enough once I got MIJ out of the way but there isn't much documentation.
After browsing a bit, i couldnt find an answer how to -- I just set my trigger buttons as my bumpers and bumpers as the select/start; iunno if there's a way to set up the trigger buttons but if anyone knows how, it would be nice to know how instead of having to adjust to this new layout
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-21 08:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... I don't like MIJ but it's not an option for me to play without R2/L2 I have switch mon mapped to R1 and autorun to L1 so I can't switch to the bumpers.
By Jetackuu 2013-05-21 08:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Maiev said: »

you have to delete the driver off the system entirely, either by deleting the .sys file, or if device manager allows it "remove driver after uninstalling" or w/e it says.

I didn't have to go in the registry when I played with it. They do make all sorts of controller to USB adapters, I currently have classic controller, and ps2 adapters. I guess I could try to find a wireless classic controller one, that'd be cool. In theory one of the old wireless ps2 controllers should work in the adapater for it, but whether or not it was made well enough to translate properly (or have enough juice) idk, I'd have to try.
By Jetackuu 2013-05-21 08:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... I don't like MIJ but it's not an option for me to play without R2/L2 I have switch mon mapped to R1 and autorun to L1 so I can't switch to the bumpers.

They do have a hack for it somewhere (I'd have to look) to where you can have it work "offline" so you could effectively block the program's web access, I don't know of a program that does all it can do though, unfortunately.
By Mozhat 2013-05-21 10:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Might I suggest
Snakebyte Final Fantasy XIV PC Controller (SB 000009)
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Snakebyte+Final+Fantasy+XIV+PC+Controller
I bought this controller and hooked it up on Win7 64bit system. Works great.

I tried the Motionjoy, Xpadder, microsoft to try to get the PS3 controller to work. Never could and didn't like Motionjoy ability to snoop through my PC.

I use to own a PS1/PS2/to USB PC adapter by Dream Gear, that stopped working after 5-6 years, but they they don't make them any more.
There's one called Dual Playstation / Playstation 2 to PC USB Controller Adapter
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000F6BGXY that looks like it might work.

So far the Snakebyte controller has been solid, I have used all kinds of Logitech controllers[F310, F510, Cordless RumblePad 2]. After 1-2 years the left D pad loses its performance and I rely on Macros big time.

Hope this helps.
By Jetackuu 2013-05-21 10:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I have two of those blue adapters from Amazon, work great.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-21 10:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
you have to delete the driver off the system entirely, either by deleting the .sys file, or if device manager allows it "remove driver after uninstalling" or w/e it says.

I didn't have to go in the registry when I played with it. They do make all sorts of controller to USB adapters, I currently have classic controller, and ps2 adapters. I guess I could try to find a wireless classic controller one, that'd be cool. In theory one of the old wireless ps2 controllers should work in the adapater for it, but whether or not it was made well enough to translate properly (or have enough juice) idk, I'd have to try.

I did check the option for "remove driver after uninstalling" when I removed the entry in the device manager. I can't remember the entry name though ^^; but it was under a microsoft entry and it was the only one out of all the entries that would give me an option to remove.

My old ps2 adapter died, and honestly never worked too well once I switched to win7. It was an old radioshack converter that's no longer sold. I like my ps3 controller and the wireless is nice and I'd really prefer to use it but I may look at other options eventually.

XInput works wonderfully aside from the lack of triggers ; ; it really makes it impossible for me to play.
 Cerberus.Ronion
By Cerberus.Ronion 2013-05-21 12:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Once XInput is installed and my d3 controller is recognized and playable via usb -- is there a way to play via bluetooth? Looked around and wasn't able to find a way on how to do so
By Jetackuu 2013-05-21 13:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I did check the option for "remove driver after uninstalling" when I removed the entry in the device manager. I can't remember the entry name though ^^; but it was under a microsoft entry and it was the only one out of all the entries that would give me an option to remove.

My old ps2 adapter died, and honestly never worked too well once I switched to win7. It was an old radioshack converter that's no longer sold. I like my ps3 controller and the wireless is nice and I'd really prefer to use it but I may look at other options eventually.

XInput works wonderfully aside from the lack of triggers ; ; it really makes it impossible for me to play.

Yeah it's a pain to get it to work. To get l2/r2 working properly you need proper direct input enumeration on an xinput device, something even M$ the creators of the standards don't do. We'd be fine if SE ever did create x-input support for XI (directx 9.0 iirc) XI is on 8.1

the only thing I've gotten to work is motioninjoy, or an adapter. there is an offline patch for motioninjoy which would then be possible to block it from phoning home. I really wish I could code, as I'd create something as there's a severe lack of a good fix. I can try to talk to a guy I know about it again, maybe if I paid him...
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-21 13:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ronion said: »
Once XInput is installed and my d3 controller is recognized and playable via usb -- is there a way to play via bluetooth? Looked around and wasn't able to find a way on how to do so
The instructions are very vague on this. It says it's suppose to do it when you "Plug it in" but I've not found that to be the case. It's possible my blue tooth adapter isn't supported though, I know it isn't in MIJ. I didn't care enough to work on that part since my trigger buttons aren't working.

Yeah it's a pain to get it to work. To get l2/r2 working properly you need proper direct input enumeration on an xinput device, something even M$ the creators of the standards don't do. We'd be fine if SE ever did create x-input support for XI (directx 9.0 iirc) XI is on 8.1

the only thing I've gotten to work is motioninjoy, or an adapter. there is an offline patch for motioninjoy which would then be possible to block it from phoning home. I really wish I could code, as I'd create something as there's a severe lack of a good fix. I can try to talk to a guy I know about it again, maybe if I paid him...

Is it possible to get a simple program that can read input from xinput triggers and make it then trigger a simple button push? Cause that's all I really want. Be nice if the program had it built in though... I find it odd that the programmer actually did this to play FFXI but didn't seem to need triggers. Or perhaps it was just too difficult to do. The thread is like 117 pages long though and to be honest I only scanned some of it so I can't be sure it hasn't been mentioned.
By Jetackuu 2013-05-21 13:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

by default it treats l2/r2 as an axis, I'm certain it's possible to read the raw data and have it forward it. xpadder may be able to, not sure. I know it can map a lot of things, I don't know if it can map certain points on an axis to a particular keyboard command.

I've seen some other programs that claim to do it, but I couldn't get any to work, as XI is complicated with it being POL and XI. and none of them were free (played with some trials).

Silly pressure sensitive buttons.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-21 15:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, seems like a huge pain in the arse.
By Jetackuu 2013-05-21 17:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've fiddled with it for hours, but I'm not a programmer. I know a guy who is, I've run it by him before, but he may be more inclined if I throw some $ at him.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-21 20:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've fiddled with it for hours, but I'm not a programmer. I know a guy who is, I've run it by him before, but he may be more inclined if I throw some $ at him.
Source code is included in his application, so it wouldn't be too hard for someone who knows what they are doing to take it and run with it if it's possible.