New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Morimar Fracture Plasm Farming Strategy
Morimar Fracture Plasm Farming Strategy
First Page 2
By fattrav 2013-05-20 12:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of a work in progress, so opinions are most welcomed.

I am not sure how PUGs are working on other servers, but on Asura there will be a core group of 8-12 in any Delve fracture group and the rest of the spots are filled through shouts. Some players know what they are doing, they do the research and they are great assets. Then there are the people who you seriously think bought their toon yesterday off some RMT site.

The purpose of this is to create a working farming strategy that most PUGs can handle. With that being said, here we go.

Parties
DD MNK MNK BRD COR WHM
DD DD DD BRD COR WHM
PLD(Aegis/Ochin/Both as well as GS tp/ws sets) RDM SCH THF/DNC GEO ???
For all NM battles the GEO will need to keep evasion and defense down on the mob.

Section #1
This section will have 3 NMs, Volatile Matamata, Perdurable Raptor, and Shimmering Tarichuk.

Volatile Matamata
should be taken care of by the MNK BRD COR WHM from the 1st group. The mnok should be tanking in -pdt gear. The Volatile Matamata will do a tp move every 45-60 seconds. After the 6th tp move, the BRD and COR should start buffing the MNK. Immediately after the 7th tp move from the Volatile Matamata the MNK should pop formless strikes and hundred fists. No other melee should be on this NM, NONE. I can't stress that enough. If other melee are on this, they will screw it up. If you are unsure of the capabilities of 1 MNK you are more than welcome to put a 2nd MNK on it after the 7th tp move. Make sure they pop formless strikes. If a whm, rdm, or sch wants to throw a nuke in they are more than welcome. This fight should take less than 8 minutes in total.

Perdurable Raptor is a pure zerg fest. Important thing of note is no magic damage, no spikes, no dia, no bio, no magic damage. This is not a fight to be epeening it up or being a parser hawk. This is a fight of survivability. Wear your hybrid/-pdt set and full -pdt set if you are tanking. Based on the gear and skill of the alliance this fight should take no less than 5 minutes.

Shimmering Tarichuk can cast some potent spells as well as a nasty, 100/tick, poison aura that is gain as the battle goes on. Once the mob gets to 40% the SCH will need to embrava and regen V the alliance. This is not a fight to be epeening it up or being a parser hawk. This is a fight of survivability. Wear your hybrid/-pdt set and full -pdt set if you are tanking. BBased on the gear and skill of the alliance this fight should take no less than 5 minutes.

NMs will yield Airlixer, Airlixer+1, Delve gear, as well as plasm. These mobs yield 500 plasm but have a multipler. Meaning the 1st NM will yield 500 plasm, the 2nd will yield 1,000 plasm, and the 3rd will yield 1,500 plasm.

Section #2

This section only has 2 NMs, Tutewehiwehi and Kurma.

Tutewehiwehi
needs to be blinded and that is the sole responsibility and duty of the RDM. This is not a fight to be epeening it up or being a parser hawk. This is a fight of survivability. Wear your hybrid/-pdt set and full -pdt set if you are tanking. BBased on the gear and skill of the alliance this fight should take no less than 5 minutes.

Kurma, at this time the PLD and WHM will hold this mob until a more reliable and quicker strategy is developed.

NMs will yield Airlixer, Airlixer+1, Delve gear, as well as plasm. These mobs yield 750 plasm but have a multipler. Meaning the 4th NM will yield 3,000 plasm and the 5th will yield 3,750 plasm.

After the NMs are down split the groups to tackle the trash mobs. This should yield 8,000 to 10,000 plasm as well as 4 guaranteed pieces or gear and a half dozen or more Airlixer +1s. Once a reliable strategy is determined for Kurma, this zone should easily yield 10,000+ plasm.

*Must give credit to all the great contributors on BG and BG Wiki for this information.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-05-20 13:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

fattrav said: »
Kind of a work in progress, so opinions are most welcomed. I am not sure how PUGs are working on other servers, but on Asura there will be a core group of 8-12 in any Delve fracture group and the rest of the spots are filled through shouts. Some players know what they are doing, they do the research and they are great assets. Then there are the people who you seriously think bought their toon yesterday off some RMT site. The purpose of this is to create a working farming strategy that most PUGs can handle. With that being said, here we go. Parties DD DD MNK BRD COR WHM DD DD DD BRD COR WHM PLD(Aegis/Ochin/Both as well as GS tp/ws sets) RDM SCH THF/DNC GEO ??? For all NM battles the GEO will need to keep evasion and defense down on the mob. Section #1 This section will have 3 NMs, Volatile Matamata, Perdurable Raptor, and Shimmering Tarichuk. Volatile Matamata should be taken care of by the MNK BRD COR WHM from the 1st group. The Volatile Matamata will do a tp move every 45-60 seconds. After the 6th tp move, the BRD and COR should start buffing the MNK. Immediately after the 7th tp move from the Volatile Matamata the MNK should pop formless strikes and hundred fists. This fight should take less than 8 minutes in total. Perdurable Raptor is a pure zerg fest. Important thing of note is no magic damage, no spikes, no dia, no bio, no magic damage. Based on the gear and skill of the alliance this fight should take no less than 5 minutes. Shimmering Tarichuk can cast some potent spells as well as a nasty, 100/tick, poison aura that is gain as the battle goes on. The SCH will need to embrava and regen V the alliance. Based on the gear and skill of the alliance this fight should take no less than 5 minutes. NMs will yield Airlixer, Airlixer+1, Delve gear, as well as plasm. These mobs yield 500 plasm but have a multipler. Meaning the 1st NM will yield 500 plasm, the 2nd will yield 1,000 plasm, and the 3rd will yield 1,500 plasm. Section #2 This section only has 2 NMs, Tutewehiwehi and Kurma. Tutewehiwehi needs to be blinded and that is the sole responsibility and duty of the RDM. Based on the gear and skill of the alliance this fight should take no less than 5 minutes. Kurma, at this time the PLD and WHM will hold this mob until a more reliable and quicker strategy is developed. NMs will yield Airlixer, Airlixer+1, Delve gear, as well as plasm. These mobs yield 750 plasm but have a multipler. Meaning the 4th NM will yield 3,000 plasm and the 5th will yield 3,750 plasm. After the NMs are down split the groups to tackle the trash mobs. This should yield 8,000 to 10,000 plasm as well as 4 guaranteed pieces or gear and a half dozen or more Airlixer +1s. Once a reliable strategy is determined for Kurma, this zone should easily yield 10,000+ plasm. *Must give credit to all the great contributors on BG and BG Wiki for this information.
Yeah turtle is a bit annoying since he builds resist to dispel and spams def buffs... Maybe a drk absorb would work?
 Ragnarok.Sharain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2013-05-21 00:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn... where are PUGs of that caliber on Ragnarok? On average you can consider yourself lucky if people don't constantly die to trash mobs. :(
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-05-21 00:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes perfect sense and looks good. Hell, just seeing any strat that's not just mixed into the chatlog along with all that other garbage should be really helpful too a lot of people.
 Ragnarok.Eriina
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2013-05-21 01:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Current JP standard strat (on ragnarok) is:

Pld pld whm whm Thf Thf
DD DD DD brd Cor whm
DD DD DD brd Cor whm

1 pld grabs all 3 NMs in the first section and holds them out of the way (w/o acting on them of course) and sits there with 1 whm. One Thf and 1 DD pt kill stuff and gets TH on things in the main room (G-4ish).

Other DD pt (stronger of the 2) kills time in the tunnels with the other pld, whm and Thf. When the wall breaks down, 2nd pld grabs turtle and peste and holds them with his whm. Hallway DD pt (and the 2nd Thf) move deeper to about I-8ish where there are a ton of wirves and other stuff. Kill til time runs out.

8-9k everytime.

The strat in the OP is far more interesting and I'd like to see more people practicing to kill the bosses. But anyway, just an alternative strat that might be easier for first time leaders. The more information the better I suppose.
 Ragnarok.Sharain
user: Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2013-05-21 01:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Eriina said: »

Pld pld whm whm Thf Thf
DD DD DD brd Cor whm
DD DD DD brd Cor whm

1 pld grabs all 3 NMs in the first section and holds them out of the way (w/o acting on them of course) and sits there with 1 whm. One Thf and 1 DD pt kill stuff and gets TH on things in the main room (G-4ish).

Other DD pt (stronger of the 2) kills time in the tunnels with the other pld, whm and Thf. When the wall breaks down, 2nd pld grabs turtle and peste and holds them with his whm. Hallway DD pt (and the 2nd Thf) move deeper to about I-8ish where there are a ton of wirves and other stuff. Kill til time runs out.

8-9k everytime.

The strat in the OP is far more interesting and I'd like to see more people practicing to kill the bosses. But anyway, just an alternative strat that might be easier for first time leaders. The more information the better I suppose.
That sounds like a good strategy. The version of it that I've seen the most is that 1 pld holds raptor and mata, another eft, and T4-T5 are ignored. Resulting to much lower gains of course, since that prevents you from having access to a lot of mobs. But a single pld can't seem to hold all 3 T1-3 without dying. So I can't imagine them holding T4 and T5 at same time either.

Completely different strategy I've seen is to have one person zombie all the NMs near start. Personally I really like this strategy, then have all the mobs available. For some reason majority of leaders don't tho, even when I volunteer to be that person. :/
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-05-21 02:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sharain said: »
Ragnarok.Eriina said: »

Pld pld whm whm Thf Thf
DD DD DD brd Cor whm
DD DD DD brd Cor whm

8-9k everytime.

That sounds like a good strategy. The version of it that I've seen the most is that 1 pld holds raptor and mata, another eft, and T4-T5 are ignored. Resulting to much lower gains of course, since that prevents you from having access to a lot of mobs. But a single pld can't seem to hold all 3 T1-3 without dying. So I can't imagine them holding T4 and T5 at same time either.

Completely different strategy I've seen is to have one person zombie all the NMs near start. Personally I really like this strategy, then have all the mobs available. For some reason majority of leaders don't tho, even when I volunteer to be that person. :/

That's because NA PLD+WHM pt always die a lot with just 1~2 NMs idk why(and they don't die in twilight when they die, so the result is often wipega).
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-05-21 02:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, clearly all NA pld are bad and all JP pld are amazing

thought the JP dicksucking ended years ago
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vagrua
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vagrua
By Lakshmi.Vagrua 2013-05-21 02:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Those 1st 3 NMs can be tanked by 1 PLD with a WHM. I've done it some rounds before where the other pld failed. The only way you can really die is if you're not paying attention or not keeping Phalanx up.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-05-21 02:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Seen just as many JP plds fail compared to NA or EU or whatever. It's 2013, that JP=GOD thing should seriously be dead by now.
[+]
By Afania 2013-05-21 02:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
yea, clearly all NA pld are bad and all JP pld are amazing

thought the JP dicksucking ended years ago

He's the one who claimed JP PLD can tank all 3, I was just sharing experience of almost every NA PUG I've been to, that PLD+WHM can't deal with 1~2 NM most of the time.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zirael
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2013-05-21 02:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

My PLD friend can tank 3 NMs with me having to cure only after Foul Breath. Depends on the quality of your PLD and healer. He swaps in Aegis if Eft is casting something nasty.
He could tank 5 NMs too - I'd have to ride my convert timer tho.
The reason your PLD+WHM wipe to two NMs is, they suck, obviously. PLD not having capped PDT, WHM/SCH/RDM not having enough Refresh in gear (you can get +8MP/tic just from gear easy) and lousy cure potency build (good cure build heals for ~1k HP with Cure4 as far as I remember).
If your tank party wipes to NMs, you should just make one guy zombie all the NMs and get the rest to change to some (hopefully) more useful job and try to actually contribute.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-05-21 02:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zirael said: »
My PLD friend can tank 3 NMs with me having to cure only after Foul Breath. Depends on the quality of your PLD and healer. He swaps in Aegis if Eft is casting something nasty.
He could tank 5 NMs too - I'd have to ride my convert timer tho.
The reason your PLD+WHM wipe to two NMs is, they suck, obviously. PLD not having capped PDT, WHM/SCH/RDM not having enough Refresh in gear (you can get +8MP/tic just from gear easy) and lousy cure potency build (good cure build heals for ~1k HP with Cure4 as far as I remember).
If your tank party wipes to NMs, you should just make one guy zombie all the NMs and get the rest to change to some (hopefully) more useful job and try to actually contribute.

Ok Z come and pt with me with your PLD friend :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Zumi
Server: Phoenix
user: Zumi
By Phoenix.Zumi 2013-05-21 03:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

On my server people don't bother with PLDs and WHM to hold NMs for farm runs. They just shout for a sacrifice with Twilight to sac all 5 nms over and over for 45 min while everyone else just farms trash mobs with the other 17 people.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2013-05-21 03:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you receive plasma even if dead?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2013-05-21 03:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool thanks, was wondering about that.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2013-05-21 03:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Zumi said: »
On my server people don't bother with PLDs and WHM to hold NMs for farm runs. They just shout for a sacrifice with Twilight to sac all 5 nms over and over for 45 min while everyone else just farms trash mobs with the other 17 people.
Same thing I do its either pld or dd with twilight, tried the pld+whm setup but plasm final tally was disappointing. Ceizak so far highest tally was 7.2k, want to get 8k mark without killing nms. PuG don't know how to communicate well enough to kills nms + farm. Takes dam near half the run to kill one.
 Quetzalcoatl.Opy
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Opy
By Quetzalcoatl.Opy 2013-05-21 04:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Strat with killing NMs sounds interesting but i have a short question. Does Plasm on normal Mobs double too after you kill an NM or only on other NMs?
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-05-21 04:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I don't know why on the mountain one why a pld has to hold that t1 NM 45 minutes. Why are the mnks so weak they cant solo it with a healers help in 5-10 minutes.

MNKS disgust me when they say they are to scared to fight and rather kill garbage, yet expect me to heal them.

If they killed the NM not only would our tally go up but I could bring one pld in vs. two.
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2013-05-21 04:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Opy said: »
Strat with killing NMs sounds interesting but i have a short question. Does Plasm on normal Mobs double too after you kill an NM or only on other NMs?

NMs only, normal mobs always give 50, unfortunately
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2013-05-22 04:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
Honestly I don't know why on the mountain one why a pld has to hold that t1 NM 45 minutes. Why are the mnks so weak they cant solo it with a healers help in 5-10 minutes.

MNKS disgust me when they say they are to scared to fight and rather kill garbage, yet expect me to heal them.

If they killed the NM not only would our tally go up but I could bring one pld in vs. two.

Stroke their ego! Once they've seen how it works and see the 30-50k hits they'll be stroking their epeens so hard they'll beg you to let them fight it. IF you have two monks, it's even easier. Besides, the Matamata hits like a girl if they're scared to tank it, and when it does do a TP move you have the longest warning ever so you can just run out of range and not get hit. If you do get hit for some reason, only Cranial Thrust is of concern due to the def down effect. (if it does debilitating spout you've already flubbed up so I don't consider that move) Either that or ditch the piss poor excuse for monks you have and find some real ones.

I would also pout emphasis on healing focus on the eft once it's below the 40% mark. The embrava REGEN V clears the poison issue but the instacast blizzaga to cyclotail TP can catch those lazy dd that don't turtle up
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-05-22 05:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My groups strat is:

Pld(me) pld sch(my mule) a healer thf thf
Mnk mnk DD cor brd healer
DD DD DD cor brd healer

I get the raptor and eft (aegis only so it so much fun lol) and the other pld gets the matamata and melees it till its used 7 tp moves. While the pld does that the mnks are killing trash mobs and run back after 5 tp moves then after the 7th they rape it. The other pld than goes and gets the T4 and T5 and tanks them till the end off the run. If plds die they die in twilight and sac the mobs till the end unless the other pld is free to hold them till the other is unweak.

Our mnks are always wanting to kill the matamata now lol no questions asked.
[+]
By fattrav 2013-05-22 09:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the replies. This strat is not for holding nms, that is always an option, but not one I care to pursue. I have updated my original post with more detail about fighting the NMs. I did not realize players did not know to hybrid or seigan/3rd eye the nms if you are tanking.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2013-05-23 20:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Last I heard Kurma is super weak to magic bursted nukes...
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-25 23:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

An average PUG will make 5000-5500 plasm per run farming just fodder mobs. A very good group can push 10,000 per run. These are for runs without any NM kills.

Assuming a group can kill the first 3 NMs, in what amount of time do they need to kill them in order for it to be worthwhile vs just killing fodder mobs?

Killing 3 NMs is worth 500 + 1000 + 1500 = 3000 plasm.

@5000 per run, that's 111 plasm per minute. If they can kill all 3 NMs in 27 minutes, they'll make as much as if they'd spent that time solely on fodder mobs.

@10000 per run, that's 222 plasm per minute. If they can kill all 3 NMs in 13.5 minutes, they'll make as much as if they'd spent that time solely on fodder mobs.

Matamata takes about 8 minutes to kill, including pull time, and assuming it didn't spawn down by the first wall (otherwise you also have the time to reach it killing other mobs along the way). It can be handled in parallel with any other NM fights, and only occupies 2-3 people.

If the remainder of the alliance can kill the eft and the raptor in about 5 minutes each, you're guaranteed to be working at a net win compared to just killing fodder. At 8 minutes each you're about 500 plasm behind some of the best you can get from just fodder. Also, at 8 minutes each, that means that the Matamata group should be done by the time you finished the first additional NM, so you can have a full alliance on the last one.

If you add the peiste to the run, that gains you an extra 3000 plasm. Break-even points on time:

@5000 per run: If you can kill all 4 NMs before time runs out, you're already ahead of what you could have gotten from fodder alone.
@10000 per run: 27 minutes is the break-even point. If the first 3 took 16 minutes, this one can take 11 minutes.

Unfortunately I don't have a good estimate of the range of time it can take to kill the eft and raptor NMs, so it's hard to suggest specific target goals. I guess 25 minutes for an average starting group to kill the first three NMs if they want to pursue this method, with a goal of under 15 minutes.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-25 23:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can toss out an Embrava for Eft - it drops dead very quickly with little danger to anyone
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-05-26 11:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Moldtech said: »
Last I heard Kurma is super weak to magic bursted nukes...
This is correct.
First Page 2