Forum » FFXI » General » Adoulin Fame
Adoulin Fame
 Odin.Rendra
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2013-05-17 09:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an easy way to build fame in Adoulin? Kind of like the bat wings in northern sandy?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-05-17 09:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure there are repeatable quests, though they're probably fairly expensive and not worth doing (the one where you collect Twitherym bits comes to mind.)

I believe that doing Coalition assignments figures in too, so really, just keep doing those as soon as they're up?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-17 09:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The coconuts quest at the cafe in east Adoulin is repeatable, but dunno if it works to build up fame.
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2013-05-17 09:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, just doing every quest pretty much seals it, since most of the other quests have preceding quests to even unlock. Otherwise, the 2 elshimo coconut quest is repeatable every conquest tally(warp rune or VW warp to kazham and buy from npc) and the 2 twitherym wing quest in rala waterways is about the only other option...so if you really like farming/buying those that's about it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-17 09:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There aren't many quests anyway, just do them all, they're fairly easy and quick...aside from the idiotic taru duo quest. I refused to buy stuff for them more than once -.-
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-05-17 09:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
There aren't many quests anyway, just do them all, they're fairly easy and quick...aside from the idiotic taru duo quest. I refused to buy stuff for them more than once -.-

Oh come on. I loved those two!

Mostly because I identify with the one who hates mushrooms.
 Cerberus.Evilqueen
Server: Cerberus
user: Lillybabe
By Cerberus.Evilqueen 2013-05-19 10:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said: »
Well, just doing every quest pretty much seals it, since most of the other quests have preceding quests to even unlock. Otherwise, the 2 elshimo coconut quest is repeatable every conquest tally(warp rune or VW warp to kazham and buy from npc) and the 2 twitherym wing quest in rala waterways is about the only other option...so if you really like farming/buying those that's about it.

am I missing something with this stupid twitherym wing one, because wiki says you can do it once per conquest, well it hasn't let me today..... he just keeps telling me "this murky haze...what could it mean?"

about to drop kick him in the face and show him what it means =( annoying annoying annoying....
[+]
 Valefor.Mithano
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2013-05-19 10:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done all but a half dozen, and I'm still only at level 3 fame. What gives? Am I really going to have to spend millions on the wings or wait an eternity on the coconuts? 100k bayld takes a while to get, I have yet to see the price charged me drop even one level of 5k.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-19 11:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just do other quests. I'm rank 4 and haven't even finished them all, and never repeated them either.

To get the bayld discount you need coalition ranks too, I unlocked my first discount when I reached rank 3 in my second coalition and was capped in one.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [61 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-07-19 15:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Coalition Assignments add to your fame, anyone know? If they do, do the ones you repeat keep adding fame, or would you have to keep completing new ones?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [425 days between previous and next post]
By Warviper 2014-09-17 03:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Do Coalition Assignments add to your fame, anyone know? If they do, do the ones you repeat keep adding fame, or would you have to keep completing new ones?
bump
By Zacas1 2014-09-17 04:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering the one fame-checker NPC by the one coconut quest NPC gives you the option to check fame or coalition rank... I doubt coalition assignments factor in much, if at all. Though I'm still curious if anyone's managed to get above fame lvl 5 (name making the rounds)... don't know how many times I've done the Twith Wing > velk item > Umbril Ooze quest line repeatedly and still haven't managed to pass rank5... despite messages for 6-9 having been found in previous dat mining.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buteo
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: buteo
By Quetzalcoatl.Buteo 2014-09-17 06:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I am still rank 5.
Been doing the butterfly wings, velkk item, and umbril quest once a week for about 4 months.
Done all the quests in the city (except the quests related to the Run/Geo armor/weapons and the latest quest in eastern adoulin beside the fountain).
Capped rank in all but Mummers and Peacekeepers Coalitions.