Delve advice
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-20 18:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger said: »
NMs? theirs no way you fought NMs w/o Hunters or madrigals and didn't have accuracy problems. And as a 2 song brd doing plasm farm 2 marches should be done before you are asked to give minuets.

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
we often had to wait for repop because there weren't enough mobs.

I don't think the NM's repop, so I'm fairly sure it's plasm farming.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-05-21 01:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger said: »
NMs? theirs no way you fought NMs w/o Hunters or madrigals and didn't have accuracy problems. And as a 2 song brd doing plasm farm 2 marches should be done before you are asked to give minuets.

It's fracture farm on fodder. DDs were eating sushi, BRD had 4 songs.
 Asura.Tarquine
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tarquine 2013-05-21 06:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
cause everyone has a 3-4 song harp and a relic horn horn and everyone else in the group plays flawlessly, right?
I'd love to hear why a 2song bard would do anything besides double march in a plasm pug run.

90 Daurdabla is hard

And there are plenty of fights that require bard swapping for clears and whatnot, so even if you're terrible enough to be an active bard that still doesn't have a 90 DDB, madrigal merits are downright necessary

Daurdabla is both rare, and now hard [read: very time consuming] to get hold of. BRDs were rarely used at all through the Abyssea years, so only career BRDs built them. VW was proc spam, and 2 songs were more than enough for even the most gimped PUG. Legion/Meebles/NNI was a minor call for the odd BRD again.

Now SoA has rekindled the mass need for BRDs, those of us who just kept the levels and skills up can do fine with two songs, and other easily accessible gear.

If you have regular access to Dauby BRD - good for you, but currently they are like Rocking horse sh*t.

Still think it's easy to go and make a Dauby now? Well good luck camping the souls against the swarms of people who want to build/finish their Ochains, 'cos that system hasn't been broken since conception.

But hey, maybe you are right... and we'll soon see a flood of 90+ Dauby BRDs flooding into SoA.
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2013-05-21 15:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Daurdabla isn's hard if you can find even 2 friends/LS members to help you farm it from time to time. Ironclad and apademak are easy, apademak might get costly if you buy all the pop items, but will save you a bunch of time. And for souls there are 3 zones and the frequency of other people being at them is dwindling now that everyone is moving on to SoA content. "good luck camping the souls against the swarms of people who want to build/finish their Ochains" LOL... It's like you haven't even tried to farm souls recently, theres probably only 1 person in aby right now camping a T2, and if you know how to get time of day, you can probably out-pop them. Your only discouraging yourself instead of making ***happen.
By macsdf1 2013-05-21 15:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've started farming an ochain, can get heavy competition at some points though. Right now I just kill iron giants inbetween t2 repops. Went 1/1 on 2 chars upgrade, last one went 0/4 so I left today.