2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 130 131 132
By Jonjey 2016-02-15 17:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lykinia said: »
Lionsquall, if anyone cares, augs are +50 r.acc, stp+8, +5 snapshot.

Disappointing.
 Asura.Mcdonalds
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2016-02-16 11:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Working on finishing ranger mythic to the last phase.
Does anyone know if the magic damage helps the trueflight? Also excited to see the extra 30MAB from the dispensing bolt.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-02-16 12:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic Damage does help magic based WSs
[+]
 Asura.Mcdonalds
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2016-02-16 12:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Wow, trueflight is gonna be ridiculous. Thank you
 Lakshmi.Tummie
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tummie
By Lakshmi.Tummie 2016-02-16 14:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I am making a new node which is a rework of the one I have a few pages back, but here is a quick preliminary High Acc TP Set I've come up with. I haven't tested against Herculean yet since there are a lot of possible augments to sort thru

ItemSet 341949

Annihilator is AG 269 Version
Taeon Augments are: ATI+10, R. Attack/R.Accuracy + 20 (+47 RACC on head and +62 RACC on feet including AGI)
Adhemar is Path C: AGI+10, R. Attack/R.Accuracy + 15

Set Totals:

STR: 103
DEX: 116
AGI: 187
R.Attack: 232
R.Accuracy: 361
STP: 33

Not bothering with HQ Adhemar at the moment...
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-02-16 14:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mcdonalds said: »

Just not as ridiculous as you might think. +MDMG is added in after fTP is multiplied (but before MAB).
 Asura.Mcdonalds
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2016-02-16 15:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

Just not as ridiculous as you might think. +MDMG is added in after fTP is multiplied (but before MAB).

Only thing I'm not aware of is did these weapons get ws increase as well?
Ranger mythic got a massive boost from the looks of it. Almost 85% increase in damage with lots of ranged accuracy. And ammo with mab as well as magic dmg. My other mythics didn't even get a 30% increase in damage.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-16 15:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranger mythic got a massive boost from the looks of it. Almost 85% increase in damage with lots of ranged accuracy. And ammo with mab as well as magic dmg. My other mythics didn't even get a 30% increase in damage.

How'd you get the conclusion that mythic gets 85% dmg boost?
By Zephin 2016-02-16 15:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

176 dmg to 93 dmg i'd assume
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-02-16 15:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking from comparing the Gast119 DMG:93 to the Gast119(III) DMG: 176. That's an increase of 83 in DMG. However, keep in mind, this DMG increase does nothing the the damage Trueflight deals, since weapon, and in this case, bullet damage, does nothing to increase magic based WSs
 Asura.Mcdonalds
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2016-02-16 17:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't comparing the dmg to the dmg of trueflight. Just stating the weapon got a massive boost in damage itself. I haven't had time to do the math but it looks like that other guy has. 83% increase in damage from 93 to 176. I compared my other REMs and nothing else got a boost like that.

I'm thinking from comparing the Gast119 DMG:93 to the Gast119(III) DMG: 176. That's an increase of 83 in DMG. However, keep in mind, this DMG increase does nothing the the damage Trueflight deals, since weapon, and in this case, bullet damage, does nothing to increase magic based WSs
 Asura.Mcdonalds
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2016-02-16 17:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well evidently my reply didn't go through. I wasn't saying the dmg affected the ws. I was simply stating that the mythic itself got a massive boost in damage. Much larger than the other mythics. But I'll have to keep comparing them.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-02-17 03:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget to factor in Quelling Bolt by hats a huge boost to the mythic DMG also
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-17 05:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well evidently my reply didn't go through. I wasn't saying the dmg affected the ws. I was simply stating that the mythic itself got a massive boost in damage. Much larger than the other mythics. But I'll have to keep comparing them.

Fyi, when we say "mythics dmg boost by X%" we usually mean dps increase by X%.

Also since DMG doesn't affect WS, wouldn't it be the other way around that it has smaller increase?

Not that I've checked RNG number though, just questioning.
 Asura.Mcdonalds
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2016-02-17 07:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Also since DMG doesn't affect WS, wouldn't it be the other way around that it has smaller increase?

I can see what you mean and how it can be taken that way. Then forgive me for not wording it the proper way. I just feel, overall, the weapon that got the best improvement for ranger is mythic. That may be bias. I don't touch Anni anymore. I'll work on both and see how they do DPS wise
[+]
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-02-17 07:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: errr, it actually has 71 less dmg than yoichi + arrow (and 111 dmg less than annihilator + bullet) but the rest stands true.

TP phase got boosted, so it is a DPS increase; also, the dmg of xbow + bolt is now about the same as bow + arrow, and the tp gain per hit is about the same too, except xbow gets it much faster due to how the whole delay is split between weapon and ammo, so it fires approx 20% faster than bow, and gets to WS 20% faster too. Sure, xbow got no JR, but can fire a 3000tp Trueflight every 2.4 JR a yoichi bow user fires, in the same time, or 5 LS/WF every 4 JR.
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2016-02-17 10:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The huge dmg increase on the mythic xbow is nice, but I think the main reason why the mythic xbow got such a huge dmg increase this time around is because SE originally messed up the dmg of 119 version. Last time, the dmg only increased by 13 (from 80 to 93) going from the 99 version to 119 version.

I believe the reason for the dmg of the original 119 being so low was due to a mix up between the rng mythic's dmg and cor mythic's dmg because before death penalty was nerfed to 83 dmg, it had 119 dmg. If you compare the the dmg increases of the RME guns, anni went from 76 dmg to 105 (+29 dmg), arma went from 76 dmg to 103 (+27 dmg), and dp would have gone from 64 dmg to 93 (+29 dmg). Gastra would have gone from 80 dmg to 119 (+39 dmg), which is a more accurate jump, considering xbows always had more base dmg (for the higher delay xbows) than guns, but bolts had less dmg than bullets.

So, while the dmg increase is really nice this time around, it's mainly because it should have been a larger increase last time around.
 Asura.Mcdonalds
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2016-02-17 11:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kingofbastok said: »
The huge dmg increase on the mythic xbow is nice, but I think the main reason why the mythic xbow got such a huge dmg increase this time around is because SE originally messed up the dmg of 119 version. Last time, the dmg only increased by 13 (from 80 to 93) going from the 99 version to 119 version.

I believe the reason for the dmg of the original 119 being so low was due to a mix up between the rng mythic's dmg and cor mythic's dmg because before death penalty was nerfed to 83 dmg, it had 119 dmg. If you compare the the dmg increases of the RME guns, anni went from 76 dmg to 105 (+29 dmg), arma went from 76 dmg to 103 (+27 dmg), and dp would have gone from 64 dmg to 93 (+29 dmg). Gastra would have gone from 80 dmg to 119 (+39 dmg), which is a more accurate jump, considering xbows always had more base dmg (for the higher delay xbows) than guns, but bolts had less dmg than bullets.

So, while the dmg increase is really nice this time around, it's mainly because it should have been a larger increase last time around.

Perfect explanation. I honestly don't remember the 99 to 119 jump. I didn't look at the before and after when I did it to notice such a small jump.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
By Verda 2016-03-20 22:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I got Fail-Not today and super happy and excited, been spending hours going through my gear and making sets, but I have a lot of question marks, like is ramuh or ifrit ring generally better for jishnu's etc... most questions which could be answered by an updated spreadsheet but the one I downloaded seems to not only be outdated but not work properly. Would anyone be kind enough to share a spreadsheet that is both working and updated with me? I would appreciate it very much, thank you.
[+]
By Feanorsof 2016-03-23 20:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats on the fail-not Verda, i'd be interested in an updated sheet too
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2016-03-30 18:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Feanorsof said: »
Congrats on the fail-not Verda, i'd be interested in an updated sheet too

I would love for some updated sets and a gearswap that supports yoichi and annihilator since I'm working on building both.
By Verda 2016-04-01 01:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Tyvm Feanorsof :)

I found a working spreadsheet though trueflight doesn't seem to calc right, physical ws are. I've spent about 3.5 hours entering gear and will do some more and share it.

I wanted to share this, I've been cping ranger and it's a lot of fun. Jishnu's Radiance 23k with 99k Light chain:

Chain was Leaden -> Cloudsplitter -> Jishnu's Also did Cloudsplitter -> Last Stand -> Jishnu's both work.

I didn't get AM up so was just Light not Radiance. Inundation is really strong, tested against having a second COR use allies roll, and never got over 80k with it but had several 99k lights with inundation. I'm having a lot of fun regearing ranger and playing it. I think it's still a good job and look forward to pushing it some more. With double shot up you can self chain jishnu's but won't get as high of skillchain damage. You can also just go with any DD that has a frag ws and Jishnu's -> Fragmentation WS -> Jishnu's for double light as well. Without Fury, Frailty and Chaos roll dmg takes a noticeable dive. If using Inundation (which I suggest you do if possible!) you benefit from using as many weapon types as possible. Here we used 3 (Gun, Axe, Bow). You can also get that damage at 1k tp with Jishnu's just since your crit chance is lower, it happens less, and should be noted Mandies take extra damage from piercing. Flurry and Haste also not even needed, just need everyone to get 1k tp, and as in screenshot for various reasons (often sleeps) I'd sometimes have more even without flurry. It can even hurt you since more tp feeding would mean more Dreamflower.

If interested buffs/debuffs/food:

When setup right, one chain kills the apex mandies, I'm sure there's other camps which work as well, the being slept in the middle of skillchains gets annoying sometimes. Hope this can help anyone wanting to gear ranger or get CP on it, feel inspired it's not a dead job.
[+]
By Verda 2016-04-19 13:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG Spreadsheet

Hey all, while not entirely finished I am sharing what I have for the RNG spreadsheet. Some things I know still need done and hoping others can contribute and also share:

* Fix damage calculations for Trueflight
* Finish adding in variations of augmented gear that are useful to ranger
* Add in the rest of the 119 III weapons
* Keep looking for more optimal sets for various acc requirements
* Adding in new cratio caps
* add in proper sam sub and remove custom stp from ranged gear page

What I put was just best I could find, it's a 3 hit fail-not set with jishnu's vs anything you don't have to worry about acc requirements. You'll also prob want to remove the custom snapshot/rapidshot I added on the JA.Gear page and barrage set I just didn't want to mess with it at the moment. I adjusted true shot damage calc to reflect what it says in wikis (a % damage increase) as before it was adding very very very little even if I put in large quantities, but any feedback on that appreciated.
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-05-09 10:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
I Have a question.

I prefer ask this here instead of Corsair forums cuz it seems Corsair in the present its a top tier job so its more easy people jump to answer without think.

A Ranger with Annihilator ILV119 - III. Can be competitive vs a Corsair with Armageddon or Death Penalty ILV119 - III.?

For the moment i can afford an Annhilator but Not a Empy/Mythic weapon.

In a way im a bit Scared of bring my Corsair to my Friends because, they will perma Frooze me in Corsair. Because its amazin DPS, Because its a support job. If i gear Corsair my WAR, DRK, MNK and RNG will never see the light again.

So i want a Ranged attack job, im a bit selfish if i get Ranger im sure i can Jump between All my DPS jobs without worries. Also RNG have more Ranged Accuracy than corsair and its a Pain Hit Some enemies =/, not sure if corsair can "HIT" enemies even a ranger can't

If you're asking us what job should you play, that's a silly question. If you're asking whether rng has an edge over cor, that really depends on what you're fighting, as rng can surely dish out more raw physical ranged damage, can open/close all lvl3 SCs (if you bother to make yoichi) and is generally more accurate than cor. But in order to do all those things, you need a cor's buffs. Also, while REMs are nice (i made annihilator and yoichi myself), you need alot more than that to be good at this game, so focus on getting some good gear and then work on getting your REMs, if you enjoy the job. Jesus, this game is so much more than collecting currency to get one shiny weapon (which while nice wont make you suck less if thats the only shiny thing in your arsenal).
By Verda 2016-05-10 01:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The question. Anhi/Youchi Ranger ILV119 - 3. Can be competitive vs a DeathPenalty/Arma Corsair ILV119 3?

I have to say it's not a great question to be honest :( I could be competitive but there's no way to prove it really without accurate spreadsheets or just going out with two people in max gear for it and comparing. They all do different things, take different amounts of time and gil to make, and depending if buffs and the mob and debuffs favor magic or physical damage is going to be a big factor too. Relics are much easier to make and in general, except for niche situations aren't as good.

Yoichi is the most native accuracy in the game on a RNG, because they already have so much accuracy they can get from other sources (Can dualwield daggers for it, rings that give a ton, job traits and so on). Which is amazing, if you need accuracy that your support can't give you or want to show just how much acc ranger can get without support, but practical uses might be pretty limited outside say using a ton of STP gear for 3 hit sets even on harder stuff. Jishnu's is a great WS but Aeonic and Empy bow would beat it out for raw damage and Nama's probably wouldn't be used much.

Annihilator is still the best weapon for enmity control, and with the new pdif caps even with decoy shot you can pull hate pretty easy on RNG still so it remains a valid tool. It's also not bad for last stand, though Jishnu's is overall probably the stronger WS.

Armageddon is a much more expensive weapon than either and a lot more time consuming to make. It features a magical WS that gives less enmity the more TP you have rather than more damage. It does a lot of damage at 1k tp though and the aftermath is good. It should probably win even though in the hands of RNG and full party buff situation vs COR, RNG should win. It gets % boosts to attack from velocity shot, more snapshot and rapidshot, more trueshot, and more accuracy and attack. I don't know that either relic would beat it in the hands of a COR though unless magical WS was just really terrible, but even then Last Stand is AGI based WS. In solo with trust situations, I'd still expect RNG to win pure dps wise, and it should since it has no support capabilities. RNG also gets access to more MAB gear, and better gear choices in general on top of higher stats, gifts and job points more damage focused, and higher tier traits. Wizards Roll and Tact roll or Tact + Misers for spamming can make COR win out in some situations in that regard though.

Mythic you should really compare mythic to. Trueflight and Leaden have same stats. There's a lot more mob families weak to light damage than weak to dark but that's sort of beside the point. Magical WS don't count the damage from MAB in the enmity equation only the base damage, so it could actually pull less hate than Jishnu's despite larger WS numbers. But it comes down to basically all the same stuff I said for Armageddon.

With all that in mind, your question was would Relic RNG beat Empy/Mythic COR though and really, I think the answer is very situational. The mythic WS will have bigger closes as long as the mob doesn't have dark resistance and if buffs aren't favoring physical a ton more than magical. They don't really work together well though, because magical ws take an entire different set of buffs than physical WS. Part of the problem with these mythics is a need to hit the target, do good white damage, and then have buffs for big magical WS and you run out of support to do all that on very hard stuff so something has to go. You have to hit the mob and you have to have big WS... so attack/def would be last thing to worry about. So in those sort of situations you wouldn't be doing very big number physical WS at all. And if you go the other way, and start replacing the geo-malaise with geo-frailty you'll have a situation where the magical WS is underpowered. With RNG there's a lot more acc available so it isn't as big an issue unless you really need/want that 3 hit build or something.

Asura.Xijaah said: »
But in order to do all those things, you need a cor's buffs.
Well, I wouldn't say you need COR's buffs specifically, you can cap pdif without chaos roll, though chaos roll is nice. You can also do 3 hit sets without sam roll, and you can cap snapshot without any outside help now, even without flurry once you have enough job points. Anyway, you're right to do a lot of those things COR rolls are great to have, and I have 2100 JP COR so I know they're great and think COR is a great job, but you can do those things without COR rolls, probably need GEO though.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-10 02:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry i write like ***the english.

The question. Anhi/Youchi Ranger ILV119 - 3. Can be competitive vs a DeathPenalty/Arma Corsair ILV119 3?

I dont feel for play a DPS Job without a Relic weapon at Least. I can't afford Empy/Mythic for the moment. So i wanna see if i can invert on RNG Relic and i can be Close of a Corsair.

The reason for i dont want gear my corsair yet. Everyone and their mother want play DPS jobs only, so bringing corsair wil be the death for my other DPS jobs. Corsair atm its really strong and in addition the buffs Lol

I will not dare to take a job without a Relic or Aeolic weapon at least Lol. People with Mythics and me using oboro weapon? Rofl

The short answer is you can't compare them. The pt setup that anni RNGs good for(old school rng setup) is completely different from arma/DP COR, which is more of a magical setup weapon.

Comparing anni RNG to Arma/DP cor is like comparing BLM to BLU. They only work well in certain setups.

Verda said: »
Armageddon is a much more expensive weapon than either and a lot more time consuming to make. It features a magical WS that gives less enmity the more TP you have rather than more damage. It does a lot of damage at 1k tp though and the aftermath is good. It should probably win even though in the hands of RNG and full party buff situation vs COR, RNG should win. It gets % boosts to attack from velocity shot, more snapshot and rapidshot, more trueshot, and more accuracy and attack. I don't know that either relic would beat it in the hands of a COR though unless magical WS was just really terrible, but even then Last Stand is AGI based WS. In solo with trust situations, I'd still expect RNG to win pure dps wise, and it should since it has no support capabilities. RNG also gets access to more MAB gear, and better gear choices in general on top of higher stats, gifts and job points more damage focused, and higher tier traits. Wizards Roll and Tact roll or Tact + Misers for spamming can make COR win out in some situations in that regard though.

Mythic you should really compare mythic to. Trueflight and Leaden have same stats. There's a lot more mob families weak to light damage than weak to dark but that's sort of beside the point. Magical WS don't count the damage from MAB in the enmity equation only the base damage, so it could actually pull less hate than Jishnu's despite larger WS numbers. But it comes down to basically all the same stuff I said for Armageddon.

With all that in mind, your question was would Relic RNG beat Empy/Mythic COR though and really, I think the answer is very situational. The mythic WS will have bigger closes as long as the mob doesn't have dark resistance and if buffs aren't favoring physical a ton more than magical. They don't really work together well though, because magical ws take an entire different set of buffs than physical WS. Part of the problem with these mythics is a need to hit the target, do good white damage, and then have buffs for big magical WS and you run out of support to do all that on very hard stuff so something has to go. You have to hit the mob and you have to have big WS... so attack/def would be last thing to worry about. So in those sort of situations you wouldn't be doing very big number physical WS at all. And if you go the other way, and start replacing the geo-malaise with geo-frailty you'll have a situation where the magical WS is underpowered. With RNG there's a lot more acc available so it isn't as big an issue unless you really need/want that 3 hit build or something.

I'm not exactly convinced RNG would beat COR in a magical setup. Besides malevolence are there any mab gear that only RNG can use? Or am I missing any gear that only rng can use? Because if both job uses wf with arma and same sub, malevolance is only 17 more mab than fettering, but COR has 14 mab gift from job traits(according to outdated bg wiki info that is)and 35 more from mythic ammo(RNGs mythic mab ammo is bolt not bullet) Not to mention cor's ability to deal dmg and gain tp via QD and boost 25% wf dmg via fire shot.

Both jobs can cap snapshot these days so snapshot is no longer an rng advantage, due to how dangerous aoe move can be, true shot is also not all that relevant with a gun. Although rng still has offensive ability to deal more physical dmg during tp phase, it's kinda not relevant in magic setup without buffs.

If both using mythics and mythic ws, last time I checked, leaden still has higher ftp than trueflight, and more affinity gears. Again, not seeing trueflight beating leaden on paper.

TP speedwise, COR is also easier to 1 shot to 1000 tp with triple shot, since you only need to 4 hit instead of 3. With the ability to self reset triple shot whenever it's down.

Although trueflight has SC and elemental properties leaden doesn't have. But unless I'm missing something, on paper I'm not seeing RNG magical build winning.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-05-10 02:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Well, I wouldn't say you need COR's buffs specifically, you can cap pdif without chaos roll, though chaos roll is nice. You can also do 3 hit sets without sam roll, and you can cap snapshot without any outside help now, even without flurry once you have enough job points. Anyway, you're right to do a lot of those things COR rolls are great to have, and I have 2100 JP COR so I know they're great and think COR is a great job, but you can do those things without COR rolls, probably need GEO though.

I think what he meant is that COR gains more dps because it can self buff, v.s RNG that can't and needs to rely on another COR for equal amount of buffs.
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 130 131 132