New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 130 131 132
By Verda 2017-02-15 17:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

As I've said before foma and gastra are most competitive at low tp, my last test I did in sky on the pots there i got about 24k TF with foma and 26k with gastra. I'd still say taht's a pretty significant improvement, which only gets better as you get higher tp and double down on that by utilizing closing skillchains which most often are done at 3k tp.

As far as the spreadsheet, it's pretty accurate imo. If you add in the new delay or put the one I linked then it gives you good numbers. There could still be things missing but you could state that of any spreadsheet.

Here's what I get using the same sets at 1k tp with foma vs gastra with storms II on:
Foma + Animikii: 40691 w/o storms II: 30951
Gastra + Quelling: 44671 w/o storms II: 36407

The shots till ws is 1.48 on foma and 1.69 on Gastra.

Gastra fires at 264 tp return with 361 + 45 a hit, this would make three hit fire at around 1076 + 250 tp with moonshade is 1326 effective TP. Then you'd have conserve TP procs too.

Foma fires at 306 tp return with 415+45 a hit, this would make three hit fire at around 1226 TP and 1976 effective TP.

Gastra has besides 28 MAB and 30% multiplier applied as a separate term in it's favor and -10 magic acc

Using trueflight's numbers:
1k tp 3.890625
2k tp 6.4921875

2.6015625 is what's at stake between 1 and 2k tp.
1326/2000 * 2.6015625 = 1.7248
1976/2000 * 2.6015625 = 2.57

(3.890625 + 1.7248)/(3.890625 + 2.57) = 5.585425 / 6.460625 = .864
so a 13.4% gain from TP alone for foma.

The 28 extra mab and 30% unique term will definitely beat it out even at 1k TP.

I don't know why I have to go through this so much though. No one is in the COR forum claiming Foma is the best Leaden Weapon and the situation is nearly identical. It feels like ppl just don't want to make mythic and like guns. Fine! Like guns and don't make a mythic. But even if I test it in game foma doesn't win at 1k tp and everyone at least agrees it will lose at high tp. The difference I'm noticing is like 2k TP without buffs at all with my sets, and for high TP it's a lot more. If that is or isn't worth a mythic to you that's your business.

This set will give you 68 STP with Gastra and hits most things in the game with buffs:
Code
Head	Arcadian +1
Neck	Iskur Gorget
Earring	Dedition
Earring	Telos
Body	Orion +3
Hands	Adhemar +1 C15
Ring	Apate
Ring	Rajas
Back	Belenus's AGI/STP
Waist	Yemyaya Belt
Legs	Adhemar +1 C15
Feet	Adhemar +1 C15

+1's not even necessary you just want lucky sam or at least a 9 if crooked, from my experience which isn't too hard, you're not even making the COR keep up perpetual 11's like I did for so much aeonics...
[+]
By Verda 2017-02-15 18:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

When it's not lightsday or darksday I'll do 1k tp tests on mosquitos using daedalus wing to ensure I'm 1k tp (though a little over for gun since it's got stp). Just irritated cuz it's like the 8th time it's come up and it gets tired after a while.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-15 19:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Your numbers are off.

You don't do 1326/2000 and 1976/2000 to compare how much ftp is gained.. you do 326/1000 and 976/1000. You're measuring how much of the 1000-2000 range is passed. I hope the spreadsheet isn't coded that way..

That means it's really:
326/1000 * 2.6015625 = 0.848109375
976/1000 * 2.6015625 = 2.539125

(the way you did the math)
(3.890625 + .848109375)/(3.890625 + 2.539125) = 4.738734375 / 6.42975 = 0.7370013414207395

1 - .737 = .264 (or in your case, you said 13.4% for your numbers)

Really, though, that's misrepresenting the data. If you're looking at gain, you'd be dividing the higher number by the lower. If gastraphetes does 73.7% as much damage as fomalhaut, then fomalhaut does 1 / .737 = 35.68% more damage than gastraphetes.

Now, by your own numbers, that means fomal's tp bonus and overflow tp is 1.3568 / 1.3 = 4.369% damage AHEAD of the unique 30% term. It's also roughly somewhere around 5-8% slower per cycle in reality, so the question of which is better for spamming comes down to how much of that is made up in tp phase. They're incredibly close and no, the spreadsheet doesn't adequately model that as is. You're also missing that gastra will be delayed an extra shot every time relic hat doesn't proc on certain sam rolls, while fomalhaut will just lose a tiny bit of http://ftp.
By Verda 2017-02-15 20:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

lvl 123 mosquito
1k TF with gastra: 25,667
1k TF with martial gun: 24,110
1.1k TF with foma: 23,206

25,667 / 23,206 = 1.106

So gastra leads in ws dmg at 1k tp by 10.6% with my current set. It was a pita btw to get all level 123 mosquitos but I didn't want any accusations of bad testing.

From above, the Foma test should be done at 1,150 TP but getting that last 50 tp reliably would be a pain and wont' change the outcome either way.

For completion's sake here's 3k TP:
Level 123 Mosquito:
3k TF with Gastra: 49020
3k TF with Foma: 35012
3k TF with Martial Gun: 31214

Also I don't use the 2 MAB bullets because I have no reason to because I have gastra, but I don't think that will do much either way.

I will concede you're better at math than me, but I've been asked this question a lot. Most of the spreadsheet is motenten's work, I just added what was missing and it's always up for peer review if you wish to contribute to improving it. So far Chiaia, snaps, Byrth, this mule guy, and more have looked at it and I'm always trying to improve it as well. It's easy to criticize but hard to build something. If for some reason you think I'm lying about my results, I'll make a video, I probably should have to begin with but it took me about 20 mins.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-15 20:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The math is known already, so not sure what you plan to accomplish firing off a bunch of 1k ws. Look at your own example above, fomalhaut also ends at significantly higher tp, and if you calculate it out the ftp difference gives fomalhaut more damage than the unique 30% term.

A bunch of isolated examples mean nothing, you can draw a few conclusions relatively easily.

-gastra gets 5.2-8.7% faster tp->ws cycles
-Fomalhaut's ws damage is ~4.3% ahead prior to the difference in mdamage and mab from bullets when both are 3hitting
-Fomalhaut's white damage is significantly higher.
-Fomalhaut has other tp set bonuses.
-Fomalhaut will not be changed to a 4hit if recycle hat doesn't proc or cor shits up their roll.
-Double shot procs add both more TP and more white damage to fomalhaut

To accurately integrate all of these, you need a better model than the spreadsheet. You definitely need more information than blindly comparing 1k tp to 1k tp.
By Verda 2017-02-15 21:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
To accurately integrate all of these, you need a better model than the spreadsheet. You definitely need more information than blindly comparing 1k tp to 1k tp.

No, not really.

The 1k TF above is 1250 vs the 1326 we'd expect in real situations with the gear I setup.

The 1.1k TF with foma is 1850 vs the 1976 we'd expect in a real life like situation with the gear I setup.

The martial gun, is there to compare to, and was fired at 2250 effective TP. If TP were really king then we'd prob sub war and not even use a 2nd dagger.

TP isn't even the biggest add to TF damage. The difference between a 1250 effective and 3k actual is also a bit inflated in this case due to switching earrings at 3k tp, but I'm going to trust in game results more than all the math that supposedly models it in the world.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-15 21:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you saying the formula is wrong or what? Youre avoiding the math, ignoring that your original math is wrong, and focusing on one example that wasnt exact to begin with..
By Verda 2017-02-15 21:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm saying if in doubt, we model the game and test the game we don't force the game to model our math b/c that would be silly. I edited my post above in reply to it I don't think you read that, as far as if there's formulas wrong I'm not sure. If you showed your full work maybe I could look at it but as I said, you tend to be better at it than me as far as math is concerned but peer review doesn't hurt and I'm not math illiterate by any means. I'll strongly disagree though that in game tests aren't going to be good enough especially looking at tp gain. Gastra is superior for trueflight as it was designed to be.

Also you stated one missed recycle proc would cause gastra to be short. That's not accurate at least in my setup, if you fire at 1076 TP you'd have to miss 2 recycle to miss a round (or miss a shot in both weapons case). Which can happen but is a better case than you gave.

One of the first things I was interested in and did when I got Foma was test it with trueflight and I feel like I've been having to explain it ever since. If anything COR has more of a chance of this being true but no one has issue because it's a gun. But them being able to use living bullets on foma would actually make it more true for COR than ranger.
 Asura.Baddog
Server: Asura
user: Maddog
By Asura.Baddog 2017-02-21 00:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've finished my ag anni and have been using it in omen. My last stand numbers have been pretty lame though. Today I obtained Orion head +2 and finished my agi/wsd cape, I had been using mumm head and agi/stp cape before those. My accessories are near bis. My herc legs and feet have 10-15 agi and 28+ ratk,but no wsd. I have been using af3 body since I've had bad luck on herc augs and meg hands.

I hoping with today's upgrades I will fare better, and I guess I really need that wsd term on my herc gear.

Sorry for the personal log type of post but am I heading in the right direction here?

When does the wsd apply? If I did 10k before and add 5% wsd would I now do 10500?

Also I saw you using herc hands in your set, meg hands seem really hard to beat though
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2017-02-21 02:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed most you guys who are pro rngs are almost exclusively using guns, even in physical damage setups and when enmity is not an issue. Is there any reason why bows are not getting as much love?
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-02-21 06:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Baddog said: »
So I've finished my ag anni and have been using it in omen. My last stand numbers have been pretty lame though. Today I obtained Orion head +2 and finished my agi/wsd cape, I had been using mumm head and agi/stp cape before those. My accessories are near bis. My herc legs and feet have 10-15 agi and 28+ ratk,but no wsd. I have been using af3 body since I've had bad luck on herc augs and meg hands.

I hoping with today's upgrades I will fare better, and I guess I really need that wsd term on my herc gear.

Sorry for the personal log type of post but am I heading in the right direction here?

When does the wsd apply? If I did 10k before and add 5% wsd would I now do 10500?

Also I saw you using herc hands in your set, meg hands seem really hard to beat though

WSD only procs on the first hit of Last Stand, which is 2-hit.

If your damage feels off, you could be outright missing the 2nd shot if you don't have enough RAcc in your WS set.

I roll w/ a Anni RNG who's WS set is mostly Meghanada and he does pretty good damage in Omen. It could be that your gear is up to the task, but your support is lacking something.
 Asura.Baddog
By Asura.Baddog 2017-02-21 08:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The only extra acc I get in omen is sushi. Static gives me **** if I ask for a buff other than attack lol. I guess I'll try using accuracy rings over agi rings and see how I do
By Blazed1979 2017-02-21 09:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xijaah said: »
I've noticed most you guys who are pro rngs are almost exclusively using guns, even in physical damage setups and when enmity is not an issue. Is there any reason why bows are not getting as much love?
Everytime I pull out Yoichi I get clobbered by the other RNGs. When I use Annhi I am consistently first. I haven't checked spreadsheet in ages nor am I able to math out yoichi vs Annhi like Verda is. I go by experience and parses. Maybe the Math says the same thing, maybe it doesn't. If the later, then I need some insights on how to bring Yoichi up to par with Annhi because I AG'd it and am seriously wondering WHY!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-21 10:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Low delays have very little value due to the way ranged attack delay is limited by player reaction time and packet flow. This is bad for bow and crossbow.

It can be overcome by other stats(Gandiva and Gastraphetes are both still good weapons), but it seriously holds them back.
 Asura.Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2017-02-21 10:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

One would expect the bigger damage from JR to make up for that, im curious of why it doesnt. Might have to do with TP overflow, since you very rarely ws at exactly 1000tp anyway.
Also bgwiki says guns cap at 3.5 pdif while bows at 3.25.
Of course you would fire at the sweet spot with bow and generally not with gun, and with all the true shot rng gets, im surprised it's still not enough to even compete.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-02-21 11:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The delay on Fail-not and Fomalhaut are the same, but the range/ammo DMG combination is greater on the latter (440 vs 467) and Fomalhaut TP Bonus 500 will add a lot to Last Stand. That said, the sweet spot for gun is impractically close while for longbow you can avoid some AoE. In some situations it might be better to use Fail-not/Gandiva.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-21 11:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Last Stand / True Flight both beat Jinshu's / Apex for damage. DEX as a mod really cripples JR when AGI / STR are the primary damage mods for Ranged WS's. JR and Apex also have very poor TP scaling which wastes a lot of potential power.
 Asura.Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2017-02-21 12:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Last Stand / True Flight both beat Jinshu's / Apex for damage. DEX as a mod really cripples JR when AGI / STR are the primary damage mods for Ranged WS's. JR and Apex also have very poor TP scaling which wastes a lot of potential power.
how does dex cripple JR? i mean, one could say the more agi the more racc, but if you dont miss (which u dont, with the ridiculous amount of racc rng gets), why would it hurt it? not trying to start a debate, just genuinely want to know.
By geigei 2017-02-21 12:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Is more like crit ws is left behind with the absurd amount of buffs we get now, is happening to cdc too, buffed savage trash it.
By clearlyamule 2017-02-21 12:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

how does dex cripple JR? i mean, one could say the more agi the more racc, but if you dont miss (which u dont, with the ridiculous amount of racc rng gets), why would it hurt it? not trying to start a debate, just genuinely want to know.
The problem is your assumption that you wont miss. Particularly if you are gearing for dex/crit. On harder targets you definitely just wont auto cap in any ws set you throw together so the agi can help. Also should be noted that ranged crit hit rate is based on dagi so you are missing out on crit rate that all the other dex modded crit ws get.
 Bahamut.Colonelace
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2017-02-21 12:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Dex is to melee as AGI is to ranged. that being said agi is not just range acc it is also crit rate on ranged attack, so DEX isnt as beneficial to a rng as opposed to a melee job.

AGI Ranged
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-02-21 13:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear that has Critical Hit Rate/Critical Hit Damage also tends to have STR/DEX on it. You might even be better off with a DEX mod due to this. It will outperform Last Stand when fully buffed (Rogue's Roll adds a lot), at least according to the spreadsheet.
 Asura.Baddog
By Asura.Baddog 2017-02-21 14:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Also critical ranged is dAGI rather than dDEX of melee. So if you're stacking dex for your ws mod you are losing some critical chance on jishnu.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-02-21 14:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Gear that has Critical Hit Rate/Critical Hit Damage also tends to have STR/DEX on it. You might even be better off with a DEX mod due to this. It will outperform Last Stand when fully buffed (Rogue's Roll adds a lot), at least according to the spreadsheet.
Somewhat depends on jobs on the gear what stat pairs with what stats somewhat. Like awesome omen body definitely has more agi. But really most ilvl gear is going to have tons of all 3 stats except the of most legs will tend to have bad dex and most gloves will tend to have bad agi outside of god stuff. But in non ilvl slots the ones that have crit hit rate tend to not have much in the way of any base stats and there are a few slots without much so you'd probably be loading on base stats, racc/ratt, so there being able to add to wsc while also adding to racc and crit hit rate with the same stat would be a nice boon. But yes Jishnu's can be pretty good as is
 Sylph.Chocobro
Server: Sylph
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2017-02-21 15:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was playing with Jishnu's and Last Stand with the sheet, they were pretty similar in damage with the aeonic bow and gun. Last Stand seems the way to go since it's way easier to gear for. Unless you are able to position yourself in the correct range or you need specific skillchain properties that archery has, I don't see myself ever using it.
 Asura.Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2017-02-21 15:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Chocobro said: »
When I was playing with Jishnu's and Last Stand with the sheet, they were pretty similar in damage with the aeonic bow and gun. Last Stand seems the way to go since it's way easier to gear for. Unless you are able to position yourself in the correct range or you need specific skillchain properties that archery has, I don't see myself ever using it.
I find It way easier to gear up for JR, as im ocd and suboptimal oseem augments make me uncomfortable.
By Feanorsof 2017-02-21 17:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I was also fairly disappointed with my AG Yoichi, it's main utility has been a distortion ws (Namas) and the high RACC although these days I don't feel like its needed anymore.

JR does suck to gear for, you have a lot more stats to consider and stacking AGI on LS is great, you get RACC from it too, where as DEX does just the one thing which is ironic as JR is 3 hit and really could do with the extra RACC.

I have spent a lot of time on my JR gear lately and Yoichi still feels like it lags behind Annihilator, which drove me to work on Gandiva.

Going by my parses i'm certain that on longer fights Gandiva beats out my gun most of the time, its easy to keep up AM and above all fun watching all the triple damage shots especially with double shot up.Stacking crit rate whilst the aftermath is up is also really beneficial and i've been making more use of Camo then ever before.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-21 17:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Also critical ranged is dAGI rather than dDEX of melee. So if you're stacking dex for your ws mod you are losing some critical chance on jishnu.

That's a big reason, the biggest is that DEX does absolutely nothing for ranged WS's, similar to how AGI does absolutely nothing for melee WS's. Further more, gear with lots of Ranged Attack / Ranged Accuracy also tends to have more AGI then DEX, gearing just for DEX leaves you missing out on Ranged Acc / Atk. It's a bad situation to be in because it prevents the WS from being exploited for huge damage like Last Stand is. A long long time ago me and Byrth got into a discussion regarding JR vs LS and I was supporting JR (this is before iLevel vommit) because you could get it to be about the same. The problem was that AGI effects crit and it's far easier to stack one WS mode then multiple, so on higher level stuff the extra acc from AGI paid off more.

I honestly do believe a developer at SE screwed up the WS mods for Blade: Hi and JR and just refused to acknowledge it.
 Sylph.Kollosis
Server: Sylph
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2017-02-23 14:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont play much anymore so my sets are sort of lagging behind, but in my experience in Omen so far, I do think Last stand will outperform Jishnu's if youre using anything but Gandiva. Just eyeballing so dont take my words to heart but with minimal buffs (sam/chaos roll and distract) up my Fomal Last Stands cant keep up to JR and AM3 of Gandiva. We also dont purposefully setup Radiance or anything so maybe thats why, but its just food for thought. If youre lazy and just want something that performs well in most if not all scenarios, gun is perfect.
 Odin.Taffy
Server: Odin
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-03-02 10:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a big reason, the biggest is that DEX does absolutely nothing for ranged WS's, similar to how AGI does absolutely nothing for melee WS's. Further more, gear with lots of Ranged Attack / Ranged Accuracy also tends to have more AGI then DEX, gearing just for DEX leaves you missing out on Ranged Acc / Atk. It's a bad situation to be in because it prevents the WS from being exploited for huge damage like Last Stand is. A long long time ago me and Byrth got into a discussion regarding JR vs LS and I was supporting JR (this is before iLevel vommit) because you could get it to be about the same. The problem was that AGI effects crit and it's far easier to stack one WS mode then multiple, so on higher level stuff the extra acc from AGI paid off more.

I honestly do believe a developer at SE screwed up the WS mods for Blade: Hi and JR and just refused to acknowledge it.

And then there was this https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Utu_Grip
First Page 2 3 ... 100 101 102 ... 130 131 132