Forum » FFXI » General » Ok lets change the topic all together
Ok lets change the topic all together
 Shiva.Jirachi
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-05-11 04:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I know for a Vereth Monk a Black Belt is a lot more attractive than a Twilight Belt. But here are problems im having:

Haste?-> if you can get enough haste why does it matter what year you use?

Store TP? Monk dosnt get much Store TP at all, if you want them to have Store TP get a Goading Belt

Attack?-> When does a Haste set need attack?

PTD?-> Yes its nicer to have PTD gear but monk can cap it without black belt too.

STR?-> Its nice to have the +12STR but MNK needs some Critcal hit rate and Attack to help Victo smite too, its not just STR Based.

Now that ive covered why i dont think what gear you use for a haste set needs to be top dog gear. Here are the troubles im having with this server and getting my items.
-> Leader steals drops, they will wait you out if you refuse to lot until it drops infact, turn on auto drop to themselves warp and disband.

-> Making my own groups? Players have spread some stuff about my linkshell and alot of people refuse to help people from my own linkshell now, we all help each other out when we can, and no one complains if they have to wait.

-> using current linkshell for help? Alot of the players in the linkshell are new or returning after many years and the ones who arent either dont save their seals often enough or have already used them.

-> Buying them? Yeah pay mrleader 2m for the beard and he decides he wants what he wants because hes the one who has 5 chars to do it with.

Can i ask if anyone else is having these problems? or if maybe people can just stfu about what help a mnk uses?
 Ragnarok.Tarusofo
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neptune
By Ragnarok.Tarusofo 2013-05-11 04:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Subtle Blow, Black Belt has Subtle Blow, not Store TP.

Can't really comment on the rest as I'm no MNK, but some TP sets now include Windbuffet belt instead of Black Belt (though they other pieces of gear such as Thaumas coat/Usukane +1 and the likes).
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-05-11 04:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

By the store TP i ment taking off a haste piece to put on a Store TP piece, like removing +2 head to put on, uhh idk anything with store TP mnk can get.

i dont think Subtle Blow matters anymore, SE giving all mosb Regain now >.>
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-05-11 04:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Your comparisons are weird.
If you don't want to get BB, or can't get BB, but can make your TP set work without it(There are plenty of options right now apparently), go do that.

Quote:
STR?-> Its nice to have the +12STR but MNK needs some Critcal hit rate and Attack to help Victo smite too, its not just STR Based.
Two points above this you say a haste set doesn't need attack.
What does crit rate have to do with your belt anyways? What does BB have to do with Smite(You aren't using it for smite)?
How bad of a reputation did your ls get that you can't find help for anything? What did your members do that was so damn awful?

Edit: I think I'm just not understand what you're asking(If you're asking a question) or what problems you are having. Most of this isn't making any sense to me. Who's advocating removing haste gear for Store TP?
 Fenrir.Deno
Server: Fenrir
user: deno
By Fenrir.Deno 2013-05-11 04:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can't get BB just wear twilight and TP in those bayld hands, or can ditch af3 feet for delve feet. It's not ideal but you'd only lose 1% haste and some att or kick att damage.

BB only has 7 str also, so you're not missing out on an amazing WS piece.
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-05-11 04:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

@Deno Thanks, i thought it was 12, must been thinking about the haste, god my head hurts so bad after losing over 1k BS and KS in the last few weeks and having all this stuff said about Vereth MNK and Twilight Belt.

Ill need to work on getting into Delve...i do have a WHM people need those...(saying that they dont have their mules on their backs)

Maybe its just this server...Half them think their gods and the other are a mix of once a month players, new people, rmt and returning people who are lost, and WHM mules
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-05-11 05:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Jirachi said: »
We use to invite anyone into the linkshell until one day ***** got invited, he was a botter hacker stealer modder, not kidding he modded his character to use Taru RSE for his SAM for the extra STR.

Now not quite on topic, but, I'd love this mod. I'd love to know how it works, as a windower developer, I can't think of any fathomable way to do that short of some major packet spoofing which would result in an instant ban, alternatively you could change the memory for your equipment client side but thats purely visual.

Sounds like a lie to me...

Player Warnings aren't allowed, so keep the topic to your mnk gear and not a player warning, especially when you're lying... Unless I'm missing something, which I doubt.
[+]
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-05-11 05:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said: »
Player Warnings aren't allowed, so keep the topic to your mnk gear and not a player warning, especially when you're lying... Unless I'm missing something, which I doubt.
Yeah after this enough about that guy, hes been banned on like 9 chars for every mod in the book.
But just wanted to give a name so if anyone from this server reads it the might understand what we had to go through.
But yeah its off topic.

Why do people hate Twilight Belted MNKs? >< i do the best i can with what i have, i dont go 1/1-20 like most people, i went over 600(nonwipe) Pils to even get my dang Toci's... and alot of people go 1/10 on that...so imagine my luck on a normal item...
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-05-11 05:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

We use to invite anyone into the linkshell until one day ******* got invited, he was a botter hacker stealer modder, not kidding he modded his character to use Taru RSE for his SAM for the extra STR.

Now not quite on topic, but, I'd love this mod. I'd love to know how it works, as a windower developer, I can't think of any fathomable way to do that short of some major packet spoofing which would result in an instant ban, alternatively you could change the memory for your equipment client side but thats purely visual.

Lying is a bit strong. Considering the person, he's just an extreme gullible idiot that is exaggerating.

Yes RSE from other races will appear available to be equipped when you use Wardrobe/Plasticsurgeon but you won't be able to equip it because despite your client showing yourself as X, you are still Y.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-11 05:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: 'cause I probably don't need the infractions
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-05-11 05:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
We use to invite anyone into the linkshell until one day ******** got invited, he was a botter hacker stealer modder, not kidding he modded his character to use Taru RSE for his SAM for the extra STR.

Lying is a bit strong. Considering the person, he's just an extreme gullible idiot that is exaggerating.

Yes RSE from other races will appear available to be equipped when you use Wardrobe/Plasticsurgeon but you won't be able to equip it because despite your client showing yourself as X, you are still Y.

Im not even kidding you i examined an Elvaan promise you an elvaan can tell you the exact face style he had, and he was wearing Taru RSE for his WS set at a 51 SAM, promise you, this guy had mods up the pantload.

Anyway lets try to keep this on topic.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-11 05:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

On topic is right here

You want the "Equipment" section, particularly the "I Beat Abyssea! Gear" subsection

But really, you should do some exploring on Wiki before any of that, because you have some serious fundamental misunderstandings about how this game works

And on that note, you should really be sure that you understand any pertinent subject matter before making wildly ignorant accusations regarding other players
[+]
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-05-11 06:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

k ive been awake for 24 hours and just lost over 1k BS and KS let me try to reword this as close to possible to let people understand what i mean.

People on this server think that be >>Black Belt<< Should be used in the following sets:
PTD
Haste
Subtle Blow
Victory Smite

i get crap said to me all the time because i use the Twilight Belt, i dont buy gil and am trying to improve Monk the most currently. But i only have 2 pieces of NNI Gear, i only have like 4 VW pieces because my luck is next to nothing. And if i try to WS in MNK AF+2 and a Twilight belt isnt that worse than some AHable gear?

I also dont have any Delve sets, ive only done 1 and we ended in multiple wipes, so until people know how to do them without dying all the time i wont do them.

I just want to know why people make a big deal over a MNK Tping in a Twilight Belt.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-05-11 06:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You're asking people to teach you to write Shakespearean sonnets when you haven't learned rudimentary literacy skills yet

Seriously, go explore Wiki, go explore the guide I linked. Nothing that anyone tells you is going to do anything for you because you lack a fundamental understanding of basic game mechanics
[+]
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-05-11 06:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok whatever, im a complete idiot and know nothing about this game, im going to go into aby with my single atma and no enhancements with my perle set and try to solo a carabosse. if i die ill play zombie until its dead.

I know what wikis say and thats why ive farmed what ive got, the topc was just a simple:

Black Belt V.S. Twilight, and i wanted to know why people want the black belt so much when haste is so easy to cape on mnk.
then i asked *is it because this stat? can they replace a piece of gear with this if they use a black belt?* i guess i didnt make it as clear as i thought i was. I try farming this stuff that your trying to tell me i need.

let me give you kind of an example that happened to me and i feel like is happening again.

*When 90 cap came out and we all wanted our seals i tried farming WAR Seals, but i was told i cannot have WAR seals because my WAR is not +1ed.*
Make sense? of course not. But that how people on this server act.
"Want Delve Gear? get Delve gear first"
"Want Phyros for your DRK? Get Phyros before you come DRK and if you want to come SCH your going to need those Nares Legs to keep your MP up"

youknow what im completely lost in this topic now,

Just wanted peoples opinion on why the Black Belt is so godly to the master monk, but not its about how crappy of a player i am apprently.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-05-11 06:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Twilight belt isn't a bad item but it doesn't have the same uses as Black Belt. Also, having 5% more on the belt allows to put better pieces in other slots. It's not about capping haste, but capping haste with X, Y and Z items rather than A, B and C. It gives better results. BB allows for more room to play with gear and have a more optimal setup.

If you check the guide you were linked to, you'll see what kind of gear is adviced and why. It's very well made with low requirement sets and all, so that you can have an idea of what is needed, when and why.

From there you can easily understand that you can build sets with Twilight belt while trying to acquire your Black Belt, or just go with Twilight belt if the current sets use it (flavor of the month etc).

Regarding people's attitude, you should grow above that. Read the MNK guide, ask questions in it if you didn't understand something, learn, gain confidence, build your own set based on advices you can find there, enjoy the game without listening to people who most likely didn't even read the guide's title.

Good luck.
[+]
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-05-11 06:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

@Senkyuutai

Thank You, the main problem i have here is there is no Legion Linkshell on my server that will accept me, and those pieces look the best for some of the sets...
i really like the stats on Tenryu Tekko...

Guess this is more of a server issue at this point...dont have enough to transfer servers though...

and about building my own sets. ive tried and that led to this... so clearly i cannot do it by myself...lol...>.>
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-05-11 07:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think nowadays most MNKs are using winbuffet in their tp set since they can easily cap haste and get DA%+ from other gears.
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-05-11 07:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The only NNI gear i have is Thaumas legs and Phyros Hands though, :/ do i take off 7% haste when i dont have the 3% from the body with the 3% DA TA QA?...heck looking at that forum i have to toss my MNK set and start completely over...lol..
By Latifah 2013-05-11 07:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering why the "ls reputation" was pointed out
Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Your comparisons are weird.
If you don't want to get BB, or can't get BB, but can make your TP set work without it(There are plenty of options right now apparently), go do that.

Quote:
Two points above this you say a haste set doesn't need attack.
What does crit rate have to do with your belt anyways? What does BB have to do with Smite(You aren't using it for smite)?
How bad of a reputation did your ls get that you can't find help for anything? What did your members do that was so damn awful?

Edit: I think I'm just not understand what you're asking(If you're asking a question) or what problems you are having. Most of this isn't making any sense to me. Who's advocating removing haste gear for Store TP?
Get off that lvl 75 cloud, 90% of players uses linkshells for social purposes only atm. nobody cares about reputation, almost/everything is done with pick ups now, even delve.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2013-05-11 07:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

@Senkyuutai

Thank You, the main problem i have here is there is no Legion Linkshell on my server that will accept me, and those pieces look the best for some of the sets...

Guess this is more of a server issue at this point...dont have enough to transfer servers though...

and about building my own sets. ive tried and that led to this... so clearly i cannot do it by myself...lol...>.>
tenryu tekko are not even from legion

edit: and how did you end up with those two as your only nni pieces? that would require at least one win, and neither is something i'd pick first.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-05-11 07:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The only NNI gear i have is Thaumas legs and Phyros Hands though, :/ do i take off 7% haste when i dont have the 3% from the body with the 3% DA TA QA?...heck looking at that forum i have to toss my MNK set and start completely over...lol..

Don't toss your set lol.
Twilight belt can fit in some tp sets, you'll just have to work a little on your mnk. It really worth it.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-05-11 09:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I know for a Vereth Monk a Black Belt is a lot more attractive than a Twilight Belt. But here are problems im having:
If you can cap haste with twilight, and can't make any improvements to other slots at the cost of haste BB would cover then the DA will do more for you in the long run.

Haste?-> if you can get enough haste why does it matter what gear you use?
You want to cap haste with as few pieces as possible, so you can focus on other stuff like multi hits, attack, accuracy and crit rate. Less slots used for haste = more room for TA/DA/Attack/etc.

Store TP? Monk dosnt get much Store TP at all, if you want them to have Store TP get a Goading Belt
Do NOT use goading belt, you have much better options.

Attack?-> When does a Haste set need attack?
When you are attacking something other than fodder or 75 content. A huge portion of MNK's damage is dealt during TP phase.

PTD?-> Yes its nicer to have PTD gear but monk can cap it without black belt too.
Key words you are looking for here = "hybrid set". BB will give you 5% on it's own, but the extra haste will allow you to drop some haste from other slots, and fill them with -PDT.

STR?-> Its nice to have the +7STR but MNK needs some Critcal hit rate and Attack to help Victo smite too, its not just STR Based.
I thought we were talking about a haste set, not a ws set. Use Wanion belt, Caudata belt or something like that for WS.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-05-11 15:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

@Senkyuutai

Can't get Tenryu +1? Get one of the downgrades such as Brego, Omodaka etc.

It's really easy to gear in the right way and these advices are in the guide.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-05-11 15:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol shiva, there was only like 2 or 3 linkshells that were worth anything when I left, and one of them I know for a fact would not take a twilight belt monk, and I don't blame them considering everyone in there had a BB monk. The other one was a friends only or maybe friends of friends LS. That said, here we are May '13 and people still can't get a black belt.