Bhaf II (Ritualistic Plans)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Bhaf II (Ritualistic plans)
Bhaf II (Ritualistic plans)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-05-08 08:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking to do Bhaf II to start my usukane +1 and found a brief summary of a farming path on BG Wiki

Quote:
F1: East: Throat Tearer Tregotroq, then Smouldering Dahak
F2: Troll Occultist, then west -> northwest to Troll Guardian.
F3: Teleport East
F4: East: Archaic Gear, then Acrolith

That being said, it's pretty brief.

Should I be fine dual boxing with either mnk/thf + whm/sch (or rdm) or mnk/war(or /nin?) + whm/thf?

Any general tips or things I should be looking out for or paying attention to? Haven't done salvage 2 before.

Am I fine with two? (Have delve wep) or should I bring a third?
 Odin.Volane
Server: Odin
user: Volane
By Odin.Volane 2013-05-08 08:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You might have to consider not using CS on the first floor (just test it), but nonetheless mnk/war and whm/thf should grant you the faster runs.

Things to keep in mind:
- Floor 2 and Floor 3 lamps have charges according to the following rule: mobs killed on previous floor x10

- gears have increased aggro range when weather is up (guess you know that one), if you dont want to farm alex, avoid the third floor and just go up

- to make the 4th floor gear pop you have to defeat the gear floating lower first then the other one

The run is pretty easy and with a Delve weapon you will most likely destroy everything.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-05-08 08:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Also worth noting gears aggro range increase at night, starting at 18:00.

Also, not all weather increases the aggro range. Water/Thunder actually shorten the aggro range. Dark and Wind double it.
 Asura.Chexmix
Server: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2013-05-08 09:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Earth weather also increases the aggro range.

On the dahaks cancel buffs or keep them silenced. Ive found if you have hp unlocked its okay to leave a few up DD ones mainly haste etc.

If you attempt cerbs, make sure you have formless strikes preferably 5/5 with just two.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-05-08 09:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, thanks. Will give it a shot and see how it goes later today
 Cerberus.Leauce
Server: Cerberus
user: Leauce
By Cerberus.Leauce 2013-05-08 09:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Check out this guide I made when I worked through my usukane+1's.
It'll give you an idea of what to expect basically, and with a delve weapon, yeah, shouldn't be difficult for you.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Talk:Bhaflau_Remnants_II

Also, made a guide for arraII for farming usu 45s from khimaira.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Talk:Arrapago_Remnants_II

Good luck!
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-05-08 09:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The time limit for killing the gears in the final room of F4 is 2 minutes, I don't think a MNK should have too much trouble with that, especially with a Delve weapon.

Since its your first run though, I'd time the run and depending on how much time I have at F4, just pop the Cerb and then port up. It's not really worth killing NQ Cerb for his 10% Linen if you're low on time.
 Odin.Cyprias
Server: Odin
user: Cyprias
By Odin.Cyprias 2013-05-13 16:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just going to continue off this thread.

I don't have a dual-boxing character, but I do have decent gear for my MNK. Luckily this translates to my PUP just as well (With macro pieces of course).

My question is, if I have Rigors and Alternator, would PUP/DNC be viable to farm up for Ritualistic plans? I know there was a Kenkonken PUP that was doing this, but how about the Mythic-less PUP's?

I'll find people to warp me in, it's just mainly how the NM's will be as I'm in there. And of course, I understand I'll need the Ranged slot to even operate the robot at all.

EDIT: Just did this.
Thanks to a friend that showed me how to do it, I went PUP/THF with WHM auto and beat every NM. There are times where you'll have to ADD and possibly flee from the NM to prevent any further damage, but it gets the job done. With Rigors, mobs drop fairly quickly.
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2013-05-13 18:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I just started going MNK/THF +RDM/WHM 2box, counterstance all things up to NQ/HQ cerb, with phalanx II and protect, there's very few things that will do alot of dmg, the only thing that could potentially screw you is the Acrolith's Dismemberment (sp) which has done up to 1.7k dmg. Mnk has rigor, rdm mule is very basic 5/5 af3+2 and rdm acessories, the run takes exactly 1hr-1:10mins max (that includes NQ cerb too)