First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 41 42 43
 Odin.Taffy
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-03-09 09:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Feanorsof said: »
Has anyone worked out whether Spaekona +3 gloves will beat out NQ Amalric hands for MB? I know it asked previously but didn't see a reply to that.

Also Niobid vs Enki?

Trying to figure out whether I should work on Spaekona +3 hands or body first.

Enki beats Noibod except for Death. This I have tested.

+3 will beat NQ amalric for most content imo. I haven't even started working on them yet as I'm dragged to omen as thf or whm QQ
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-03-09 09:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Amalric Gages will almost certainly not, 38 MAB is a ton to pass up for 3 MB.
 Odin.Taffy
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-03-09 10:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Amalric Gages will almost certainly not, 38 MAB is a ton to pass up for 3 MB.

As I said, I haven't tested but after the most recent update I will take 52 Macc with 8 MBD II over 38 MAB 15 MACC and 5 MBD II - the Int difference is marginal but also helps.

I very well may be wrong - but I'll be making them and testing them as soon as I can get them. We tried Albumen and Schah this week and resist rate was pretty bad post update I want all the Macc i can get QQ
By Feanorsof 2017-03-09 10:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the magic damage do so little its not even worth adding it into the calculation?
By geigei 2017-03-09 10:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

+3 gloves wont even come close to amalric nq, and thats for death, on elemental is even worse. Math it before spreading disease.
[+]
By Luthiene 2017-04-01 12:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey All,

Im a noob BLM, just wondering whats the most efficeint way to setup my macros?

All Tiers of same element in 1 row? or same tier of all elements in one row? Would highly value to see your macro sets

Thanks,
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-04-01 12:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i have all the ajas on ctrl, then aga3s on alt, i use 7-0 for like, haste/alacrity (same macro), phalanx/klimaform (same macro), aspirs, stun, stoneskin/aquaveil. i have shortcuts set up so that all i need to do is type s6, w6, a6, f6, b6, t6 to cast tier 6 spells etc
By Luthiene 2017-04-01 12:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i have all the ajas on ctrl, then aga3s on alt, i use 7-0 for like, haste/alacrity (same macro), phalanx/klimaform (same macro), aspirs, stun, stoneskin/aquaveil. i have shortcuts set up so that all i need to do is type s6, w6, a6, f6, b6, t6 to cast tier 6 spells etc

How do you set those shortcuts?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-04-01 12:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

there should be a settings file in the folder that shows you exactly how they set up shortcuts, then you can add them for w/e spells you want
By Luthiene 2017-04-01 12:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

there should be a settings file in the folder that shows you exactly how they set up shortcuts, then you can add them for w/e spells you want
What folder? Windower? Gearswap? Actual game folder?
 Odin.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-04-01 12:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Luthiene said: »
What folder? Windower? Gearswap? Actual game folder?
Windower4/Addons/Shortcuts

Ofc, you need have Shortcuts installed.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-04-01 12:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry i assumed you knew that shortcuts was an addon, my bad
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-04-01 18:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I do macro a ton, probably more then I need. However, here's my basic concept in layout:

Horizontally, all macros progress left to right in this order -

THUNDER - ICE - AERO - FIRE - WATER - EARTH

Ctrls are single target, Alts are aga/aja. First row of Alts are enfeebles-

DIA2 - PARA - SILENCE - BLIND - POISON2 - SLOW

(Trying to coordinate with the elemental theme still)

Last row of Alts I use are the elemental enfeebles, again matching horizontal theme.
Both Ctrl and Alt 7, on every page, is Stun. Ctrl 8,9,10 first page are buffs, 2nd they are Aspirs, 3rd Drain/gravity/bind, 4th ctrl 9,10 are single target sleeps, 8 is Break, 4th Alt 9,10 are aga sleeps and and 8 is Breakga.

I have one row for death and related spells used in a Death Strat.

Alt 10 are macros for changing macc level, PDT, MDT and JAs.

And lastly, Ctrl line for row 10 are weaponskills. Vidohinur,Shattersoul, Myrkr.

I agree with Ramzus that Shortcuts is a great tool and you should do your best to get familiar with it.
 Bahamut.Odaru
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Odaru 2017-04-06 12:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Luthiene said: »
Hey All,

Im a noob BLM, just wondering whats the most efficeint way to setup my macros?

All Tiers of same element in 1 row? or same tier of all elements in one row? Would highly value to see your macro sets

Thanks,

I could record a short video and post it to YouTube for you so you can see my macros if you'd like. I could do it later this evening once I'm home(10-11pm EST.) I'll post the link here.
 Bahamut.Odaru
By Bahamut.Odaru 2017-04-06 12:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The Myrkr set in this guide is pretty bad. Here's mine, any input/upgrades welcome. BLM99 Myrkr
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-06 12:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The link you posted is no good... hope you don't mind but I'll show your set here for reference:

ItemSet 350267

- Weatherspoon Robe +1 (w/ 120mp augment) should be an upgrade.
- Spaekona +2/+3 and Thrift Gloves +1 work for non-Tarus.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-04-06 12:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really seeing how it's bad. Why use a bunch of obscure pieces that give less MP than the proposed pieces? (or very slightly edge them out) Moonshade obliterates Evans Earring too cause of the TP bonus. It also uses Niobid over Elder because you can't change grips without losing TP and Niobid is objectively the better strap.

That being said, I do need to update the gearsets sometime to reflect for Omen and what not.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-06 13:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to carry Elder's around for Death, but after the MEVA update, I pretty much full-time Enki for most everything. dStat, up to +20 macc on both nukes and enfeebs on high-level targets, higher base spell damage... it's fantastic. Niobid I'll only use on sub CL125 stuff, and even then the difference between it and Enki is pretty small.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-04-06 13:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Niobid was just relative to Elder's. Enki is definitely the way to go these days.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-04-06 13:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 350377

Relevant Augments:

Kaabnax Hat: 'HP+30','MP+30','MP+30'
Weatherspoon Robe +1: MP+120
Otomi Gloves: 'HP+30','MP+30','MP+30'
Moonshade: MP+25, TP Bonus +25
Amalric Slops: MP+60
Psycloth Boots: MP+50

Use HQ Amalric Legs and Head if avaiable to you.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-04-06 13:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
ItemSet 350377

Relevant Augments:

Kaabnax Hat: 'HP+30','MP+30','MP+30'
Weatherspoon Robe +1: MP+120
Otomi Gloves: 'HP+30','MP+30','MP+30'
Moonshade: MP+25, TP Bonus +25
Amalric Slops: MP+60
Psycloth Boots: MP+50

Use HQ Amalric Legs and Head if avaiable to you.

This is the correct answer if you don't care about your inventory space (although Amalric Coif is still more MP and you're likely to use it in death precast anyway.) The sets I had proposed earlier try and stick to pieces you may already have in order to spare your inventory space. There are a few exceptions where the best piece is significantly better, like Shinjutsu-no-Obi +1 and to a lesser extent, Dualism Collar.

if you care about 100% optimizing your set then use this, if you don't, then you can save 4-5 inventory spaces at a loss of (115*.2) to (115*.6) MP recovered depending on your TP when myrkring.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-06 13:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I tend to agree.

Assuming space is limited, it's probably better to carry occult acumen gear instead of marginal +mp upgrades, so you can Impact for TP (which is something people should be casting anyway) and unload Myrkr at 2000-3000.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-04-06 13:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically unloading Myrkr at higher TP is MP inefficient if you have a Moonshade Earring incorporated.

You want so spam it asap once you hit 1000TP to cash in on the sweet bonus each time.

Quote:
although Amalric Coif is still more MP

NQ doesn't as it's Augment is lower.
 Bahamut.Odaru
By Bahamut.Odaru 2017-04-06 14:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really seeing how it's bad. Why use a bunch of obscure pieces that give less MP than the proposed pieces? (or very slightly edge them out) Moonshade obliterates Evans Earring too cause of the TP bonus. It also uses Niobid over Elder because you can't change grips without losing TP and Niobid is objectively the better strap.

That being said, I do need to update the gearsets sometime to reflect for Omen and what not.

good point about the grip, I also wasn't aware of some of the augments in the posted pieces. Thank you all.
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-04-17 19:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for Impact sets, stack macc or elemental skill?

Threw this together with what I hand on-hand, not sure if Archon ring effects this? In my menu it does show up as Dark Elemental?

ItemSet 350550

Merlinic feet have 30 macc
Merlinic legs have 37 macc
Bane has 10 elemental skill, or should use Taranus? 30int/20macc
someone take me to school on this

intent is to land for full duration, not for TP/damage
 Odin.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Odin.Warusha 2017-04-17 23:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

My experience is that longer duration occurs when damage is highest. I'd switch your collar to Incanter's for the 1% chance mp isn't used, and higher macc, despite mab being lower. Archon ring does work. Your set looks fine to me, all things considered. Taranus Cape would be better.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-04-18 00:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Incanter's and Sanctity offer identical macc; Erra is better than both.

Would only use Archon if you don't have another Stikini/+1, which I'd assume you do. Luminary Sash is a small upgrade for the waist.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-04-18 00:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a little complicated to set up if you don't know GS well, but this script allows you to just have one row of macros for nukes and a macro to toggle the element. Alternately, you can have a macro that sets each element for swapping directly. So no more scrolling up 5 rows to go from Thunder nukes to earth. Just hit the earth macro and nuke away.//

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47673/gearswap-custom-commands-for-nuking/

Leaves plenty of room for every other spell you need to macro and makes flipping through them all a lot less tedious.
 Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Haxxor
By Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor 2017-04-18 03:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Some good ideas on macro setups. Having to toggle elements though doesn't seem efficient. I'll share this. It's not the best for some stuff but for just spamming your highest available spells, works well.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48692/is-there-any-macro-simplifying-lua-out-there/#3081009
Isilrhofal said: »
Copying code within FFXIAH always messes the layout so I also addded the pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/JdCCgGAu

Not sure if that is what you are looking for, but maybe it gives you an idea.
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 41 42 43