New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Kaboom! A Guide for Black Mage
Kaboom! A Guide for Black Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 41 42 43
By defu 2015-03-18 15:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be the best use of limited resources for a fresh 99 in terms of which items to focus on first? Assuming I'm basically in sparks...trying to see what must have items are the highest priority initially so I can devote my time and money to that. Is it reforged relic or AF? Delve gear? Stuff on the AH?

Looking for some info to push me in the right direction. Thanks.
 Shiva.Pearbear
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Pearbear 2015-03-22 04:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd personally get some Hagondes gear from old yorcia, augment that with some MAB and do some Alluvion Yorcia for a Keraunos and a couple helios pieces.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-03-22 05:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd sit around and wait to see what kind of gear af3 reforged will give us. If you need to do something, go new skirmish for a Keraunos and augment that.
 Bismarck.Johnb
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-03-30 00:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the best gear set for nuking now with empyrean reforge?
By charlo999 2015-03-30 04:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

For nuking
Looks like gloves BiS for max damage.
Body nice all rounder (slightly inferior) alternative to perfect Helios, 2 refresh more 6 int less 1 MAB less 11 MAcc less with 3 fast cast v 12 cast time.
And lacking whatever the 3rd aug, probably occult in my case.
With max damage still hag coat +1 with 30 MAB.

Rest
Boots for mana wall utility and dark magic acc
Legs intrest me though with the magic duration +40. Obviously for ele debuffs, but, I'm thinking "Impact" plus 40 seconds. (Hope)

Head (and body) maybe precast for high tiers maybe?
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-03-30 10:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a reason nobody uses Spaekona's Coat for anything, even when they don't have BRD support?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-30 10:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

idk, because they're dumb?

Spaekona's Coat and Seidr Cotehardie are gamechanging for magic DDs.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-03-30 10:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I figured that; I've just been inviting rando BLMs to Alluvion Skirmish and not a one of them is using Spaekona's.

Then we lose because they run out of MP. But hey, who cares if Spaekona's lets you kill an elemental for 100 fewer MP, right?
By saphy 2015-03-30 10:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

would anyone mind posting updated sets, mainly for vagary?
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-03-30 11:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This my set for RDM, change staff and body and you have your set

ItemSet 318139
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-03-31 12:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: I have a Keraunos with Mdmg+15 Matk+Macc 15 Mburstdmg+5%. Just wondering what would be perfect augs to aim for. Thanks.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By charlo999 2015-04-01 05:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

With the current changes to MBurst damage being doubled I'd stick with that.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-04-01 09:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I attempted a couple more duskdims... nada...

Might just stick with it
By Chimerawizard 2015-04-01 09:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played BLM in a long time. Do Magic Burst Job Points count toward the equipment Magic Burst 40% cap?

Same question but gifts MB.

Edit: hence my question for both, I don't see where it says the Job Point enhances the trait.
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-04-01 10:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
I haven't played BLM in a long time. Do Magic Burst job points count toward the equipment Magic Burst 40% cap?

Same question but gifts MB.
Traits don't count for the "gear cap" but spell bonuses like AM2 do. Not sure about gifts.
 Ragnarok.Bepe
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2015-04-01 10:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Yeah, I figured that; I've just been inviting rando BLMs to Alluvion Skirmish and not a one of them is using Spaekona's.

Then we lose because they run out of MP. But hey, who cares if Spaekona's lets you kill an elemental for 100 fewer MP, right?

I just came back to the game recently and I've been spamming alluvion skirmish on blm and I have never once ran out of mp and i have never used that body. With aspir, aspir II, a good dark magic set, and Myrkr (spelling) + convert, i have tons of mana to spare /o/! Myrkr OP~
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-04-01 14:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bepe said: »

I just came back to the game recently and I've been spamming alluvion skirmish on blm and I have never once ran out of mp and i have never used that body. With aspir, aspir II, a good dark magic set, and Myrkr (spelling) + convert, i have tons of mana to spare /o/! Myrkr OP~

Or you can use Spaekona, One shot eles with tier 4's and clear the zone faster.
[+]
 Phoenix.Pretre
Server: Phoenix
user: pretre
By Phoenix.Pretre 2015-04-06 03:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

can anyone tell me how much macc+ I should have on my vagary set if im using new skirmish staff with smn buffs on it as I havnt got a 2nd staff yet, also what should I nuke on dark an light eles
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-04-06 06:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Anybody know how to reset quest to redo black mage af? I toss the body and need to redo it so can upgrade to spaek coat. Thanks
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2015-04-06 06:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

Anybody know how to reset quest to redo black mage af? I toss the body and need to redo it so can upgrade to spaek coat. Thanks

here: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Vingijard
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-04-06 06:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leoheika said: »
Lakshmi.Amymy said: »

here: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Vingijard

Thanks
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-06 15:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone tested the wicce feet to see if they need to stay equipped? I remember the lvl 80-90 empyrean feet if you took them off then put them back on you wouldn't get the mana wall bonus.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-04-06 16:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I am pretty sure you are wrong about how the empyrean feet worked.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-04-06 17:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else using Magians to precast Tier4~6 coupled with Emp hat+2~119? Haven't unlocked Tier6 just yet but it does turn Tier5 into possibly > Tier3 casting time. Thinking of just finishing off Fire/Water/Earth just for such. If I get bored.
Using AF body swapping wpns ain't such a big issue dumping TP nonstop.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-06 18:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I am pretty sure you are wrong about how the empyrean feet worked.

This was on FFXIWiki:

Enhances "Mana Wall" effect

Enhances Mana Wall as if it had -10% damage taken. Must be worn when Mana Wall is activated and during its effect or the bonus will wear off (cannot regain bonus by putting equipment back on until you use Mana Wall again).
By Chimerawizard 2015-04-06 18:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

With Elemental Celerity I'd expect it to be a simple task for BLMs to cap precast even without magian staves.

ItemSet 334283
I'm thinking something like this if using gearswap. otherwise lose the instacast and equip a bane cape with fast cast, or swith cape.

With /RDM one only needs 35 to cap, that's nothing.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-04-06 19:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
With Elemental Celerity I'd expect it to be a simple task for BLMs to cap precast even without magian staves.

ItemSet 334283
I'm thinking something like this if using gearswap. otherwise lose the instacast and equip a bane cape with fast cast, or swith cape.

With /RDM one only needs 35 to cap, that's nothing.
Using /SCH you do significantly more dmg over /RDM which you don't need Convert whatsoever and also w/o Dark Arts up your AF body ain't nearly as effective either. After looking at it again tho I do suppose it is possible w/o magians or Gearswap /SCH to cap 80% regardless. Glad to realize such cuz rather not waste time on magians. ty
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-04-06 19:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

typically you go /rdm for phalanx in addition to fast cast and if you ever need to convert. To say you never need convert is foolhardy. Sometimes I am fighting things that take little elemental damage and so Spaekona's +1 body isn't giving me much in the way of MP reduction. If you are going to be swapping out weapon all the time like you suggested, in such a situation you will run out of mp without getting songs, rolls, etc. Don't just say you can aspir too, not everything is aspirable.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-04-06 19:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

He made his point about the FC. I'm well aware of the pros/cons of /RDM over /SCH but thanks for the tutorial. If you're using BLM for group fights which is the way things are now /SCH is by far the best sub. You're thinking solo while I'm thinking party. I think that's the issue with needing convert.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 41 42 43