Forum » FFXI » General » New Delve NM
New Delve NM
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-05-02 10:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Has nobody found where to get Oatixur yet? Is it not from the same place?
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-02 10:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
It's not leaps and bounds better. First of all, 231 dmg weapon but what ws will you use with it?
99 Ukko I crit for 1000, this weapon I crit for 800.
Upheaval sucks, raging rush with a 231 is about as strong ukko's fury 99. Fell cleave is nice though with this. Upheaval is consistant though. Powerful weapon on paper, but no good ws to match it with, until they allow us to use UF with it maybe someday.
Shoha with a 192 gkt is instantly leaps and bounds ahead, cause shoha is a great ws. Same for a more powerful GS. But war can't use the new GS so whatevers.
I haven't even broken 4k ws with it yet, cept for raging rush. Break 4k with ukko and shoha all the time on the same mobs. Will see more when I adjust WS sets and play around with buffs however. But it's alot more underwhelming than I thought it would be.

Think you guys mistunderstood anyways, I'm not buthurt at all, I'm glad to get better ***lol. I just thought it would be crazy more powerful but it actually isn't. I'm actually disappointed in just how easy it is to get these. That and it looks so NQ modelwise lol. Farmed my *** off to make it, only to have it barely be better than ukon. But like I said, give me a great ws to use and this baby will be badass.
k
 Ragnarok.Phettyx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Phetty
By Ragnarok.Phettyx 2013-05-02 10:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tedril said: »
Has nobody found where to get Oatixur yet? Is it not from the same place?
No confirmed dropped, but likely the trex nakuul drops it or the temp KI mentioning them is used to get it.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-05-02 10:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, how are people fighting these for 4 hours? It says fracture time is limited to 45 mins?
By macsdf1 2013-05-02 10:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The super h2h will drop off the mega trex inside the fractures.

People are fighting the popped versions outside fracture, there is no time limit, however they rage after 15 minutes, that's why people take 4 hours to slowly whittle it down.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-05-02 10:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Can the Feild NMs drop items then as well or is that only for farming up the beads to make fractures easier?
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-05-02 10:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tedril said: »
Can the Feild NMs drop items then as well or is that only for farming up the beads to make fractures easier?
We got a drop in the field on butterfly+raptor NM, its just a lower droprate supposedly than inside fracture.
By macsdf1 2013-05-02 10:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Killing the NM's actually drop stuff. They just put in the point system to appease the people who hated VW. This system allows you to buy the drops with NM killing points, so there will be no more I killed 300 Pils but never got a body. As long as you killed it you get the KI that flags you to buy the stuff.

It would be like being able to trade in stupid crystals you get from VW to buy whatever you wanted if you got enough crystals collected. Want a mekira body? NP turn in 200 crystals and there you go, as long as you've kileld kaggen once.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-05-02 11:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Field NMs seem to always drop 6 Airlixirs minimum (+ 1 weap/armor item if you are lucky). We always had TH2 tho cause lol SAM/THFs

Airlixir/Airlixir +1 seems to come from t1-t3, and trashmobs in fracture drop normal airlixirs.
Havent seen a +2 Airlixir drop yet, going to bet its from t4-t5 fracture boss only.

As for killing field NMs for points to get armor/weapons, I could see people stomping the raptor NM x60 to build up 30k points. You'll get enough farming for a 30k point weapon that way, and you'll have 6 airlixirs to freelot on per kill with an occasional armor drop.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-05-02 11:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Will if any shiva ls's that do delve are recruiting for delve. Hit me up.
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
user: Ager
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2013-05-02 20:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Do these field NMs give you a status like VW? Or can you freely move (or even job change) as you fight?
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
Server: Bahamut
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2013-05-02 20:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Agerknux said: »
Do these field NMs give you a status like VW? Or can you freely move (or even job change) as you fight?
Can job change, home point when you die ect.
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2013-05-02 20:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Savannahlynn said: »

Wow, that's pretty nice, I'm just worried how much more difficult nms will become when they rage. So much as to pretty much wipe? Or just makes it longer to take down but holdable by a pld.
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2013-05-02 20:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Savannahlynn said: »

Wow, that's pretty nice, I'm just worried how much more difficult nms will become when they rage. So much as to pretty much wipe? Or just makes it longer to take down but holdable by a pld.

Butterfly was holdable by a pld and took longer to take down. It's the only one I've done.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-05-02 20:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Does your ki from wildskeeper win get used upon fracture entrance or is it reusable just needing a new stone each time?
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-02 21:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

New stone only.
 Asura.Exaudis
Server: Asura
By Asura.Exaudis 2013-05-03 12:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the process for popping the NMs outside of the fractures? Do I just go up to the pop spot and trade the shard?
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2013-05-03 12:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Exaudis said: »
What's the process for popping the NMs outside of the fractures? Do I just go up to the pop spot and trade the shard?

Yep, exactly.

Pretend as if this was znm