Battlemod v2
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15
 Sylph.Cyc
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Cycloptux
By Sylph.Cyc 2014-01-09 09:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed, a couple updates ago (late November/early December, can't remember exactly), that Battlemod stopped working correctly, even after it was updated. I had to remove it and download it from scratch, but noticed the old layout with little arrows was gone, replaced by < > symbols with a slightly different formatting.
Replacing new lines in settings.xml and settings v3.xml with the old lines didn't really fix the problem, I still get some weird stuff (buff ID number being shown whenever someone casts a buff, "Miss" messages not being formatted with BM, colors not being replaced correctly as they were before...), is there a way to have the old layout back exactly as it was or did something actually change in how BM handles the chat log in the last couple months?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-01-09 10:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It changed very fundamentally, but I'm considering just going back to the old way of handling it. The new way is far cleaner, but it wasn't really ready for release yet and I just had to choose between letting battlemod be totally broken by API changes (didn't have time to update it) or pushing out the new version.
 Sylph.Cyc
user: Cycloptux
By Sylph.Cyc 2014-01-09 10:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, ok, that's what I thought. From the outside, I found the old layout much more clear to read and it looked better, but the new one is good either, as long as it doesn't lag as the original chat log.
Either way, thanks for the hard work!
 Sylph.Talon
user: udamon420
By Sylph.Talon 2014-01-11 01:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Byrth,

i received a parse.action packet lua 179 attempt to index field 'action' (a nil value)

I have not touched your files at all. What can I do to fix this

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By tavera 2014-01-26 21:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing with Battlemod's colors. It's pretty obvious what some of the lines affect (<mob>, <mydmg>, <mobdmg>, etc.), but some of the others (<a10>, <p1>, etc.) i have either no clue about what they affect or i haven't seen them doing what i expected.

I'd appreciate if someone could help me with this. I don't know which line affects my character name's color for instance.

Here is the list, for whatever it's worth:

<a10>205</a10>
<a11>359</a11>
<a12>475</a12>
<a13>38</a13>
<a14>125</a14>
<a15>185</a15>
<a20>429</a20>
<a21>257</a21>
<a22>200</a22>
<a23>481</a23>
<a24>483</a24>
<a25>208</a25>
<abilcol>399</abilcol>
<allydmg>204</allydmg>
<enfeebcol>475</enfeebcol>
<itemcol>256</itemcol>
<mob>457</mob>
<mobdmg>0</mobdmg>
<mobspellcol>167</mobspellcol>
<mobwscol>167</mobwscol>
<mydmg>0</mydmg>
<other>8</other>
<otherdmg>0</otherdmg>
<p0>501</p0>
<p1>204</p1>
<p2>410</p2>
<p3>492</p3>
<p4>259</p4>
<p5>260</p5>
<partydmg>0</partydmg>
<spellcol>399</spellcol>
<statuscol>0</statuscol>
<wscol>399</wscol>

Thanks in advance.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2014-01-26 22:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

p0 to 5 is probably the name of each of your party members and/or possibly the color their chat appears in. p0 likely being yourself.

Same with a10-15 and a20-25 for alliances I think. a10-15 is probably the 6 members of the second party while a20-25 would be the 6 members of the third party.
By tavera 2014-01-26 22:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes sense. I'll try it out. Thanks for your reply.
By Pantafernando 2014-02-15 11:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Is there a way to filter the message when the target is paralyzed?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [81 days between previous and next post]
By Vafruvant 2014-05-07 05:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This is probably a necro bump but I'm not sure where else to post it. I recently downloaded this addon and am having some trouble with it. I very well could just be having a noob moment as it's really late and I'm tired, but every time I save the settings.xml file, it just gets reverted back to the default file. I cannot change any settings at all, as they all just get rolled back as soon as I load the addon. I'm not sure what to do anymore and any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-07 05:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Vafruvant said: »
This is probably a necro bump but I'm not sure where else to post it. I recently downloaded this addon and am having some trouble with it. I very well could just be having a noob moment as it's really late and I'm tired, but every time I save the settings.xml file, it just gets reverted back to the default file. I cannot change any settings at all, as they all just get rolled back as soon as I load the addon. I'm not sure what to do anymore and any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Are you opening the file with notepad?
By Vafruvant 2014-05-07 05:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Notepad++
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-07 14:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Some addons write to the settings file when they unload, so you can't change the settings file while you're running it, because as soon as you try to reload it'll overwrite the file with its buffered settings.

I'm not sure if that's the case here (if it is, it should be changed), but try unloading it, then add the changes to the XML, then load it again.
By Vafruvant 2014-05-07 14:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arcon said: »
Some addons write to the settings file when they unload, so you can't change the settings file while you're running it, because as soon as you try to reload it'll overwrite the file with its buffered settings.

I'm not sure if that's the case here (if it is, it should be changed), but try unloading it, then add the changes to the XML, then load it again.
That's what I did. I tried doing it while it was loaded, unloaded, even off the game. Every time the addon loaded, it just put the default settings files back.
By Ophannus 2014-05-17 18:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what's going with this since I think it's been a long persisting problem. Battlemod doesn't detect magic bursts when I magic burst with Lunge or Swipe. I made double sure my timing was perfect when I self sc on BLU with requiescat>quad.continuum and then lunge/swipe with tenebrae runes. When I unload battlemod I get the message so I know it's not me >.>
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-17 18:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably just not detecting additional effects on job abilities.
By Gihl 2014-05-24 14:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

hey guys im new to battlemod, how i set filters :p
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Jadius
Server: Asura
user: IxJoexl
By Asura.Jadius 2014-07-09 19:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it's just me, but is anyone else experiencing battle mod displaying wrong monster ability names? I guess it's from the July 7 update.. but not sure if it's just on my end though.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-07-09 19:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If you re-run launcher, it should be fixed.
 Asura.Zubis
Server: Asura
user: Zubis
By Asura.Zubis 2014-08-02 07:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Simple question. As a melee, I want to see my parties Weapon Skills and such so I can Skillchain.

This is how I do it.
Code
        <party>
        <!-- He's targeting a party member -->
            <all>false</all>         <!-- Prevents all of your messages from appearing -->
            <casting>true</casting>  <!-- Prevents your "Jim begins casting ____" messages from appearing -->
            <damage>false</damage>   <!-- Prevents your damage from appearing -->
            <healing>true</healing>  <!-- Prevents your healing from appearing -->
            <items>true</items>      <!-- Prevents your "Jim used an item. Jim gains the effect of Reraise." messages from appearing -->
            <melee>true</melee>      <!-- Prevents your melee ("white") damage from appearing -->
            <misses>true</misses>    <!-- Prevents your misses from appearing -->
            <ranged>true</ranged>    <!-- Prevents your ranged damage from appearing -->
            <readies>false</readies> <!-- Prevents your "Jim readies ____" messages from appearing -->
            <target>true</target>    <!-- false = SHOW all actions where I am the target. -->
            <uses>true</uses>        <!-- Prevents your "Jim uses an item." messages from appearing -->
        </party>

Using <all>false</all> seems to be the key to show weapon skills. This also unfortunately shows a lot of buffs and such as a Monk using Chakra etc. If I set <all>true</all>, I don't see these buffs anymore, but it also filters out weapon skills.

Is there any way around this? Thanks :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [128 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Astiar
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Astiar 2014-12-07 19:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi posting to ask a question about BM, was wondering if there is a way to change the font colors of SC I figured out how to change WS so I can view them easier in fast scrolling logs
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Exiled
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Exiled 2015-01-26 22:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this is still checked. I used to use BM about a year ago before I quit/took a break etc. Came back recently, reinstalled BM. It loads, color test works, filters change when changing jobs. Issue being, no colors are actually being changed in the text.

For DD jobs I don't use any filters and I would like to see everything how it used to be (i.e. each party member with a different color, ja different color, damage/sc different color)

Do I need to do some initial configuration to get this going or is something bugging out?

Thanks
By likard 2015-01-29 19:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,
So I just started using Battlemod and I am havign a heck of a time getting it to do what I want it to. I edited the default filters file to have my desired filters, but I can't seem to figure out how to make the game load THAT filters file. What is the command to make it load a different filters file?
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-29 19:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

likard said: »
Hey all,
So I just started using Battlemod and I am havign a heck of a time getting it to do what I want it to. I edited the default filters file to have my desired filters, but I can't seem to figure out how to make the game load THAT filters file. What is the command to make it load a different filters file?
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Its automatic if you rename the file as the job name and put it in the right folder. So, every time you change to refered job, it will adjust to current filters.

For starters, you can check the examples in the filter folder (it will have a jpb name). Open that file, rename for any job you want and change the filters.
By likard 2015-01-29 19:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, it wasn't automatic for me. I had to unloaded BM then reloaded it and then it loaded the new filters. So far, that is the only way I have found to make it load new filters without changing jobs. I was hoping that there was a console command to reload filters.
IE, I loaded the game with bm on. It is using 'filters'. I edit 'filters' to be what I want. But nothing changed in game. To make the game use the new filters file I had to reload battlemod.
 Odin.Quixacotl
Server: Odin
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-01-29 21:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

likard said: »
Actually, it wasn't automatic for me. I had to unloaded BM then reloaded it and then it loaded the new filters. So far, that is the only way I have found to make it load new filters without changing jobs. I was hoping that there was a console command to reload filters.
IE, I loaded the game with bm on. It is using 'filters'. I edit 'filters' to be what I want. But nothing changed in game. To make the game use the new filters file I had to reload battlemod.
Don't edit the filters.xml file.

Instead copy it and paste it a few times in the same folder. Name those copies filters-WHM.xml, filters-MNK.xml, filters-PLD.xml, etc. and edit THOSE copies the way you want it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [257 days between previous and next post]
By Cleric 2015-10-13 18:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

NECROBUMPPPP

How do you make it so Summoner's Blood Pacts show up on battlemod?

EDIT:Fixed it. Nevermind :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Tilanna
Server: Shiva
user: Tilanna
By Shiva.Tilanna 2015-11-14 23:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno if development on this is still going, but while playing with trusts I noticed an issue. With Trusts that do magical auto attacks (August, Balamor, Shantotto II, etc), their auto attacks aren't filtered out with the melee ("white" damage) filter. I also have the ranged auto attack filter on as well. For reference, this is what my party node looks like:
Code
        <party>
        <!-- He's targeting a party member -->
            <all>false</all>         
            <casting>false</casting> 
            <damage>false</damage>   
            <healing>false</healing> 
            <items>false</items>     
            <melee>true</melee>      
            <misses>true</misses>    
            <ranged>true</ranged>    
            <readies>false</readies> 
            <target>false</target>   
            <uses>false</uses>       
        </party>

Since their attacks aren't really typical "auto" attacks I dunno if this could really be filtered properly, but figured I'd point it out.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15