Skirmish
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2013-04-10 20:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Skirmish

(Credit for this content goes to various posters on the BG and FFXIAH forums, as well as the official SE thread)

With all the Skirmish information out there, I thought it would be useful to consolidate it into one post. (I would just update the wiki’s but I’m too computer illiterate to format it nicely and such)

Requirements to Enter Skirmish:

• Being level 95 or higher

• Being in a party of 3-6 members, in which the leader is in possession of a simulacrum

• Enter from either Rala Waterways (B-6, Augural Conveyor) or Cirdas Caverns (H-3, Augural Conveyor)

Building a Simulacrum:

• Collect three Simulacra segments (Visage, Torso, Legs)

• Turn in one of each of these segments to Oston in Eastern Adoulin (G-8) and he will assemble them into a completed Simulacrum.

Simulacra Segments

As of now, the following are confirmed ways of obtaining Simulacra Segments:

• Reward from a Colonization Reive

• Soul Pyres (shiny spots on the ground that randomly appear upon defeating regular mobs in Ulbuka)

• Reward from completing a Coalition Task

• Mining/Harvesting/Logging

• They can also be bought or sold through Bazaars or the Auction House

Visage
(These determine the zone for the Skirmish as well as the quality of rewards)

Rala Visage I
Rala Visage II
Rala Visage III
Rala Visage IV
Rala Visage V

Cirdas Visage I
Cirdas Visage II
Cirdas Visage III
Cirdas Visage IV
Cirdas Visage V

Torso
(These determine the size of the area, the maximum time limit, the maximum number of enemies to defeat, and number of rewards)

Faithful’s Torso I
Faithful’s Torso II
Faithful’s Torso III
Faithful’s Torso IV
Faithful’s Torso V

Legs
(These affect the number of Noetic Ascensions and type of effects bestowed by them)

**Noetic Ascensions – these give a single beneficial effect to all party members. The effect can be selected from a list when examining the Noetic Ascension.

Faithful’s Legs I
Faithful’s Legs II
Faithful’s Legs III
Faithful’s Legs IV
Faithful’s Legs V

The Battle

A skirmish will last from 30-60 minutes. (This will depend on what tier of Faithful Torso you use)
There will be two objectives per Skirmish. Completing the first objective will give everyone a Fenestral Key temporary item. Using this item will end the Skirmish and reset the time remaining to five minutes and reraise all members. This time would be used to lot items that appear in the party lot pool as well as obtain your own personal treasure from the coffer that pops.

Rala Waterways Skirmish

• Objective 1: Defeat a certain amount of NMs

• Objective 2: Defeat more NMs! (less than objective 1)

Cirdas Caverns Skirmish

• Objective 1: Defeat a certain amount of monsters

• Objective 2: Defeat more monsters! (less than objective 1)

Rewards

Some of the rewards from Skirmish include fairly decent “base” weapons, which can be further augmented by Divainy-Gamainy of the Inventors’ Coalition by trading the weapon along with a Ghastly Stone/+1/+2. The stones used to augment these weapons drop from Skirmish or can be obtained with Obsidian Fragments (which are a type of currency obtained from participating in Skirmish).

Other rewards include various synthesis materials, as well as magic scrolls.

Weapons + Augments

NQ = Ghastly Stone
HQ = Ghastly Stone +1
HQ2 = Ghastly Stone +2

*Using one of these stones will give you random augments from that particular pool*

**Weapons can be augmented as many times as you wish. You will be prompted whether you want to keep the new augment or previous one, similar to Synergy.**

***Ghastly Stones/+1/+2 can be delivered to characters on the same POL account via the Delivery system.***

Augments can also be found here on the JP wiki site.
JP Wiki

I will add some known augments shortly, just tired of typing. Please post below with any additional info that I could add/may have missed. I will do my best to keep this updated until it has been added into a wiki.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-10 20:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a good start for info here. Thanks for taking the time to start this.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-04-10 20:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Great idea, thx for starting this thread
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
user: Ager
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2013-04-10 20:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it just me or does the Simulacrum remind anyone else of the statue of the silver monkey in The Legend of the Hidden Temple?
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-10 21:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I just find a reason to go after Crobaci instead of a Ragnarok (considering I only have DRK leveled and no interest in WAR), or am I just looking too much into this?

edit: OMG GOING FOR GEO STAFF
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-10 21:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
Did I just find a reason to go after Crobaci instead of a Ragnarok (considering I only have DRK leveled), or am I just looking too much into this?

Crobaci looks like it annihilates 99 Rag, honestly. I don't have the math to back it up, but that thing is beastly. All of these weapons seem to be pretty damn stacked.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-10 21:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Did I just find a reason to go after Crobaci instead of a Ragnarok (considering I only have DRK leveled), or am I just looking too much into this?

Crobaci looks like it annihilates 99 Rag, honestly. I don't have the math to back it up, but that thing is beastly. All of these weapons seem to be pretty damn stacked.
That's it, selling currency
 Asura.Kohanu
Server: Asura
user: Kohanu
By Asura.Kohanu 2013-04-10 21:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

BG testing is apparently showing different augment results for different stones (NQ/+1/+2), any idea which one those numbers come from?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-04-10 21:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't really simplify augments like that. Your pool and range most likely depends on the quality stone you use to augment.

JP augments listed on wiki (last table)

H2H: DMG+23 STR+5 with HQ1 stone, DMG+30 Counter+5 with HQ2

Dagger: D+14 Crit hit rate+5 with HQ2 stone

Sword: D+6~11 STR+0~7 DEX+0~7 with HQ1 stone

GS: D+26 STR+22 DEX+6 with HQ1 D+37 STR+18 DEX+15 with HQ2

Gaxe: D+2 STR+2 DEX+6 with NQ stone D+25 STR+3 DEX+3 with HQ1

Katana: D+2~14 STR+0~10 DEX+0~3 with HQ1 stone D+22 WS damage+5 with HQ2

GKT: D+15 DEX+2 with NQ stone

BLM/SCH/GEO Staff: mab+30 INT+18 with HQ2 stone

SMN Staff: D+10 MND+5 avatar mab+15 with NQ stone

Gun: D+3 with HQ1 stone
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-10 21:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Gun: D+3 with HQ1 stone
That Gun Augment was obviously turned in by a NA or EU player, no JP would ever get something that disappointing ..
[+]
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2013-04-10 21:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Flippant, I've added all of those to the list now and split it up with NQ, HQ, HQ2.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-04-10 21:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Appreciate all the info, Wondering if anyone has any info on how difficult the fights are? Is it just like Meebles, T~VT mobs, Easily cleared with 3... Or do you need 6 to clear easily?

I know someone compared it to Meebles but IDK, in terms of difficult, about how hard it'd be. I know we have little info on it >_>
 Quetzalcoatl.Killza
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Killza 2013-04-10 21:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

HURR DURR I don't know what I'm talking about and pluggin information into excel spreadsheets is maaaadhard.

Crobaci annihilates 95 Ragnarok. It is comparable to 99 Ragnarok with the correct augments on anything lower than Ig-Alima.
FTFY
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-04-10 21:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Dat seems a little over the top for such a mild response.
By Infierno 2013-04-10 22:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Legendarycloud this is some awesome job you have done here
Your linkshell must be proud!
 Bismarck.Diablosword
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-04-10 22:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! Great info!
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2013-04-11 18:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Appreciate all the info, Wondering if anyone has any info on how difficult the fights are? Is it just like Meebles, T~VT mobs, Easily cleared with 3... Or do you need 6 to clear easily?

I know someone compared it to Meebles but IDK, in terms of difficult, about how hard it'd be. I know we have little info on it >_>

Stan64 from BG Forums said:
We brought six really good geared members. The objective was to kill 7 NMs in 40 minutes. There were three maps. The bard did his four songs and went out scouting the maps while we killed an NM and progressed the path he discovered to different NMs. After the seventh NM we were around 20-25 minutes. The secondary was to kill all NMs. After killing one more we got the notification that we killed 8 of 10 enemies. We tracked down the last ones and had around 8 minutes more to play around with. If we had gotten the stricter time limit we wouldn't have made it within 30 minutes on that try.

I think you can clear it with less geared people kinda easily. We didn't hurry too much overall. But the two SAMs we brought are killers, they can kill Salvy2 HQ Cerby in one skillchain almost. But we went in blind and managed to do two objectives. That's better than our first blind run in NNI for example were we struggled to get past 20 floors until we got some experience. =D
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2013-04-11 18:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Some questions that I'm wondering about:

Can the base weapons and ghastly stones be sent to "mules" via delivery box?

Do certain weapons only drop in Cirdas, whereas others only drop in Rala?
 Fenrir.Yuriki
Server: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-04-11 18:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Agerknux said: »
Is it just me or does the Simulacrum remind anyone else of the statue of the silver monkey in The Legend of the Hidden Temple?
You mean the simple as *** puzzle that none of those little shits could ever figure out?
By pchan 2013-04-11 19:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kohanu said: »
BG testing is apparently showing different augment results for different stones (NQ/+1/+2), any idea which one those numbers come from?

BG doesn't contribute to anything. All the info comes from JPs. When nobody on BG had even entered the zone, the JP wiki was listing the augment on many weapons.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-11 19:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it true that Relics are going to be upgraded later? I just got my Ragnarok and to see this Crobaci is ... disturbing.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2013-04-11 19:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

he mad
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-04-11 20:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the weps re-augmentable in case you don't get something you like? Or do you have to drop it and do a skirmish and hope you get another?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2013-04-11 20:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Are the weps re-augmentable in case you don't get something you like? Or do you have to drop it and do a skirmish and hope you get another?

Yep, you can re-augment weapons if you get another Ghastly Stone. It also gives you a prompt asking whether you want to keep the new augment or the previous one, similar to synergy.

I'll add this to the OP.
[+]
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2013-04-11 20:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome compilation. I'll add this to wiki tonight if no one beats me to it.

Edit: Preliminary wiki page is up.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tuefen
user: tuefen
By Cerberus.Tuefen 2013-04-13 01:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats se's way to say gtfo veteran player that have 800 days playtime and welcome noobs with 30 days playtime.I like to see the death of gs and dagger gj se very awsome job.My question now"How long we need to wait to see a lvl99 dagger with dmg 99 delay 134 dropping in east ronfaure of a lvl3 rabbit?"
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-04-13 01:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Is it true that Relics are going to be upgraded later? I just got my Ragnarok and to see this Crobaci is ... disturbing.

That's what a developer said. But we don't know what they will adjust on R/E/M weapons nor when. What we know is that they'll adjust the 99 version of those weapons.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-13 01:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a recent SS posted on this site of the smn staff, having +21 pet MAB as an additional augment. Might want to add that to the list.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-13 01:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

2 questions concerning these weapons. I have 95 Amano, should I even bother 99'ing it now? That new GK looks massively strong >_<. I realize Kaiten is a really good and consistent WS (as well as having a good AM and great acc+), I was just curious about this GK. And since Geo has no native MAB would the 70 MAB and 18 Int on the 2HQ version rival ToM staves or Chatoyant?
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-04-13 02:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tuefen said: »
Thats se's way to say gtfo veteran player that have 800 days playtime and welcome noobs with 30 days playtime.I like to see the death of gs and dagger gj se very awsome job.My question now"How long we need to wait to see a lvl99 dagger with dmg 99 delay 134 dropping in east ronfaure of a lvl3 rabbit?"

Mandau is still the best mainhand and Twash is still the best offhand. And it seems like you need acc for this stuff anyway so keep using that Rag you don't appear to have.
First Page 2