Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Clothcraft » Habetrot
Habetrot
 Odin.Inia
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Inia
By Odin.Inia 2013-04-04 17:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a hankering to make some opaline gear, so I bought some cabbage and went to camp Habetrot for twincoons. 44 stacks of cabbage later, Habetrot has spawned exactly once. Is this normal, or am I just having awful luck? I know the spawn rate isn't fanstastic, but 1/44 seems a bit ridiculous.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2013-04-04 17:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

it's pretty annoying. i recommend camping sozu starberry inbetween ??? pops. i've gone for hours without pops plenty of times. all you can do is keep yourself entertained with something else while you go for it. good luck.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-04-05 09:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Really, REALLY bad luck.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-05 09:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a hankering to like OP just for the use of the word 'Hankering'.

Anyway, I've done 2-3 stacks and never seen him spawn. Here's a fun fact for you, though. The first confirmed completed Relic weapon was an Apocalypse, completed by Deathknight on Phoenix. It was partially funded by Habetrot. That's a thought that gives me nightmares.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-04-05 10:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a rare pop, as Hevans suggested its ideally something you do while rotating through the whole zone killing everything in your path.
I had a friend that used to live in that zone on SMN and break down all the tonberry coats too back in the day (bring crystals!)
 Odin.Broverdose
Server: Odin
By Odin.Broverdose 2013-04-05 10:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Inia said: »
Had a hankering to make some opaline gear, so I bought some cabbage and went to camp Habetrot for twincoons. 44 stacks of cabbage later, Habetrot has spawned exactly once. Is this normal, or am I just having awful luck? I know the spawn rate isn't fanstastic, but 1/44 seems a bit ridiculous.

That's why you're always in awkward zones!