Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Brennski
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2015-10-08 06:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What do people think of Seething Bomblet/Seething Bomblet +1 for RUN especially as a TP Piece and maybe for Resolution sets?

NQ Stats: Accuracy+12 Attack+12 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+6 Unity ranking: STR+1~5
HQ Stats: Accuracy+13 Attack+13 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+7 Unity ranking: STR+1~5

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-08 16:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Seething Bomblet is best for Lunge/Swipe, magic WSs, Resolution, and an exceptional TP piece. I'd still use mantoptera eye or Ginsen over it though.

As for 1-handed swords, I haven't looked at them much lately myself (Epeolatry uses will almost always be best off using that), but consider situations where you would sub NIN. Without dual wield, you won't cap attack speed to make them as worthwhile. I can't tell you much about damage options, but the new Hrotti and +1 would make a powerful BDT combo.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-09 02:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I still use Honed Tathlum in my default setup for the Acc+15, but I'll definitely swap it for Seething+1 if I ever manage to get it.

Atm I use Ghastly Tathlum +1 for Lunge, but with a Seething+1 I'd use this one instead.
 Asura.Brennski
By Asura.Brennski 2015-10-09 05:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I may have missed this in the guide or all the posts in this thread, but what are the best augments for Taeon?

I'm thinking Crit Rate/ Crit Damage and Accuracy and Attack for Legs, Feet and Head. Maybe MAB for Hands?
 Phoenix.Skyfire
Server: Phoenix
user: nightkidz
By Phoenix.Skyfire 2015-10-09 12:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Brennski said: »
I may have missed this in the guide or all the posts in this thread, but what are the best augments for Taeon?

I'm thinking Crit Rate/ Crit Damage and Accuracy and Attack for Legs, Feet and Head. Maybe MAB for Hands?

Would depend on the situation really. TA Acc/Att crit hit dmg, or if dw'ing have DW instead of TA(or combination of both depending on buffs). Can have multiple sets of Taeon if you wanted as well. DW set, TA set, MAB set etc... Won't really need Taeon hands for mab though once you get leyline gloves with max augment to MAB.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-09 13:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you are using these things for melee stats, Att and/or Acc, Triple Attack, and STR/DEX are always going to be ideal for damage. Breaking it down by piece:

Head: This basically would give you a more potent Whirlpool Mask. However, this piece can be easily replaced with a variety of pieces, including Dampening Tam. Great starter piece though.
Body: Overall a weak body option for melee compared to other options. Emet Harness provides acc/PDT, Rawhide is incredibly well rounded, as is Adhemar. However, this +4% Fast Cast makes it good for alternative uses like FC/Phalanx.
Hands: Like the body, it's native stats are poor. Used to be the ideal MAB hands til Leyline came into play. Erilaz Gauntlets +1, Umuthi, Rawhide are all better in terms of melee capacity. Only notable long-term use would be Phalanx.
Legs: An excellent piece for TP. High acc potential coupled with a good dose of Triple Attack, though other options like Samnuha Tights would replace it (except perhaps against extremely evasive enemies).
Feet: Probably the one piece that is hardest to replace, as few good alternatives exist. Comparable to Rawhide feet, however.
By dedrummer000 2015-10-09 14:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 334325

not sure when last one was posted, but i think this is ideal lunge set right now. i know grip isn't perfect, but since you can't change grips w/o losing tp, i figured this had a more rounded use.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-09 15:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

A few of those pieces can be topped, notably adhemar gamashes and eschan stone. Also technically, two Vampirisms would be stronger than a Soulcleaver, but you won't always have that option.
 Bahamut.Enkidou
Server: Bahamut
user: jamisont
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2015-10-10 08:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The search option on FFXIAH is hit or miss so forgive me if I missed this somewhere. How decent of an option is the Bidenhander?
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-10-10 09:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Btw, being able to see debuff duration is amazing.

What allows this? Recently came back from a break and haven't noticed anything like that with standard timers. :o
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-10-11 16:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just the status timer option in the vanilla game lets you see it.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-11 16:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

/statustimer on
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-10-11 17:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
A few of those pieces can be topped, notably adhemar gamashes and eschan stone. Also technically, two Vampirisms would be stronger than a Soulcleaver, but you won't always have that option.

For another non-Adhemar feet option, Manabyss Pigaches (MAB+18) are also superior to Weatherspoon+1.

Acumen Ring and one Fenrir+1 will also be better than Fenrir+1 x2 (and saves a lot of gil!).
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-11 18:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Qaaxo leggings too, some may have them already since they used to be an excellent WS piece (mab+15)
 Asura.Brennski
By Asura.Brennski 2015-10-13 02:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the best order to use Job Points on RUN?

I'm leaning towards Swipe Effect to start followed by Swordplay.

Also which path should I augment Rawhide Vest if I can get the drop?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-13 03:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

For Rawhide, if you only wanna get one, absolutely go with path A.
For the JP question it's hard to answer your question.

I don't really think you should give priority to Swordplay though. You don't need Swordplay all of the times, it can be knocked out by severe damage, it can be dispelled, it lasts at best 2 mins every 5.
Making so you can get a few more ticks of acc/eva isn't exactely game changing.

It kinda also depends how you use your RUN. Do you tank for a couple of friends for easy stuff? Do you do larger and harder events?
Many of the harder NMs "require" RUN for Rayke and Gambit, so increasing the amount of time Gambit can last, is a big increase over your whole party/alliance's damage.
Personally I really like Valiance, making it last longer with AF body and Job Points = the party benefits from elemental defense longer.
Once you cap that category and one for all to 15, you can almost have aoe protection for your party fulltime.

So yeah, if it were me I'd go with Vallation, Gambit, One For All, Swipe.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-14 08:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Personally I really like Valiance, making it last longer with AF body and Job Points = the party benefits from elemental defense longer.
Once you cap that category and one for all to 15, you can almost have aoe protection for your party fulltime.

So yeah, if it were me I'd go with Vallation, Gambit, One For All, Swipe.
This pretty much sums it up. With Epeolatry you get a little more coverage having Liement aoe, but for the most part staggering max duration Valiance and OFA is usually enough to cover a party. A lot of people may say that Vex/Attunement is necessary with in many high level melee fights (Reign, Escha), but I find Vex alone is enough to not even need a WHM if you're using Val/OFA too.
 Bismarck.Roundelk
Server: Bismarck
user: Roundelk
By Bismarck.Roundelk 2015-10-14 11:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any way to get any lost AF1 armor back or is it gone for good?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-10-19 10:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Posting this as a help to people who've got my luck with D-ring. It's possible to hit 50% PDT with the following set without D-ring:

ItemSet 336295

It's less ideal, obviously, but it's workable. You can use Lithelimb Cap if you have Loricate Collar +1.
 Bahamut.Enkidou
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2015-10-21 09:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure how out of date the guide sets are, but for TP is Thaumas body still over Rawhide (D)? Though I'm guessing Adhemar now takes over.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-10-22 09:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Enkidou said: »
I'm not sure how out of date the guide sets are, but for TP is Thaumas body still over Rawhide (D)? Though I'm guessing Adhemar now takes over.

It should be situational, since with greatsword RUN doesn't benefit from the dual-wield on Adhemar, and so Adhemar's higher base stats and acc/atk would put it just a bit ahead of Rawhide D.

Thaumas (when you don't need acc/atk) > Adhemar +1 > Adhemar > Rawhide D > other options

I think.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-22 14:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody tanked Perfidien and Plouton on RUN?
If so which runes did you keep up? I have no clue on what kind of element they deal, just the debuffs Perf's moves apply.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-22 14:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Tanking both on RUN, I just keep up Lux, the main reason being that their regular attacks and some WSs are dark based, as well as added effects like Curse or Dispel. Also, using Lux won't interfere with their weakness/absorb element mechanic. I do switch to a different rune for Gambit/Rayke when an opportunity presents itself. Most of their attacks are magic, though they both also have a collection of WSs that cover the 6 elements.

On Perfidien, you'll likely want Barthunder since he does a lot of added stuns, and Plouton you might prefer Barstone/petrify or Barblizzard/paralyze.
[+]
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-10-22 14:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody tanked Perfidien and Plouton on RUN?
If so which runes did you keep up? I have no clue on what kind of element they deal, just the debuffs Perf's moves apply.
You would need to rotate elements with them as they change their aura.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-22 14:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was scared about Rune damage messing up with weaknesses etc.
Think I'll just keep up Lux x3 and rotate runes for Gambit/Rayke when possible.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-10-22 14:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an up to date (10/22/15) list of gear somewhere in this guide? With the new GS from Escha Ru-annn and all the gear options from SR, dual wield, GA GS Sword club Axe etc. be nice to have the thread updated
 Bahamut.Enkidou
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2015-10-23 05:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Would augmented Lustratio or Despair set be better for resolution nowadays?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-23 05:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not entirely certain, as I don't have any way of testing straight-out, but I know it will depend on the piece. Legs you'll want Samnuha for sure, as they're just phenomenal. Feet would probably go to Lustratio, as the path D on them is absurd. I'd probably suggest Adhemar for hands, and most likely Lustratio for head. I'm not certain on the body.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-23 11:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anybody think of a food that gives both DEF and Accuracy?
I only know of Goulash, which is a low level one.
Is there a "high level version" of Goulash?
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 188 189 190