Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 188 189 190
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-10-19 11:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Just putting this little piece out there:
Code
if buffactive['Tenebrae'] and spell.english == 'Lunge' or spell.english == 'Swipe' then
		equip(sets.JA.Lunge,{head="Pixie Hairpin +1"})
	end

in your function precast & midcast, is a beast.

Also picked up a Meangah Cape +1, was wondering if it has any use in a Dimidiation Build or is Vespid a better option?
Nice idea.

Just one thing. This may not ever happen, depending on how you play, but...

Swipe always uses the most recently used rune. So if you have a Tenebrae up, but but it's not the most recent rune, the rule would pass, but the swipe wouldn't be dark elemental.

Again, might not ever happen. If you always use homogenous runes, or just pop a tenebrae swipe then rerune. But the potential loophole in the code is there.

Regarding Dimidiation capes. Kayapa would beat meanagh+1, and vespid would beat them both(barring acc needs)
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-19 17:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Using buffactive.tenebrae would register anytime at least 1 Tenebrae rune is up, but you could implement something in aftercast to register the most recently used rune, like:
Code
if spell.name == 'Tenebrae' then
			LastRune = 'Tenebrae'
		elseif spell.name == 'Lux' then
			LastRune = 'Lux'
		elseif spell.name == 'Ignis' then
			LastRune = 'Ignis'
		elseif spell.name == 'Gelus' then
			LastRune = 'Gelus'
		elseif spell.name == 'Flabra' then
			LastRune = 'Flabra'
		elseif spell.name == 'Tellus' then
			LastRune = 'Tellus'
		elseif spell.name == 'Sulpor' then
			LastRune = 'Sulpor'
		elseif spell.name == 'Unda' then
			LastRune = 'Unda'
		end

then use:
Code
if spell.english == 'Lunge' or spell.english == 'Swipe' then
			if LastRune == 'Tenebrae' then
				equip(sets.JA.Lunge,{head="Pixie Hairpin +1"})
			end	
		end
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-10-19 17:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

or you could just simply throw up Tenebrae then Swipe, and then put back the rune you want >.>

If I use Lunge I tend to use 3 of the same Runes.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-19 18:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

True, realistically you'd only need that extra coding in there to assure that, while switching between runes, you can Swipe while ensuring the right stuff is equipped. It's pretty specific and limited, but I'd wager some people are nit-picky about that sorta thing.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-10-19 18:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Using buffactive.tenebrae would register anytime at least 1 Tenebrae rune is up, but you could implement something in aftercast to register the most recently used rune, like:
Code
if spell.name == 'Tenebrae' then
			LastRune = 'Tenebrae'
		elseif spell.name == 'Lux' then
			LastRune = 'Lux'
		elseif spell.name == 'Ignis' then
			LastRune = 'Ignis'
		elseif spell.name == 'Gelus' then
			LastRune = 'Gelus'
		elseif spell.name == 'Flabra' then
			LastRune = 'Flabra'
		elseif spell.name == 'Tellus' then
			LastRune = 'Tellus'
		elseif spell.name == 'Sulpor' then
			LastRune = 'Sulpor'
		elseif spell.name == 'Unda' then
			LastRune = 'Unda'
		end
Or you could do.
Code
if spell.type=="Rune" then
	LastRune = spell.english
end
And get exactly the same result as your above elseif chain.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-19 18:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I wasn't sure if Rune Enchantment registered like that or not. Good tip.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-10-19 18:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

There's not really enough documentation on a lot of this stuff. but you can figure out quite a bit with some digging.

the variables.xlsx in the gearswap folder doesn't have complete lists. but it can still tell you some useful things.

the entry on "type".
Code
type		spell.type	string	String indicating the type of spell without spaces. So "JobAbility" for Provoke, "WhiteMagic" for Cure, "BardSong" for Marches, etc. Obtained from resources.
So then you go look in the resources....

here's the entry on tenebrae
Code
[365] = {id=365,en="Tenebrae",ja="テネブレイ",element=7,icon_id=47,mp_cost=1,prefix="/jobability",range=0,recast_id=10,targets=1,tp_cost=0,type="Rune"},
All of those entries correspond to things gearswap can read about the JA. For example, the the "Type" is Rune. Before I figured that out, I was using an S table with a list of rune names.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-19 20:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did the solo BC for the ergon quest, noticed two things:
1) The guy you fight has some fancy RUN armor that I noticed in the dats a while ago, which I had thought would be an empyrean equivalent, I'll get a picture of it later.
2) That jerk had access to Chant du Cygne! What makes him so freakin' special?
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-10-19 20:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Because he's a boss, that's why..they get all the cool ***.

Please tell me that armor isn't some fugly color; my LS already calls me Salmon Fencer because of relic.

Also why do people ignore you when you tell them gambit/rayke is on... that is some annoying crap right there.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-10-19 20:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually kind of ugly but not salmon/creamcicle ugly.

"I've de-buffed the monsters magic resistance to an element!!!"
"what???"

Also I've been enjoying the Epeolatry storyline though I hear the final CS is kind of a let down. But its cool seeing who all the zones are named after as well as catching a glimpse of "It"
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-19 21:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it the guy on the top right?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-19 21:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, I don't see it anywhere in that picture. I'll have to update my AltanaViewer lists to get a picture. I really hope the armor in that picture is our empyrean.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-19 21:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How about this?

[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-10-19 22:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

that is some nice looking armor.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-10-20 00:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Upper Right is Augustus, the creature below it is tied to the main storyline but makes appearances in the ergon weapon questline.

The armor in question is worn by Zurko-Burzko but is not the regular gear set you see him wearing in Mhaura. Its a a purple/blue heavy armor with a roman centurion helmet.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-20 00:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean usually Spira finds these in the .dats but I haven't seen or heard of that armor model. I'm curious now...

Go screeen shot it!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-20 15:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for the weird shoulders.

[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-10-20 19:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

oh god that hat D:
 Bismarck.Linkka
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Linkka 2014-10-21 23:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a Onion Helm
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-22 01:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody has experiences to share concerning RUN on the VD avatar fights?
Not much as a tank on Tank+RNG strategies (for which I assume RUN has no issues at all). Was thinking to create a DD setup with at least one RUN for Valiance protection during those Astral Flows that happen every 20% HP.
Altough probably you'd need 2 RUNs even with maxed Job Points and AF body there's no way to keep Valiance up 100%.

If you went there, which SJ did you use?
By FaeQueenCory 2014-10-22 07:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The lack of hooker boots... Proves that this is not our empy set!
(lol)

Though it does fit the "criteria" that empy sets have higher poly counts (the mesh is more complex) than the artifact sets...
However, usually the empy sets have been referential to the original AF...
So I don't really think that this is it. (Also cause the "ice climbers" look is 100% likely to be GEO's, and no dats yet probably mean no dats for RUN too... Though that argument is weak cause SE.)
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-22 08:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Empy have higher polycount because they were created like 9 years later. AF was made back in 2002 or so. People thought Nashmeira's clothing was PUP AF2 since it was the same skin but white and people though Lusaf's gear was COR AF2. There aren't many NPC's that we don't have player equivalents too, the one I can think of off the top of my head is Rughadjeen's armor( though we do have his Brego Helm and Brego Gloves, but no Brego Corazza).

Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-22 08:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

The lack of hooker boots... Proves that this is not our empy set!
(lol)

Though it does fit the "criteria" that empy sets have higher poly counts (the mesh is more complex) than the artifact sets...
However, usually the empy sets have been referential to the original AF...
So I don't really think that this is it. (Also cause the "ice climbers" look is 100% likely to be GEO's, and no dats yet probably mean no dats for RUN too... Though that argument is weak cause SE.)

How can you guys tell the amount of poly count of each set? Does AltanaViewer provide the info?
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-22 08:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they meant relative complexity. Look at how much is going on in that armor. Belts,straps,rivots,a plumed greathelm,pauldrons, embroidered surcoat with red tassels. Empyrean armors are quite detailed. PUP's body has moraccas, throwing knives and tambourines, drg's gauntlets have sharpened, dragon claw-esque finger tips, blu has that hipster scarf, sch has that key, SAM has the ff5 crescent moon on the kabuto, etc
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-22 08:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
I think they meant relative complexity. Look at how much is going on in that armor. Belts,straps,rivots,a plumed greathelm,pauldrons, embroidered surcoat with red tassels. Empyrean armors are quite detailed. PUP's body has moraccas, throwing knives and tambourines, drg's gauntlets have sharpened, dragon claw-esque finger tips, blu has that hipster scarf, sch has that key, SAM has the ff5 crescent moon on the kabuto, etc

That's texture, which is not the same as poly count :p You can make the model looks as complex as you want with textures.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-10-22 09:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a bit of both actually.
Take the pauldrons for instance. They have a much higher complexity in their mesh than the rest of the body. (which is basically just a tube.)
There's also the hanging belts that add to the overall mesh's complexity: ie polycount.
Essentially, when a piece is "painted on" it's texture (without delving into the mesh proper, I'd wager the boxes on the back are pure texture; though they could be mesh boxes added on), and when it's "hanging" it's mesh.

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Empy have higher polycount because they were created like 9 years later. AF was made back in 2002 or so. People thought Nashmeira's clothing was PUP AF2 since it was the same skin but white and people though Lusaf's gear was COR AF2. There aren't many NPC's that we don't have player equivalents too, the one I can think of off the top of my head is Rughadjeen's armor( though we do have his Brego Helm and Brego Gloves, but no Brego Corazza).
People who thought that were dumber than dumber than dumb.
Namely because AF2s are 100% the same mesh as AF1s... just with a different paint job.

And it's not JUST that they happened 9yrs later... because they still limited the mesh complexity due to their incessant need to say "PS2 limitations".
Otherwise we'd be seeing stuff on par with games of that year using that logic.
Empy sets have higher polycounts due to them being empy sets.
PLD's empy set is a fantasy full-plate; rather than the realistic armor set + tiara that the Af1 was.
SMN's empy is the exact same thing as its AF1, just fancier...
All of them follow that guideline of being "fancier" versions of the AF1... model wise, they are literally just higher poly count AF1s. (with some ascetic changes like PLD's tiara => full helm.... which... though I am loathe to see that helm walking around in game... probably indicates that that pastel blue set really IS the RUN empy set.... Boots need more hooker... Guess we'll know come Xmas or so.)
EDIT: also, RUN and GEO's AF1 are pretty low poly compared to other Adoulin gear. They're about the same level of complexity as SCH and DNC's is. (more than base-game jobs', but there's fancier stuff out there)
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-22 09:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
It's a bit of both actually.
Take the pauldrons for instance. They have a much higher complexity in their mesh than the rest of the body. (which is basically just a tube.)
There's also the hanging belts that add to the overall mesh's complexity: ie polycount.
Essentially, when a piece is "painted on" it's texture (without delving into the mesh proper, I'd wager the boxes on the back are pure texture; though they could be mesh boxes added on), and when it's "hanging" it's mesh.

AFAIK, you won't see the real poly count unless you export the model somewhere though, since you can have as many polygons as you want on each element. A cube with 30 poly count can look the same as 3000 poly count.

Also, whether a model has more polycount or not is not exactly relevant to game age. Many factors affects them, armor design, artist modelling workflow, game engine limitation and so on.....in the case of certain jobs, their AF is just that simple in terms of design.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-22 22:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

As a guy who messes around with this game's models, I can tell you that yeah, it is a bit more than the average model, though I can't understand why any of you would care. To give a few comparisons on a Hume Male:

This shirt: 467 vertices
Runeist Coat: 441
Qaaxo Harness: 315
Shneddick Tabard: 344
Kheper Jacket: 401
Crimson Mail: 222
Ares Cuirass: 317
Sha'ir Manteel: 256

The shoulders alone are 127 vertices. Anyway, all armors use a sort of mirroring so most of the armor is completely symmetrical (Kheper's sash and Qaaxo's shoulder plate being exceptions here). This has nothing to do with Rune Fencer, but since you're all asking and I can answer, well, there ya go.

Here's a quick sample of the shirt after having removed the shoulder plates:

I did, at one point, muse how neat it would be to make some of the Bravely Default armors (such as the Summoner set), but it's a crazy amount of work and I'm not that good an artist. However! RUN is a manteel short of being able to mimic the female Mystic Knight/Spell Fencer look, using Ruby Seraweels, and Storm Gages/Crackows.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-10-23 00:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody has experiences to share concerning RUN on the VD avatar fights?
Not much as a tank on Tank+RNG strategies (for which I assume RUN has no issues at all). Was thinking to create a DD setup with at least one RUN for Valiance protection during those Astral Flows that happen every 20% HP.
Altough probably you'd need 2 RUNs even with maxed Job Points and AF body there's no way to keep Valiance up 100%.

If you went there, which SJ did you use?

I sub /sam no real point in any other sub. As stated, you can't keep Valiance up full-time, so normally during the cool down, I try to use things like all-for-one, and Liement to eat an astral flow (ergon perks sorry!) Depending on your group setup, there are other things that can help mitigate damage, such as a Geo. Keeping Foil up and knowing when to turtle up pretty much seals the deal when it comes physical bloodpacts, like Rush, P claws, etc.

we pretty much go mnk, pld, run, brd, whm, and the last slot can be Cor/Geo/Smn depending on who's in the LS going.

IMO, the only avatar I run into issues is Ramuh's cheap ***. The fact that he can stun and paralyze while all the other Avatars essentially only have one element you have to defend against.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-10-23 09:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh can indeed be a giant pain in the ***. ><

We've generally done well going RUN SAM WHM GEO BRD COR, with the occasional mixup of replacing the SAM with RNG.
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 188 189 190