Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Zanosan
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2017-11-20 14:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
I'd think a set w/ more of a balance between STR, Att, Acc and multi-attack would serve you better, given the nature of the WS.

The scenario in our heads are different. My set is assuming capped ACC and ATT so I'm ignoring those options for the most part(body is a laziness concession). Obviously, you add ACC and ATT when it's needed, but you can't just mindlessly throw those stats(especially accuracy) on in any combination and call it BiS. There is no "best" reso set, considering the number of situations in the game, I don't think that needs much saying this late into the game. But I can't imagine a set aimed at the highest maximum damage would be poked at for not having enough accuracy and attack lol. We have support jobs for that.

But if you were making a set that needed accuracy and attack then what would you change? Head, feet, legs and then Regal>Epona? Adhemar Bonnet +1 has about 30 more attack for 15 less strength and and 4TA vs 3DA then herculean boots for 35~ more attack and accuracy for 16 less STR and 5 TA. Legs, Meg +2. Raetic Bangles has a massive amount of accuracy on it and the most STR of any hand option. My set already has a lot of MA and taking into account the 25% or more DA from Temper, I would think you have a more than "balanced" amount at this point.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-20 14:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
I'd think a set w/ more of a balance between STR, Att, Acc and multi-attack would serve you better, given the nature of the WS.

I think the general consensus is that when someone asks for BiS you always assume capped accuracy/attack.
[+]
By geigei 2017-11-20 15:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Herculean with str/ta beats the ***out of that set.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-11-20 15:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Multi hit loses value if you already 8 hitting reso. I know many different scenarios in the spreadsheet STR beating TA augs (obviously want both in a herc situation if you can, but just showing how more str can beat out more TA no problem). I haven't put in that persons set he posted though, so not sure where it stands. It definitely hits higher STR than herc however. Emoblden Temper is strong.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-11-20 15:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zanosan said: »
The scenario in our heads are different.

Sure seems like it.

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I think the general consensus is that when someone asks for BiS you always assume capped accuracy/attack.

Oh?
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-20 16:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Herculean with str/ta beats the ***out of that set.

Lustratio Cap +1/Lustratio Leggings +1 vs Herculean Helm/Herculean Boots

STR +26
DEX +33
DA +3
TA -8

I would definitely take 26 STR 33 DEX 3 DA over 8 TA. The thing with TA is that it can only proc once with Reso because of the 8 strike ceiling. DA can proc on both MA chances (if that is indeed how the game works) regardless so it's very close in value in regards to TA.

Adhemar Jacket +1 vs Herculean Vest

STR -5
DEX +11
TA +1
STP -3

Adhemar Wristbands +1 vs Herculean Gloves

STR -4
DEX +17
TA -1
STP +7

Raetic Bangles +1 vs Herculean Gloves
STR +7
DEX -1
TA -5

I would choose Herculean Vest over Adhemar Jacket +1 although that requires perfect augments. For the hands I'm leaning towards Adhemar Wristbands +1. The DPS is probably very similar given how close they are in regards to other stats, although the +7 STP might meaningfully contribute more damage to the next Reso than the difference in those stats.

ItemSet 354528
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-20 16:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I would definitely take 26 STR 33 DEX 3 DA over 8 TA. The thing with TA is that it can only proc once with Reso because of the 8 strike ceiling.

Reso is five hits not six so you still get 2 TA rolls for +2 hits each with the eight hit cap applied after. If you proc two TA's the second one only adds +1 hit. Lustrado +1 might still be BiS but attack isn't nearly as easy to cap as people make it out to be, especially for a job with no natural attack bonus on a Weapon Skill with -15% attack penalty.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-20 16:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I am under the impression that you simply can't proc TA if you're already at 7 hits (same with QA when you're at 6). Have never seen testing either way.
By Taint 2017-11-20 16:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I am under the impression that you simply can't proc TA if you're already at 7 hits (same with QA when you're at 6). Have never seen testing either way.

First two hits can proc, max is 8.

So if you get a TA on first (7) and a TA on the 2 second, you still get a total of 8.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-20 16:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

So if you get a TA on first (7) and a TA on the 2 second, you still get a total of 8.

I understand that's what Saeval was asserting, just stating that there are two conjectures on this matter and neither have any supporting evidence.
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-20 16:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll go test it later if you really think it'll cut off the 2nd TA.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-20 17:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright. It seems reasonable to test using TA only THF and Kraken Club/Ceremonial Dagger. If you get at least one 6 kclub/2 dagger attack rounds then you know that you can get truncated MA procs.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-20 17:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

62% Triple Attack, with 0% DA and QA, using a 5 hit WS (Requiescat, single-wielded)

I got an 8 hit WS on the very second try. You can Triple Attack even if you're only 1 hit away from the round cap.
[+]
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-11-20 17:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Went ahead and did it:

THF/SAM in Abyssea, single wielding ceremonial dagger (183),
10 STP SJ,
15 STP Gear
No double attack gear or atma
Enough TA gear to make it not annoying

Base TP gain = floor(61+(3*88/360)) == 61
TP w/ STP = floor(61 + 61(25/100)) == 76

Additional hits w/ tp = 12

8 hit TP = (76 + 12*7) == 160, so 160 TP return indicates that it TA'd twice and truncated.

I got a 160 TP return pretty quick, so now we know.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-20 18:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

I understand that's what Saeval was asserting, just stating that there are two conjectures on this matter and neither have any supporting evidence.

I believe original testing was by Byrth a long *** time ago. You get two full MA rolls per multi-hit WS, any hits over eight are truncated. So that is 2 QA rolls, 2 TA rolls and 2 DA rolls but never more then eight total hits.
By monkey33333333 2017-11-20 21:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

so whats so good about the Raetic Bangles +1 for reso?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-11-20 22:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

monkey33333333 said: »
so whats so good about the Raetic Bangles +1 for reso?

read again the last page, you will see no one is really saying that. However they do have the highest str atm in game for the hand slott, but lacks anything else reso really needs.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-21 01:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought they were BiS, but I think Adhemar Wristbands +1 are better.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2017-11-21 08:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 354544

ItemSet 354517

For fun:

ItemSet 354543
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-21 08:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You realize that WSD only effects the first hit of a WS, that +WSD is doing nothing for resolution.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-21 09:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprisingly enough Knobkierrie works better than I expected it to for Resolution on RUN, when you're not attack capped, maybe Carrot swapped the ammo in the 2 sets accidentally?
I don't personally use it because I'm lazy but on the spreadsheet I've had it win (barely...) over my seething+1 in a couple of situations.

Also a side/downgrade someone might already have and that costs zero gil is Lilitu Headpiece (perf aug). In att uncapped situations and when your acc is ok, it's a good piece for Reso.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-21 09:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Even on a multi hit WS, 23 attack is still 23 attack. Plus, 6% WSDMG on a 5-8 hit WS is still roughly +1% to damage since you're unlikely to be using very much WSDMG elsewhere, and 1% is noticeable in the ammo slot.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-21 10:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Surprisingly enough Knobkierrie works better than I expected it to for Resolution on RUN, when you're not attack capped, maybe Carrot swapped the ammo in the 2 sets accidentally?
I don't personally use it because I'm lazy but on the spreadsheet I've had it win (barely...) over my seething+1 in a couple of situations.

Also a side/downgrade someone might already have and that costs zero gil is Lilitu Headpiece (perf aug). In att uncapped situations and when your acc is ok, it's a good piece for Reso.

It said attack capped so I was doing a ??? cause Atk +26 is all it really has for Reso, Seething is 16.75 attack so it's like 10 attack with 5 STR vs 0.01% WSD (0.06/5.5). I've also seen an endless amount of people thinking +WSD effects every hit of Reso because the Fotia Neck / Belt are so badly labeled.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-11-21 11:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the majority of the people understand WSD does not affect each hit. I do think we understand however, that as you cap out attack/acc etc, and have a very high MA rate, that wsd can start to have a bigger impact (yes for even just 1 hit of a multi hit ws) than a few str when your rocking 400+ str for sure. Its all situational obviously but 5 str vs 6 wsd could be very dang close, and that extra 10 attack~ might make it better especially for a job like run who caps acc fine, but struggles in the attack department.

"if" that 6 wsd only produces a 1% gain, does 5 str? flip a coin its so close anyhow. I personally use seething, but i can see an argument for knob, and it truthfully might win (though I like the extra acc 'just in case' ***like dispel etc).
By clearlyamule 2017-11-21 11:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Sech's first point might have been why is the 23 att piece in the capped att set but a 13 att (+0-4 from str) in the uncapped att set seems kind of reversed. Is it really an uncapped ACC and att set?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-21 11:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
I think Sech's first point might have been why is the 23 att piece in the capped att set but a 13 att (+0-4 from str) in the uncapped att set seems kind of reversed. Is it really an uncapped ACC and att set?
Exactely what I was trying to say :x
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-11-21 11:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand the logic behind Lustratio but I've been killed by WSing at the wrong time enough to have decided against it on principle.

It's ok for a SAM, DRK, or WAR to justify doing stuff like that but as a RUN, even when I'm in pure DD mode, I kind of consider it my duty to be "the DD that never dies or gets shut down by ailments." It's actually a point of pride for me when I play RUN.

Lustratio is nice, but it doesn't take many Taupe stones to get STR+15 on Herc gear.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-21 11:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
"if" that 6 wsd only produces a 1% gain, does 5 str? flip a coin its so close anyhow. I personally use seething, but i can see an argument for knob, and it truthfully might win (though I like the extra acc 'just in case' ***like dispel etc).

It's (0.06/<number of hits>) for the increase in WSD. I went with a 5.5 hit Reso to be super conservative, in reality it would be more like a 6 hit so (0.06/6) = 1%. 5 STR gets you about the same if not slightly higher result (fSTR matters), especially if it's in a "attack capped" set, it would be better to put it in the "attack uncapped" set.

Asura.Azagarth said: »
I think the majority of the people understand WSD does not affect each hit.

I have to explain it to at least two people every week, and still people insist on using +WSD on Reso gear.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-21 12:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
I have to explain it to at least two people every week, and still people insist on using +WSD on Reso gear.

You can explain ***until you're blue in the face. It doesn't matter what it is. It doesn't matter how proven it is. You'll still see people say TH affects Drings.

Assume everyone is an idiot, and needs everything spelled out, you'll never be wrong.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-11-21 12:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

It use to be this way but with the dwindling population of ffxi, I doubt there are even 2 new people a week who do not frequent ffxiah ;D

There are times when high wsd amounts can be impactful, either way you go its looks side grade at best, so I would not fault anyone for using either (unless they needed acc then seething is obvious). I just don't think its wise to lump everyone into the same category of "if you use wsd on a multihit your new and dont know wtf your doing". It may very well be that they understand what they are doing and see that it could be very close and are hoping to see if one truly is better than the other, even if 1dps under uncommon scenario #286. I agree that generally seething is the safer ammo to use, dispelga alone, or miss swap is reason enough to value that acc.

I had a debate for drg awhile ago inagme if knob or amar was better for example. Yes different ammos than this discussion, but it was clearly shown knob was winner unless you could use that acc which on drg hopefully should be next to never. However that same guy used your posts talking with me as "proof" it wasn't better when it clearly was from the scenarios we talked about at that point in time.
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 188 189 190