someone make dat mod skins for these! :(
[+]
 Odin.Elmodfz
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Elmodfz
By Odin.Elmodfz 2013-03-25 13:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Be nice to garden stuff without having to check plants. That always was a pain having to remember to log on and water/feed them or they would die.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2013-03-25 13:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Moonlightespada said: »

I wiped on that so many times and to this day I can't figure out why.

PROBABLY A CASE OF THE BADS
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2013-03-25 13:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

funny thing is kali is for years they have alluded to pumpkin mobs in the west durring the halloween event... maybe we might see some in SoA
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-25 13:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Elmodfz said: »
Be nice to garden stuff without having to check plants. That always was a pain having to remember to log on and water/feed them or they would die.

If this works out I will be a gardening fiend hope my level 1 mules can get in the action lol...
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-03-25 13:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

wth stop derailing play as a monster talk !!
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-25 13:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

:x lol I kinda called it, but I haven't exactly been trying to keep it on topic either >.>

If you want to talk about play as a monster talk here:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/30648/dev-play-as-a-monster-system/
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-25 13:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hope this resort thing doesn't require excessive time investment cause it's cool to have but I can't be bothered to waste my time like this if it requires lots of effort <.<
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-25 13:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I just hope this resort thing doesn't require excessive time investment cause it's cool to have but I can't be bothered to waste my time like this if it requires lots of effort <.<
I think it will require time investment, but not nearly as much as you would doing these activities on the main land.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-25 14:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Now if I can fish up Haks I am in heaven lol dream big or go home lol....
 Odin.Tsuneo
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2013-03-25 14:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-25 14:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There will be a lot of low level "leveling" fish, but I'm sure there will be a few legendary that might bring in just as much as Hakuryu.

They are going to be making updates to the fishing system, and I think it might even include a Hakuryu nerf.

If we are going to need the lures and bait that Hakuryu uses for new fish, I don't see them keeping Hakuryu the same.

Unless they plan on adding fish that are worth more per hour than Hakuryu.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2013-03-25 14:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Why even wish for Hakuryu? I want something better than that.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-25 14:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even fish them anymore, it's boring >.>

I'd much prefer some type of boat ride or something fun.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-25 14:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No not the N word for fishing argh /wrist try's to break my ebisu and realize I can't and smiles lol. Keep hope alive and say no to the N word ugh...... I want haks and allow me to sell to my moggle lmao...
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2013-03-25 14:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
No not the N word for fishing argh /wrist try's to break my ebisu and realize I can't and smiles lol. Keep hope alive and say no to the N word ugh...... I want haks and allow me to sell to my moggle lmao...
What?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-25 14:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

n word = nerf >.>;

I just don't see how keeping 2 lures completely unstocked at all times will be a good thing for an expansion.

I'm not saying I want it to happen, I just don't see it staying like this.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2013-03-25 14:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

On top of the lure issues, The gil per hour for Hakuryu isn't that great either, so why be stuck in the past? I want something better to fish.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-25 14:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
n word = nerf >.>;

I just don't see how keeping 2 lures completely unstocked at all times will be a good thing for an expansion.

I'm not saying I want it to happen, I just don't see it staying like this.
I just make sardine balls or sliced bluetail just fish them up on my mules and never have an issue. Now mfing LIKS on the other hand drive me crazy >.>....
 Lakshmi.Harkonnen
Server: Lakshmi
user: tobenutte
By Lakshmi.Harkonnen 2013-03-25 14:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate fighiting the lines on the boats and guilds for minnows and sinkers. Thats why i have gone to making Sardine balls.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-25 14:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because there is an alternative doesn't make the problem go away. If SE creates new fish that we need a minnow or sinking minnow for then it's going to cause issues.
 Lakshmi.Harkonnen
Server: Lakshmi
user: tobenutte
By Lakshmi.Harkonnen 2013-03-25 14:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »
On top of the lure issues, The gil per hour for Hakuryu isn't that great either, so why be stuck in the past? I want something better to fish.

Give some Bizmark type of fish to catch, now that would be fun.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2013-03-25 14:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because there is an alternative doesn't make the problem go away. If SE creates new fish that we need a minnow or sinking minnow for then it's going to cause issues.
That's true; they're going to need to remedy the situation, or they can just not add fish that need those lures, but I'd hope for the former.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-25 14:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

SE just needs to stop making silly fish that constantly break 110 fishers lines then problem solved lol. Next fishing quest Lu shangs unbreakable string of power..
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-25 14:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

03-25-2013 02:33 PM
[source]
Yoji Fujito
Dev Team

Information on Mog Gardens

Hello,

I'd like to give a simple explanation of Mog Gardens, which is previously what we referenced as "Back on the Ranch" at VanaFest 2012. Most of this information has been confirmed at the current point in time, but there might be a possibility changes do occur, and we appreciate your understanding.

What's a Mog Garden?
A Mog Garden is a small island floating in the Adoulin archipelago, and the property rights are granted by the Adoulin government to those deemed true pioneers. This allows the pioneers to freely utilize and extract all of the resources it has to offer. To put it simply, the government has said that pioneers are free to do as they please with the things they procure on the island.

What kind of resources are there?
The below resources points have been found on the islands:

• Beautiful beaches
    Various things are carried by the gently rolling waves. Of course, you can fish as well. Not a fan catching some sun rays? Well, we've thought of that, and have prepared a beach umbrella!

• Trees and thick vegetation
    You can harvest on your island and you might even find some strange logs or plants native to Ulbuka. Originally, special items were needed for harvesting, but here, your moogle will provide what you need!

• Springs
    There are hints of fish in this crystal clear water, and fishing if possible here as well. There are nets set up at both the coast and the spring, so you might just pull in some big fish!

• Bare mineral deposits
    You'll be able to mine at these locations. The islands of the Adoulin archipelago are famous for the cornucopia of minerals. While you originally needed a pick axe for mining, once again, your moogle will provide what you need.

• Moogle field
    In the center of the island there is nutrient-rich soil, and something is sure to grow if you plant a seed here. Different from gardening, there is no need to worry about withering here! Try and plant a variety of seeds.

Through the above, it will be possible to obtain different materials, plants, and marine products from these resources. Depending on the coalition ranks, you can also obtain things that will be beneficial to your Mog Garden.

So wait, it's not a farm?
Don't you worry, that plan is still alive. However, we'd like some time for that. What we are currently thinking for animal raising is instead of having complex growth elements like chocobo raising, we'd like to making it possible to raise a monster and then harvest the items from each one repeatedly at a set interval. Once we finalize the details for this I will let you all know.

Just as described above, there will be chances to obtain a variety of different materials from your Mog Garden. Different from your Mog House, however, there are no layout customization options for your Mog Garden. Instead, you will be able to expand resource points and develop your Mog Garden. There might just be a story that starts from an unexpected visitor or wreckage that washes up.

I’ll be back to let you know details at a later time.
Until then!
Subscribe
By Sidiov 2013-03-25 14:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like I can GROW my own monsters there in the future!

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-25 14:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Sidiov 2013-03-25 15:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm.. actually it makes sense.... I grow my own monster, harvest its items (organs) then use its emptied out skin to cover my body and hunt people (play as monster)...
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-03-25 15:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Please be secret code for a better way to farm adaman ore. I'm shooting it too fast. D:
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2013-03-25 15:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

More like we need more Recycle already.