Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » To Do list
To Do list
 Bahamut.Scribe
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Scribe
By Bahamut.Scribe 2013-03-12 13:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it would be cool to have a place on your ffxiah account where you can make a "To Do" list of things you want to accomplish in the game. I often have so many things going on at once that I forget some stuff that I wanted to still have a priority. And *** notepad files they are ugly :P

This might even be a way people can group up for mutual interests.
[+]
 Phoenix.Quince
Server: Phoenix
user: Quince
By Phoenix.Quince 2013-03-12 13:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I like this idea!
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-03-12 14:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Be pretty helpful for those more rare events/fights.
[+]
 Bahamut.Scribe
Server: Bahamut
user: Scribe
By Bahamut.Scribe 2013-03-12 20:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I was thinking, and for those people trying to complete certain things. For instance: I would like to do assaults.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [199 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Instant
Server: Siren
user: Instant
By Siren.Instant 2013-09-28 04:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

bump
like this idea a lot
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2013-09-28 09:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

May as well just sign up for trello, and make a board for your LS/board for yourself.
 Phoenix.Jurges
user: Jurges
By Phoenix.Jurges 2013-09-28 09:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to finish a mythic. NEED MORE ALEX PLZ..

In the meantime, I'm finishing some AF+1 for the hell of it and enjoying soloing some older content. Specifically, old-school COR kiting.

Why? Why the hell not lol
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-09-28 12:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

list: remember all things that i put on this long *** list...
 Phoenix.Taletta
user: DrTaletta
By Phoenix.Taletta 2013-09-28 13:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

(Eco-Warrior) (San d'Oria) (Do you need it?) (please) (/tell) (job) 1/18

Some day...you will be removed from my quest list...
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2013-09-28 16:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously.

This is an amazing to-do list thing, and you can make groups so you can have LS/friend lists.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-28 17:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not the point. Imagine you could do a search for interest kind of thing for players, that way you would very easily find people you don't know that have the same interest as you and together you would accomplish it. You can't shout in town all day and it would also work for people that don't play a lot or have weird times to connect with others.

Worth adding or not is up to debate, but that would be the point.
 Bismarck.Davorin
Server: Bismarck
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-09-28 17:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
That's not the point. Imagine you could do a search for interest kind of thing for players, that way you would very easily find people you don't know that have the same interest as you and together you would accomplish it. You can't shout in town all day and it would also work for people that don't play a lot or have weird times to connect with others.

Worth adding or not is up to debate, but that would be the point.

Sounds a lot like in-game search comments to me. No one uses them anymore though.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-28 18:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't help for people who aren't on at same time, or you might disconnect and forget to reset it, or in general it's hard to filter if too many people are loaded.

Not saying it makes it worth adding, but just trying to push through why it's not stupid either.
 Phoenix.Taletta
user: DrTaletta
By Phoenix.Taletta 2013-09-28 18:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It wouldn't be very hard to implement, and it would be helpful in situations where you are having difficulty filling event slots.

Let's say that Homestar Runner is getting ready to go start his CoP missions, and decides that his lack of arms will make it hard to win. Normally, when players seek assistance for events, they use /yell and /shout or ask their friends. These 3 options don't always yield results, however. What if Homestar Runner could look on FFXIAH.com for players that may need the same things cleared? By checking the "To-Do" tab and navigating to the <abitrary event name> listings, he could begin using /sea all <playername> to find people that may benefit from teaming up with him.

Or perhaps Strong Bad has really always wanted to catch up on Assault missions, but cannot due to the popularity being at an all-time low. He could add the desired Assault missions to his "To-Do" list, so that when The Cheat decides he wants to form an Assault static, there's a list of players to contact on FFXIAH.com

Originally, this problem was partially mitigated on account of the LS Community plugin, but that isn't accessible anymore. It seems like a beneficial idea. The trick is convincing the FFXIAH.com staff to go through the hassle for a decrepit game.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-09-28 20:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Scribe said: »
I think it would be cool to have a place on your ffxiah account where you can make a "To Do" list of things you want to accomplish in the game. I often have so many things going on at once that I forget some stuff that I wanted to still have a priority. And *** notepad files they are ugly :P

This might even be a way people can group up for mutual interests.

Can I just say, LOVE YOUR AVATAR>

That and this idea would be very useful.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.